X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeInRoch
    • Sep 2003

The problem with the pre-season...

If the team does crappy, the critics will say "See, we suck!". The slurpers will say "It's just pre-season."

If the team does well, the critics will say "It's just pre-season." The slurpers will say "See, we are good!"

When really, there's no way to tell where the truth lies.
    "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Re: The problem with the pre-season...

Im now just waiting to see Brohm and Brown.
    I am The Batman.

Comment

• Mindbender
      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by BillsWin
      Im now just waiting to see Brohm and Brown.
      Brohm not playing tonight.
      "Talk is cheap, we all know that. It's like I've always said, don't tell me about the labor pains, just show me the baby. That's what we've got to do. We've got to show you the baby, and the baby is winning." ~Buddy Nix

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
        Legendary Zoner
        • May 2009

Originally posted by Mindbender
        very stupid. they should have gave each a quarter.

Comment

• BillsWin
          man amongst boys
          • Oct 2008

Thats ridiculous.
          I am The Batman.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Hopefully he'll get a lot of time next week.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

That's not what they said. They said fits is playing second

Comment

• Ingtar33
                Dances With Buffaloes
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MikeInRoch
                If the team does crappy, the critics will say "See, we suck!". The slurpers will say "It's just pre-season."

If the team does well, the critics will say "It's just pre-season." The slurpers will say "See, we are good!"

you can find some truth in the preseason. I told you all last year in the preseason that we had one of the worst run stoping defenses i've ever seen...

and that we'd go 5-11

i also said the jets had one of the best o-line and defenses in the league and that they'd be good if sanchez didnt' kill them.

truth can be found in the preseason.

What i'm seeing right now from the bills is revolting. I'll reserve final judgement for after psg3, but right now i'm leaning toward 4-12... if everything goes our way.
                My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

Like I said recently, it is true that playing poorly is more telling than playing well.
                  the super bowl bills never won in pre-season. So don't worry if the first team offense doesn't get a first down. Relax. The Bills will still make the playoffs. I DO NOT WANT TO READ ANYTHING ***** LIKE THIS IN THE UPCOMING WEEKS.

And it is so unreasonable to not give the Bills the benefit of the doubt? This is the Buffalo Bills, right?
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Philagape
                    WIN NOW
                    • Jul 2002

I will say this about the Bills ....

They look in midseason form!!!
                    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Mindbender
                      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                      That's not what they said. They said fits is playing second
                      ?

So Brohm is not expected to play tonight, but in the next preseason game against Indy, the plan is to have Brohm come in and play after Trent Edwards and Ryan Fitzpatrick will not play.
                      from bb.com
                      "Talk is cheap, we all know that. It's like I've always said, don't tell me about the labor pains, just show me the baby. That's what we've got to do. We've got to show you the baby, and the baby is winning." ~Buddy Nix

Comment

• jmb1099
                        • Sep 2004

There is no doubt after watching that game that we are in serious trouble this year.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                          Dances With Buffaloes
                          • Sep 2002

listen, it's possible to pull truth out of the preseason. you just have to ignore score.

you watch positioning... one on one battles, and general cohesion. these things don't really change all that much.

Sure, some vets basically play safe, but you still see them in the right position, and often they'll still win their one on one battles.

That's what i watch for when i watch preseason. What i saw today was horrendous... this was worse then the Cleveland game last year. The team is disjointed, hesitant and confused. Throw in a general lack of athleticism, and you have the perfect storm of crap.

This team will not do better then 7 wins this year under any circumstance. It will be lucky if it matches last seasons 6 wins... and probably... or might do worse. I'm going to watch them closely over the next few games, but i don't expect to change this opinion this much.
                          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Nighthawk
                            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                            • Jul 2002

Good post...preseason is just that...preseason. It's just a time where evaluations are done on a ton of young guys. The only thing that bothers me is when veterans look like crap...i.e. Trent Edward and Fitz....we are hurting bad at the QB position.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                              Good post...preseason is just that...preseason. It's just a time where evaluations are done on a ton of young guys. The only thing that bothers me is when veterans look like crap...i.e. Trent Edward and Fitz....we are hurting bad at the QB position.
                              And the o-line, and the WRs, and the DLine, and the secondary which looks like crap now because we got zero pressure.

Comment

Working...
                              X