PDA

View Full Version : Showcasing Marshawn for SF

Akhippo
08-13-2010, 03:10 PM
Since Coffee retired SF might need a solid 2. Especially with how wide open their division is this year.

This seems like the perfect opportunity to jettison Lynch. All the "we need him" arguments aside.

Should we showcase Lynch tonight. Tell him this is his audition out of town. Then get on the phone with SF and ask for a 2nd or 3rd.

I like having Lynch, but the cards and situation is stacking against him.

I say motivate him tonight and run him often.

wmoz11
08-13-2010, 03:11 PM
Thought about that, but they're probably better not giving up an asset and just signing Westbrook.

Plus, a draft pick doesn't help us this year. Obviously you do it for a 1st or 2nd.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-13-2010, 03:12 PM
i dont want to trade him, he is our short yardage back/power back

SquishDaFish
08-13-2010, 03:14 PM
Not going to happen. Lynch isnt going anywhere

AustinTransplant
08-13-2010, 03:16 PM
Fully agreed! Coffee is leaving football for Priesthood, perfect time for SF to bring some more grit to the team with Lynch. Home town kid from the bay area. What an amazing backfield with Gore and Lynch if that ever happens. SF and the Bills would be stupid not to look this over.

G Wolly
08-13-2010, 03:16 PM
Not going to happen. Lynch isnt going anywhere

Unfortunately that's most likely correct.

psubills62
08-13-2010, 03:17 PM
Coffee wasn't a very good RB anyway. It depends on how desperate San Fran is. If they don't feel Dixon is coming along fast enough, they may offer a pick, but I doubt they'd give up too much. Gore will almost certainly get a ton of touches, and they could pick up a satisfactory #2 when it comes time for roster cuts.

ddaryl
08-13-2010, 03:19 PM
I'm all for it.... If we can get a 2nd rd pick then do it... We need to continue our rebuilding and picks will help that.

Lynch IMO is one offseason from a major suspension. I just don't think this guy can stay out of trouble... and what use is a suspended player...

If Lynch would have showed up to the OTA's this offseason I would have a slightly different opinion. BUT the fact that he didn't even after his troubles, it tells me he doesn't beleive he has done anything wrong and therefore hasn't learned a lesson yet.

streetkings01
08-13-2010, 03:21 PM
D. Rhodes is still out there.........why give up a pick for Lynch?

AustinTransplant
08-13-2010, 03:23 PM
Thought about that, but they're probably better not giving up an asset and just signing Westbrook.

Plus, a draft pick doesn't help us this year. Obviously you do it for a 1st or 2nd.

Draft pick helps us out huge. Lets face it, we do not need any help this year. We are 500 at best, lets get something for Lynch wile we can. If we could get a 2nd round pick, we have more picks to work with to get a QB and LT in the draft next year. Its about the future now!

Akhippo
08-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Im in the camp that this year we will go through the motions, get better, and make the push next year with a new QB and LT.

SF has a golden opportunity THIS year with Seattle down and AZ without Warner to snatch the division and hit the playoffs. They have to rely on the running game with their QB a question mark. Gore is a bruiser who will most likely miss time. Do you depend on a rookie to get you to the playoffs. What is a playoff spot worth to you.

I actually like our rookies. Jackson, Spiller, and Bell.

I dont like to be the knee jerk, but this seems like a perfect situation to satisfy both teams this year.

Luisito23
08-13-2010, 03:42 PM
Getting a 2nd. for him is never going to happen, so might as well keep him for insurance. Who knows maybe he'll have a decent year, and we can get more in the off-season.

wmoz11
08-13-2010, 03:45 PM
Draft pick helps us out huge. Lets face it, we do not need any help this year. We are 500 at best, lets get something for Lynch wile we can. If we could get a 2nd round pick, we have more picks to work with to get a QB and LT in the draft next year. Its about the future now!

I already said I'd do it for a second... just nothing below that, and I doubt any team is giving that for him when Westbrook and other (cuts) are out there for free.

more cowbell
08-13-2010, 03:48 PM
Glen Coffee retired? lol he's like 23...must be nice

AustinTransplant
08-13-2010, 03:49 PM
I already said I'd do it for a second... just nothing below that, and I doubt any team is giving that for him when Westbrook and other (cuts) are out there for free.

