PDA

View Full Version : maybin's a bust

malo
08-13-2010, 08:17 PM
Didn't sniff the field last year. Getting thrown around like a ragdoll today. Bust

X-Era
08-13-2010, 08:19 PM
Didn't sniff the field last year. Getting thrown around like a ragdoll today. Bust

I feel like he needs to gain about 15 pounds in upper body strength or gain serious spin moves or he wont do much of anything.

kelly2reed4six
08-13-2010, 08:29 PM
Amen brother....the dude looks like a pussy out there

BillsWin
08-13-2010, 09:28 PM
He only has one pass rush move. Speed rush.

If he wants to improve he needs to learn some counter moves.

He got some good rushes in tonight, but more often than not he was pushed up field. Thats what happens when the offensive tackle KNOWS youre going to speed rush. He takes you up field.

muestafa1
08-13-2010, 09:59 PM

Not sure what game you watched today! The guy was a beast... roughing the passer, running over his own players... What more can you expect from him? (production?)

more cowbell
08-13-2010, 10:16 PM
he made one good play tonight............................and about 30 poor ones

Beebe's Kid
08-13-2010, 10:47 PM
Yep, he's done. If he didn't get it by 22, he never will. Dude looked like he was playing his ass off tonight... he may have not set any records but if you aren't making mistakes, you aren't trying.

I wonder how good he would be sitting as his computer judging people doing things that he couldn't dream about doing? Besides by the time you are 22, you'll take his job...

Mahdi
08-13-2010, 10:48 PM
Yep. He looked raw. Very raw.

Buffalogic
08-13-2010, 11:02 PM
He's a bust guys, wrap it up and move on. It's true, really.

I never thought possible, but he's worse than eric flowers.

And while we're stuck with this scrub, Orakpo and Oher were drafted after him. Dick J was challenged when it came to first round talent evaluation. He definitely got better as the draft went on though.

X-Era
08-13-2010, 11:08 PM
Yep, he's done. If he didn't get it by 22, he never will. Dude looked like he was playing his ass off tonight... he may have not set any records but if you aren't making mistakes, you aren't trying.

I wonder how good he would be sitting as his computer judging people doing things that he couldn't dream about doing? Besides by the time you are 22, you'll take his job...

He's a 1st round pick, signed a huge contract that he held out for for almost all of training camp, and he couldn't consistently beat 3rd stringers tonight. Orakpo, drafted after him, had 11 sacks last year on this same Skins team that ended up with a worse record than ours last year.

I'm not saying we should cut him. But, I would have expected him to make some plays against the 2nd stringers at least.

Extremebillsfan247
08-13-2010, 11:24 PM
Maybin got smacked around out there tonight but he was also in the Washington backfield a lot. That tells me he still has work to do but has upside. A bust has no upside. This is his first full training camp, His first time in the NFL with a some what competent head coach, and he is finally learning how to play defense at the pro level. If he needs to have 11 sacks his rookie season to not be labeled a bust, then you can put over half the defensive rookies from last year on that list. With that kind of thinking, no matter what he does as a pro, it wont ever be good enough to satisfy some fan who is quick to label players busts simply because they don't have an all pro rookie season. JMO...

Buffalogic
08-13-2010, 11:24 PM
Unfortunately X-era he will never make plays. It's easier to just accept it and move on rather than hold out hope that this guy is going to become something that he isn't. And that something is a good NFL player. Maybin is a bust. B. U. S. T. BUST!

Yeah Maybins in the backfield, 20 miles away from the qb, but he's in the backfield. He sure as hell isn't playing contain the edge.

TacklingDummy
08-14-2010, 06:19 AM
I feel like he needs to gain about 15 pounds in upper body strength or gain serious spin moves or he wont do much of anything.
He can gain all the weight and add all the muscle in the world, it still won't stop him from being a bust.

TacklingDummy
08-14-2010, 06:20 AM
I never thought possible, but he's worse than eric flowers.

When you take in consideration all the good players who were drafted after Maybin, I'd have to agree.

Luisito23
08-14-2010, 06:26 AM
I have no faith, or confidence that he'll get better...:negrep:

Mahdi
08-14-2010, 06:33 AM
I have no faith, or confidence that he'll get better...:negrep:
He really just needs to learn to mix it up a bit more and work on his counter moves. One of his first rushes of the day was a bull rush and it was pretty effective. After that he relied to much on his speed. As the game went on though he varied his rushes a bit more and got some pressure.

Once he learns more inside pass rush moves he can be effective.

Hogwasher
08-14-2010, 10:40 AM
I stood about ten yards away from Maybin at the Bills practice in Orchard park. He is all of six four at least, and 225 lbs. That isnt even a big safety. He has narrow hips and shoulders, and he seems to pack a lot of muscle on a very small frame. Terrel Owens is a bigger man than Aaron Maybin.

It isnt fair to send this guy against a left tackle all day and expect results. His speed should be used in space, and for the occasional blitz.

acehole
08-14-2010, 10:42 AM
i HAVE to say I disagree.

He is a bust as an every down player but not as a third down guy.

He will make plays.

He might be luxury pick.

But you won't be saying that when you see tom brady have his hissy fit when they go 3 and out because maybin is in his face.

Novacane
08-14-2010, 11:52 AM

You'll be making the same excuses for him 3 years from now. The guy has shown NOTHING!! 22 or not he should show a flash now and then that he was deserving of being a high pick. He has shown nothing. He's going to be another bust. I don't have any doubt about it.

Mad Max
08-14-2010, 01:30 PM
I never thought possible, but he's worse than eric flowers....

That thought sent a chill up my spine.

He's not YET worse than the flowerchild, but the clock is ticking.

Jan Reimers
08-14-2010, 01:33 PM
The guy just isn't strong enough to play linebacker.

Mr. Miyagi
08-14-2010, 01:39 PM
he made one good play tonight............................and about 30 poor ones
Then he pointed at the sky and declared that he's the m-fing man.

Trade him for a bag of Doritos now.

Jan Reimers
08-14-2010, 03:18 PM
I did see him use a pretty good spin move sometime late in the game.

SABURZFAN
08-15-2010, 02:40 AM
i HAVE to say I disagree.

He is a bust as an every down player but not as a third down guy.

He will make plays.

He might be luxury pick.

But you won't be saying that when you see tom brady have his hissy fit when they go 3 and out because maybin is in his face.

WOW!!!!!!!!!! you REALLY don't know **** about football, do you? are you going to start making excuses for him too? :rolleyes: