PDA

View Full Version : Ya know, on the subject of the Bills spending in FA

X-Era
08-12-2010, 09:54 PM
I have been a vocal critic of the Bills for being so far under the cap when it existed, then losing T.O. and Schobel and not re-investing that money in new talent.

But, the Panthers, who I'm watching in their preseason game, lost Julius Peppers and signed no one with the 16.6 mill they got back. Jaworski just made the point that Fox simply needs to move on and coach up who hes got, not every team spends top money. Fox went 20 and 12 in the last 2 seasons with the Panthers. If they can be competitive, why not us? They went 12 and 4 in the 08 season and 8 and 8 last season.

BertSquirtgum
08-12-2010, 10:12 PM
you'll shoot your eye out kid.

X-Era
08-13-2010, 06:02 AM
you'll shoot your eye out kid.

Huhh?

OpIv37
08-13-2010, 07:19 AM
I have been a vocal critic of the Bills for being so far under the cap when it existed, then losing T.O. and Schobel and not re-investing that money in new talent.

But, the Panthers, who I'm watching in their preseason game, lost Julius Peppers and signed no one with the 16.6 mill they got back. Jaworski just made the point that Fox simply needs to move on and coach up who hes got, not every team spends top money. Fox went 20 and 12 in the last 2 seasons with the Panthers. If they can be competitive, why not us? They went 12 and 4 in the 08 season and 8 and 8 last season.

They have more talent and better coaching than us. That's why.

X-Era
08-13-2010, 11:44 AM
They have more talent and better coaching than us. That's why.

I want to agree. But, isnt Gailey, potentially, a guy who can get the most out of whomever is on his roster? Isn't there a similarity there?

They, like us, have no QB and really havent for many years now.

They, like us, lost a pro-bowl caliper player (Peppers, Peters).

They, like us, have a multi-headed RB monster.

There WR's are all young outside of Smith who isn't what he used to be and isn't that much better than Evans at this point, IMO.

Their defense doesn't have any big names really, Beason may be the only guy, maybe Gamble. Our secondary is probably better than theirs.

DraftBoy
08-13-2010, 11:50 AM
I want to agree. But, isnt Gailey, potentially, a guy who can get the most out of whomever is on his roster? Isn't there a similarity there?

There WR's are all young outside of Smith who isn't what he used to be and isn't that much better than Evans at this point, IMO.

Their defense doesn't have any big names really, Beason may be the only guy, maybe Gamble. Our secondary is probably better than theirs.

They have Matt Moore, Id take him here in an instant.

X-Era
08-13-2010, 11:53 AM
They have Matt Moore, Id take him here in an instant.

I agree. Im simply saying he isnt a proven QB yet, he needs to show a full season. Hell, Trent went 4 and 0 at the start of the 08 season.

mightysimi
08-13-2010, 11:58 AM

Steve Smith doesn't have a wicked # 2 receiver but still manages to get open. I know part of it is the schemes fault but I would like Lee to get open more consistantly. Learn to beat the double team.