PDA

View Full Version : Wood vs. Maybin

AustinTransplant
08-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Who would win in a brawl?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v126/xballzx/Bills/woodvsmaybin.jpg

With all jokes aside, Wood seems like a great leader, a real fireball. Do you think a guy like him can get a JAcka$$ Maybin in line and bust his a$$.

We don't have many knuckleheads on our squad. Lets hope guys like Wood can keep it that way.

Can you tell im a big #70 fan.
as in Wood not Fina. ha

justasportsfan
08-13-2010, 12:09 PM
I would pick Maybin come to think of it once he celebrates after slightly landing a punch, thats when Wood will pound on him.

FlyingDutchman
08-13-2010, 12:33 PM
maybin looks like hed be a slapper

Demon
08-13-2010, 12:39 PM
Def Wood. Maybin is just a punk. Talks big but can't back it up. Wood is a straight out farm boy. You don't wanna mess with farm boys.

Saratoga Slim
08-13-2010, 01:04 PM
On a more serious note, I don't think it's fair to knock Maybin's effort. All reports that I've read indicate that he's working his ass off. Talent seems to be more the issue.

It is fair to laugh at his antics, though, given his utter lack of production.

Mahdi
08-13-2010, 01:18 PM
Man, some of you have some real issues with Maybin. I think he was a young kid coming in, had problems with weight and adjusting to the physicality of the NFL and really needed a year to develop technique and to simply grow.

The kid works hard from all accounts, in the gym and on the field and he has a ton of talent and natural physical abilities. He is far from being an a$$. He was picked as a high potential player, not a ready to play player and from what I can tell he has done everything asked of him.

People need to be more patient with him.

Beebe's Kid
08-13-2010, 01:27 PM
maybin looks like hed be a slapper

http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Aaron-Maybin.jpg

This may be...but I will bet that he would slap the silly **** out of you.

The guy has not done anything, other than not fulfill whatever expectation you had for his draft position to warrant the hate. I know he isn't Orakpo, and that you were probably a big proponent of drafting him, and on and on, but to call the dude a punk is a little harsh.

He is on our team, and he is a project. Smart pick? No, but he was the pick. He is active in the community, he is intelligent, he works hard. Maybe you cut him some slack?

Mahdi
08-13-2010, 02:07 PM
http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Aaron-Maybin.jpg

This may be...but I will bet that he would slap the silly **** out of you.

The guy has not done anything, other than not fulfill whatever expectation you had for his draft position to warrant the hate. I know he isn't Orakpo, and that you were probably a big proponent of drafting him, and on and on, but to call the dude a punk is a little harsh.

He is on our team, and he is a project. Smart pick? No, but he was the pick. He is active in the community, he is intelligent, he works hard. Maybe you cut him some slack?

That was taken before he was drafted though. He lost weight between April 09 and the start of the season 09 season. Apparently, he worked out this offseason though and gained it back.

AustinTransplant
08-13-2010, 02:33 PM
Hey, you got me wrong. I would love more than anything for this kid to straighten up and tear up the league. I understand that not every rookie comes in and has a year like Byrd or Orackpo. I am sure he didn't have the best opportunity with "Meatstick" Jauron calling the shots. But when the only news I hear about the guy is cheapshotin' teammates and having nude pics of yourself with strippers in PR released on the net, Your not very high on my list for high character. A team and city like this, need Character guys.

"Farm boy" Wood sees that! until I hear something about him doing some low moral crap, I am going to be in his corner and hope he can inspire the rest of the team. Im not at the practices, but everything I hear about the team, I think he might be the best and only leader. Sad it comes from a 2nd year guy.

JCBills
08-13-2010, 04:57 PM
Wood kills people just to watch them die.

tampabay25690
08-13-2010, 05:16 PM
Maybin.............

djjimkelly
08-13-2010, 05:43 PM
i know maybin hasnt lived up to expectations

but give it up

maybin is a specimen and would ***** slap wood in a real fight

The last buffalo fan
08-13-2010, 05:55 PM
The guy on the blue jersey look more like Mark Kelso to me!

AustinTransplant
08-16-2010, 03:22 PM
WOOD WINS!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v126/xballzx/Bills/wood-wins.jpg

I have way too much time on my hands!!!