PDA

View Full Version : The problem with the pre-season...

MikeInRoch
08-13-2010, 07:36 PM
If the team does crappy, the critics will say "See, we suck!". The slurpers will say "It's just pre-season."

If the team does well, the critics will say "It's just pre-season." The slurpers will say "See, we are good!"

When really, there's no way to tell where the truth lies.

BillsWin
08-13-2010, 07:38 PM
Im now just waiting to see Brohm and Brown.

Mindbender
08-13-2010, 07:39 PM
Im now just waiting to see Brohm and Brown.

Brohm not playing tonight.

BertSquirtgum
08-13-2010, 07:45 PM

very stupid. they should have gave each a quarter.

BillsWin
08-13-2010, 07:49 PM
Thats ridiculous.

Michael82
08-13-2010, 07:50 PM

Hopefully he'll get a lot of time next week.

THATHURMANATOR
08-13-2010, 07:51 PM
That's not what they said. They said fits is playing second

Ingtar33
08-13-2010, 08:05 PM
If the team does crappy, the critics will say "See, we suck!". The slurpers will say "It's just pre-season."

If the team does well, the critics will say "It's just pre-season." The slurpers will say "See, we are good!"

you can find some truth in the preseason. I told you all last year in the preseason that we had one of the worst run stoping defenses i've ever seen...

and that we'd go 5-11

i also said the jets had one of the best o-line and defenses in the league and that they'd be good if sanchez didnt' kill them.

truth can be found in the preseason.

What i'm seeing right now from the bills is revolting. I'll reserve final judgement for after psg3, but right now i'm leaning toward 4-12... if everything goes our way.

Philagape
08-13-2010, 08:06 PM

Like I said recently, it is true that playing poorly is more telling than playing well.
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=3285210&postcount=27

And it is so unreasonable to not give the Bills the benefit of the doubt? This is the Buffalo Bills, right?

Philagape
08-13-2010, 08:09 PM
I will say this about the Bills ....

They look in midseason form!!!

Mindbender
08-13-2010, 08:26 PM
That's not what they said. They said fits is playing second

?

So Brohm is not expected to play tonight, but in the next preseason game against Indy, the plan is to have Brohm come in and play after Trent Edwards and Ryan Fitzpatrick will not play.

from bb.com

jmb1099
08-13-2010, 10:03 PM
There is no doubt after watching that game that we are in serious trouble this year.

Ingtar33
08-14-2010, 12:23 AM
listen, it's possible to pull truth out of the preseason. you just have to ignore score.

you watch positioning... one on one battles, and general cohesion. these things don't really change all that much.

Sure, some vets basically play safe, but you still see them in the right position, and often they'll still win their one on one battles.

That's what i watch for when i watch preseason. What i saw today was horrendous... this was worse then the Cleveland game last year. The team is disjointed, hesitant and confused. Throw in a general lack of athleticism, and you have the perfect storm of crap.

This team will not do better then 7 wins this year under any circumstance. It will be lucky if it matches last seasons 6 wins... and probably... or might do worse. I'm going to watch them closely over the next few games, but i don't expect to change this opinion this much.

Nighthawk
08-14-2010, 12:25 AM

Good post...preseason is just that...preseason. It's just a time where evaluations are done on a ton of young guys. The only thing that bothers me is when veterans look like crap...i.e. Trent Edward and Fitz....we are hurting bad at the QB position.

Mr. Pink
08-14-2010, 01:05 AM
Good post...preseason is just that...preseason. It's just a time where evaluations are done on a ton of young guys. The only thing that bothers me is when veterans look like crap...i.e. Trent Edward and Fitz....we are hurting bad at the QB position.

And the o-line, and the WRs, and the DLine, and the secondary which looks like crap now because we got zero pressure.