• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chubluv
    BillsZone bowling team MVP
    • Jan 2003

Most memorable hockey game

There is a thread about the most memorable football game you attended. So lets start one here and make it the most memorable hockey game you ever attended.

We are in 5th place
    Clump is on the IR
    Chubluv average is 167
    Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ
    Become a member of BDZ !!!!

• chubluv
    BillsZone bowling team MVP
    • Jan 2003

It comes down to 2 games for me: Game 6 of the SC finals or The 4 OT game against the Devils.

I'll have to say the 4 OT game against the Devils. I almost left the game a few times because I had to be at work @ 10:30. I didnt want to go so I called the guy who I was supposed to go in and replace, and he told me to stay until it ended. I still laugh about the outcome of the game because the guy that was covering for me was a Devils fan, and he thought NJ would win in OT. Well I guess he got the last laugh as NJ won the series

We are in 5th place
    Clump is on the IR
    Chubluv average is 167
    Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ
    Become a member of BDZ !!!!

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Buffalo Sabres 12, Moscow Dynamo 6

In lieu of the traditional All-Star Game, Soviet club teams toured North American to play NHL teams for the first time, and the Sabres had a January 4 date with the Soviet Wings. In the mid-1970’s, the Soviets were looked upon as mysterious, and the name of their game was speed. Sabres GM Punch Imlach wanted so badly to defeat a Russian team, he studied game tapes of the Wings’ previous game in Pittsburgh. The Soviet Wings hadn’t lost to an NHL team when they faced the Sabres. "We came out onto the ice, and it had to be several minutes until it quieted down," said Buffalo’s Jerry Korab. "We were so excited we could almost feel the ice shake." It was Korab’s crunching check on the great Alexander Yakushev that sparked the Sabres early. Buffal was ahead 4-2, after one period and 9-4 after 34 minutes. Rick Martin and Danny Gare scored two goals apiece as Buffalo won, 12-6, in a game Imlach later called the high point of the season.

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Here's an Idea what the Reds did to the NHL's elite....

12/28/75 Red Amy 7 NY Rangers 3
        12/29/75 Soviet Wings 7 Pittsburgh 4
        12/31/75 Montreal 3 Red Amy 3

01/04/76 Buffalo 12 Soviet Wings 6

01/07/76 Soviet Wings 4 Chicago 2
        01/08/76 Red Army 5 Boston 2
        1/10176 Soviet Wings 2 NY Islanders 1

Comment

• northernbillfan
          Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

GAme six, Dallas vs Edmonton. this past season. Ice level seats next to the penalty box.

The Oilers were eliminated taht night, but it was still great to be apart of one of teh loudest playoff crowds in the NHL
          When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Ð
            1-800-SAD-GOAT
            • Jul 2002

1990 Memorial Cup Final at Copps Colliseum, Hamilton

My beloved Oshawa Generals beat the Kitchener Rangers 4-3 in double OT, the longest game in Memorial Cup history (84 minutes, 16 seconds).

It was the last game as a junior for Captain Eric Lindros and Freddy Braithwaite for the Generals, and the last time Kitchener appeared in a cup final until this year, when they won with Sabres prospect Derek Roy as Captain.

For those who don't know, the Memorial Cup is Canada's National Junior Championship. Ted Nolan took his Sault Ste Marie Greyhounds to the Memorial Cup for the next three years, finally winning in 1993.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
              Legendary Zoner
              • Jul 2002

I was at that Soviet Wings game too. That may have been the most exciting French Connection game ever.... boy were they flying.

But I was also at the "fog game" in the SC finals where Rene Robert scored in OT for a Sabre win. Bernie Parent was the best goalie I've ever seen. In OT the play was in the Sabre end most of the time, Robert and Perreault broke out 2 on 1. Robert shot the puck right along the ice and Parent never saw it through the fog. Boy was he pissed.

Comment

• keepdasabesinbuffalo
                anyone seen my 50 mission cap?
                • Dec 2002

Last season's home game against the caps...

Why in the world would he say that you are asking yourself?

well 1st my girlfriend got us suite tickets from her company, so we are off to a great start, then halfway through the 1st period one of the hospitality girls comes into the suite and says there are two gentlemen that would like to watch the game with us if we don't mind..I look to the door and it is Bobby Hull and Marcel Dionne!!!!!!

I spent the rest of the game with one on each side of me talking about "old time hockey" and analyzing the players and their games. My girlfriend said I looked like a kid in a candy store!

Unreal, great guys! Took some great pictures and had them sign my jersey. Definetly the best game of my life!

if I knew how to post a pic from my hardrive I'd put up a pic from that game. Anybody know how?
                I play real hockey...on the ICE, with a white helmet!

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                  I was at that Soviet Wings game too. That may have been the most exciting French Connection game ever.... boy were they flying.

The game was carried on local TV...the Sabres just kept pouring it on...it was like an open practice the way the skated around the ice.

BTW, if they are going to bring back the old unis they need to bring back that lettering too...those were the best!

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• BironsGirl43
                    Can suck a golf-ball through a garden-hose.
                    • Oct 2002

8-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since I'm not as old as some of you.. one of the best games for me was that one.. definately unforgettable.. one of the best playoff games.. :girlsmil:
                    ~*Let's go Buffalo*~

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

The Home Opener for the Sabres in 1999. The Eastern Conference Championship banner was raised and we were all chanting No Goal!!!
                      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                      X