X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Akhippo
    • Nov 2002

Showcasing Marshawn for SF

Since Coffee retired SF might need a solid 2. Especially with how wide open their division is this year.

This seems like the perfect opportunity to jettison Lynch. All the "we need him" arguments aside.

Should we showcase Lynch tonight. Tell him this is his audition out of town. Then get on the phone with SF and ask for a 2nd or 3rd.

I like having Lynch, but the cards and situation is stacking against him.

I say motivate him tonight and run him often.
    Buy land in AK now. In ten years due to global warming, it will be the new tropical paradise, minus the tropics
  • wmoz11
    • Sep 2008

Re: Showcasing Marshawn for SF

Thought about that, but they're probably better not giving up an asset and just signing Westbrook.

Plus, a draft pick doesn't help us this year. Obviously you do it for a 1st or 2nd.
    Last edited by wmoz11; 08-13-2010, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Jan 2010

i dont want to trade him, he is our short yardage back/power back

Comment

• SquishDaFish
        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
        • Jun 2005

Not going to happen. Lynch isnt going anywhere

Comment

• AustinTransplant
          • Aug 2010

Fully agreed! Coffee is leaving football for Priesthood, perfect time for SF to bring some more grit to the team with Lynch. Home town kid from the bay area. What an amazing backfield with Gore and Lynch if that ever happens. SF and the Bills would be stupid not to look this over.

Action Jackson in the House!

Comment

• G Wolly
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by BEASTMODE
            Not going to happen. Lynch isnt going anywhere
            Unfortunately that's most likely correct.

Comment

• psubills62
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2008

Coffee wasn't a very good RB anyway. It depends on how desperate San Fran is. If they don't feel Dixon is coming along fast enough, they may offer a pick, but I doubt they'd give up too much. Gore will almost certainly get a ton of touches, and they could pick up a satisfactory #2 when it comes time for roster cuts.
              "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• ddaryl
                Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                • Jan 2005

I'm all for it.... If we can get a 2nd rd pick then do it... We need to continue our rebuilding and picks will help that.

Lynch IMO is one offseason from a major suspension. I just don't think this guy can stay out of trouble... and what use is a suspended player...

If Lynch would have showed up to the OTA's this offseason I would have a slightly different opinion. BUT the fact that he didn't even after his troubles, it tells me he doesn't beleive he has done anything wrong and therefore hasn't learned a lesson yet.

Comment

• streetkings01
                  • Jul 2006

D. Rhodes is still out there.........why give up a pick for Lynch?
                  You can call me streetkings

Comment

• AustinTransplant
                    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by wmoz11
                    Thought about that, but they're probably better not giving up an asset and just signing Westbrook.

Plus, a draft pick doesn't help us this year. Obviously you do it for a 1st or 2nd.
                    Draft pick helps us out huge. Lets face it, we do not need any help this year. We are 500 at best, lets get something for Lynch wile we can. If we could get a 2nd round pick, we have more picks to work with to get a QB and LT in the draft next year. Its about the future now!

Comment

• Akhippo
                      • Nov 2002

Im in the camp that this year we will go through the motions, get better, and make the push next year with a new QB and LT.

SF has a golden opportunity THIS year with Seattle down and AZ without Warner to snatch the division and hit the playoffs. They have to rely on the running game with their QB a question mark. Gore is a bruiser who will most likely miss time. Do you depend on a rookie to get you to the playoffs. What is a playoff spot worth to you.

I actually like our rookies. Jackson, Spiller, and Bell.

I dont like to be the knee jerk, but this seems like a perfect situation to satisfy both teams this year.
                      Buy land in AK now. In ten years due to global warming, it will be the new tropical paradise, minus the tropics

Comment

• Luisito23
                        Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                        • Apr 2003

Getting a 2nd. for him is never going to happen, so might as well keep him for insurance. Who knows maybe he'll have a decent year, and we can get more in the off-season.
                        "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                        ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                        ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                        ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• wmoz11
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by AustinTransplant
                          Draft pick helps us out huge. Lets face it, we do not need any help this year. We are 500 at best, lets get something for Lynch wile we can. If we could get a 2nd round pick, we have more picks to work with to get a QB and LT in the draft next year. Its about the future now!
                          I already said I'd do it for a second... just nothing below that, and I doubt any team is giving that for him when Westbrook and other (cuts) are out there for free.

Comment

• more cowbell
                            • Apr 2006

Glen Coffee retired? lol he's like 23...must be nice
                            The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• AustinTransplant
                              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by wmoz11
                              I already said I'd do it for a second... just nothing below that, and I doubt any team is giving that for him when Westbrook and other (cuts) are out there for free.
                              Yeah I know what you meant. Ya never know, Westbrook has some age and no one will be on the market as good as Marshawn.

Comment

Working...
                              X