Yeah I know what you meant. Ya never know, Westbrook has some age and no one will be on the market as good as Marshawn.

Akhippo
08-13-2010, 03:50 PM
If your a power running team, do you really want Westbrook? If you really wanted to solidify your backfield before the season would you bring in a camp CUT?

If your Buffalo do your really want to put Lynch on the market with another influx of rookie talent? Or a lockout and two rookie classes.

Ask for a second, get a third, lets move on.

twintowers913
08-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Lynch back in the Bay area would only be trouble for the 49ers. I don't see them doing this.

Akhippo
08-13-2010, 04:00 PM
Or it can motivate him. And I dont think Singletary would tolerate it. Look at Vernon Davis.

Commissioner
08-13-2010, 04:10 PM
People who are looking to trade Lynch are nuts.

Marshawn Lynch is a talent and only makes our team better.

Lynch stays.

tampabay25690
08-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Coffee wasn't a very good RB anyway. It depends on how desperate San Fran is. If they don't feel Dixon is coming along fast enough, they may offer a pick, but I doubt they'd give up too much. Gore will almost certainly get a ton of touches, and they could pick up a satisfactory #2 when it comes time for roster cuts.

How do u know if Coffee was a good back or not.
Had a solid preseason then the ball pretty much went to GORe then Coffee got hurt...
It was his 1st year....

AustinTransplant
08-13-2010, 04:58 PM
People who are looking to trade Lynch are nuts.

Marshawn Lynch is a talent and only makes our team better.

Lynch stays.

He is not our future. I love him as a RB, he is nasty and a great RB. But we have 2 guys that are equal and if not better. Solid Character guys. How much better do you have to be at the RB position? Its like having 3 proven QBs on your team, your just wasting talent and an opportunity to better your team for the future.

Prov401
08-13-2010, 05:10 PM
Everybody needs to realize that a dedicated, in shape Marshawn Lynch IS the best running back on the Buffalo Bills. And he has looked that way all throughout camp. He is under contract, and will be playing for us. This is the 67th thread about Lynch possibly being moved, and it's getting sickening.

Mahdi
08-13-2010, 05:26 PM
As much as I like Jackson, I would trade him before I trade Lynch. Lynch is young and has a ton of upside. Having 2 RBs in their early 20's who compliment each other perfectly makes too much sense.

Plus we have Bell who looks like another gem.

psubills62
08-13-2010, 05:47 PM
How do u know if Coffee was a good back or not.
Had a solid preseason then the ball pretty much went to GORe then Coffee got hurt...
It was his 1st year....

http://www.nfl.com/players/glencoffee/profile?id=COF308205

2.7 YPA...first year or not, that's terrible for a guy who had a couple chances to start. Never broke 75 yards in a game, despite getting 49 carries in two games. Lynch is easily more talented than Coffee.

Mr. Pink
08-13-2010, 06:01 PM
Frank Gore will get 250 carries, why would the 49ers trade anything of value to get a backup who will only see a lot of carries if and when Gore takes a couple games off due to injury?

Coffee didn't play well and they stuck with him last year, there's waiver wire backs who can do just as well as him, if not a little better.

Hogwasher
08-13-2010, 11:33 PM
The problem is that Lynch is paid for.

Beebe's Kid
08-13-2010, 11:42 PM
Let's look at the facts...

Lynch is 23, and obviously on the downside. Everybody knows he is going to get suspended, because the suspension rate for people that have ever had trouble, is 100%.

I love the logic..."We should hope he has a great year so we can trade him." That is absolutely correct!! We should trade players in their mid twenties that have good years with exception.

I know there is an axe to grind, but Jesus Christ. The guy makes the team better. Also, he has been accused of several bull**** offenses, all proven false, and suspended for law subsequently found unconstitutional, but he remains guilty...

One other minor detail is the trading partner...not that all of the world's best GM's are buried on message boards with their talents being squandered, but all of the deals that keep getting drawn up here are awesome!!! The only problem is having another team that wants to part with a talented LT or high draft pick for Lynch.

I would love to hear the sell job on Marshawn, after reading how people feel about him... With such strong convictions how would you pitch the trade to another team?