PDA

View Full Version : ty warren out for year

djjimkelly
08-13-2010, 05:41 PM
sorry bout your luck patsies

Buffalogic
08-13-2010, 05:42 PM
Bummer for him, but good news for our running game. The pats are in trouble he's a major contributor on that line, he replaced Seymour last year and did it well. Bellichick is left questioning I'm sure.

psubills62
08-13-2010, 05:49 PM
They've got a lot of young DL, including Brace, Pryor, Deaderick, and a vet like Gerard Warren. You'd think one of those guys could step up, but it doesn't sound like it. This is a big loss for the Patriots.

Mr. Pink
08-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Not that big of a loss to them in my opinion...

Ty Warren was never the focal point of that line anyways...they'll plug in someone to play next to Wilfork or a rotation of Myron Pryor and Damione Lewis.

Gerard Warren was already going to start on the other End in all likelihood.

The last buffalo fan
08-13-2010, 05:59 PM
Bad news for the Bills, because now we will have an big asterisk on the win against them as they won't have a complete team. :ill:

psubills62
08-13-2010, 06:01 PM

Ty Warren was never the focal point of that line anyways...they'll plug in someone to play next to Wilfork or a rotation of Myron Pryor and Damione Lewis.

Actually, it is a big loss. Whoever they use to replace him is a huge drop in talent. Just because they have guys to plug in doesn't mean they'll be any good. Warren was an underrated contributor for them.

Mr. Pink
08-13-2010, 06:03 PM
Actually, it is a big loss. Whoever they use to replace him is a huge drop in talent. Just because they have guys to plug in doesn't mean they'll be any good. Warren was an underrated contributor for them.

And Damione Lewis was an underrated contributor for the Rams at one time.

Ty wasn't a dominant force on the line, that's easy to replace.

And having a dominant force next to you on the line helps immensely.

psubills62
08-13-2010, 06:14 PM
And Damione Lewis was an underrated contributor for the Rams at one time.

Ty wasn't a dominant force on the line, that's easy to replace.

And having a dominant force next to you on the line helps immensely.
He was enough of a force that a combination of Lewis/Pryor and a guy who has never played in the 3-4 (Gerard Warren) can't necessarily replace. Like I said, it's a big drop in talent.

Mr. Pink
08-13-2010, 06:18 PM
He was enough of a force that a combination of Lewis/Pryor and a guy who has never played in the 3-4 (Gerard Warren) can't necessarily replace. Like I said, it's a big drop in talent.

Warren played in the 3-4 when he came into the NFL with Cleveland.

Mahdi
08-13-2010, 06:22 PM

Not a big loss?? How do you figure? Warren is one of the best 3-4 DL in the league. If it wasn't for Seymour he would have went to a couple of PBs himself. Ty Warren is their second best run stopper and a good pass rusher too.

The other problem is Ron Brace and Wright have not shown that they are ready to be major contributors. Wright struggled a bit last year when Seymour was traded and Brace has been a disappointment so far.

Gerard Warren is just a plug in that will be a solid contributor but nothing like Ty.

Belicheck is definitely worried about this. Pats DL used to have 3 of the best in the league now it's just Wilfork and 2 question marks.

Mahdi
08-13-2010, 06:23 PM
Warren played in the 3-4 when he came into the NFL with Cleveland.
And then he was cut.

Mr. Pink
08-13-2010, 06:29 PM
And then he was cut.

Actually he was traded to Denver for a 4th round pick.

Mahdi
08-13-2010, 06:43 PM
Actually he was traded to Denver for a 4th round pick.
Yeah a 4th. Then he was cut.

better days
08-13-2010, 06:44 PM
They've got a lot of young DL, including Brace, Pryor, Deaderick, and a vet like Gerard Warren. You'd think one of those guys could step up, but it doesn't sound like it. This is a big loss for the Patriots.

Yeah, they have a bunch of young guys, but they are all mediocre. I'm telling you guys when Pioli left, the Pats* draft went south, the way the Bills did when Polian left the Bills. They are a team on the decline like the post Super Bowl Bills.

Mr. Pink
08-13-2010, 06:50 PM
Yeah a 4th. Then he was cut.

No then he was traded to the Raiders.

Mahdi
08-13-2010, 11:07 PM
No then he was traded to the Raiders.
Ok fine, point is he was never valued enough to keep and Ty Warren, no matter what, will be a big loss.