PDA

View Full Version : And We passed on Clausen WHY????

tampabay25690
08-13-2010, 08:45 PM
OK I know its the first game but why in GODS name did we pass on JIMMY CLAUSEN????

I want to hear what you guys think????

He would look real good right now on this team.....

Michael82
08-13-2010, 08:49 PM
Why did we pass on all of the QBs? The guys we have now are bums! :mad:

I wanted Colt McCoy! :sigh:

Michael82
08-13-2010, 08:50 PM
Hell, I would have been fine giving up a 4th or 5th round pick for Jason Campbell.

tampabay25690
08-13-2010, 08:51 PM
Hell, I would have been fine giving up a 4th or 5th round pick for Jason Campbell.

100%% agree that was a steal for OAKLAND

BertSquirtgum
08-13-2010, 09:00 PM
i must admit. i didn't want clausen but i was stunned when they didn't draft mccoy in the third.

Dr. Lecter
08-13-2010, 09:23 PM
Because those guys are not the answer and this team is several players away.

And next year's crop of QBs (Luck, Mallet, Locker, Ponder) are all better than Clausen.

tampabay25690
08-13-2010, 09:28 PM
Because those guys are not the answer and this team is several players away.

And next year's crop of QBs (Luck, Mallet, Locker, Ponder) are all better than Clausen.

OK you know that why?
You read to many media guides.....
Those are all guys that are rated high as College QB'S

Dr. Lecter
08-13-2010, 09:39 PM
OK you know that why?
You read to many media guides.....
Those are all guys that are rated high as College QB'S
I am a FSU fan. I have seen many Ponder games. The kid is a NFL type of QB.

Don't you wonder why Clausen fell like he did?

Michael82
08-13-2010, 09:40 PM

when's the last time an FSU QB has done anything in the NFL? :ill:

tampabay25690
08-13-2010, 09:41 PM

I have seen Ponder play many times.....
He has the hype like SNEAD had last year......
We will see this year what he does.......

I wasnt a Clausen fan either....
Why did TOM BRADY go late????????

tampabay25690
08-13-2010, 09:41 PM

You can't go by the college Mikey..........

X-Era
08-13-2010, 09:43 PM
:clap: thank you.

That said, whens the other (Kelly) time a Miami QB was a stud in the NFL? or Florida for that matter.

tampabay25690
08-13-2010, 09:44 PM
:clap: thank you.

That said, whens the other (Kelly) time a Miami QB was a stud in the NFL? or Florida for that matter.

Im not on the PONDER wagon at all...
Actually I guarantee he doesnt win the HEISMAN....

Michael82
08-13-2010, 09:45 PM
This is from Walter Football....

http://walterfootball.com/college/FloridaState_logo.gif Christian Ponder, QB, Florida State
Height: 6-3. Weight: 220.
Projected 40 Time: 4.72.
Projected Round (2011): Top 25 Pick.
3/29/10: Christian Ponder finished the year with 2,718 yards, 14 touchdowns and seven interceptions on a YPA of 8.2 and impressive 68.8 completion percentage.

11/7/09: A slightly better version of Tony Pike; his arm strength isn't very good, but he's a smart and accurate quarterback.

Michael82
08-13-2010, 09:46 PM
http://walterfootball.com/college/Arkansas_logo.gif Ryan Mallett*, QB, Arkansas - Scouting Report (http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2011rmallett.php)
Height: 6-7. Weight: 238.
Projected 40 Time: 5.05.
Projected Round (2011): Top 15 Pick.
3/29/10: At 6-7 with a massive arm, Ryan Mallett looks like a franchise quarterback. His 2009 numbers (3,624 yards, 30 TDs, 7 INTs, 9.0 YPA) will tell you that as well. He's a bit raw and needs to work on decision-making, but he could easily leapfrog Jake Locker on this list next year.

psubills62
08-13-2010, 09:46 PM
Clausen might have been a slight upgrade (yes, slight, he hasn't done jack squat in a regular season game yet) in the short term, but how good would he be in the long term? No one really knows, and there have been a lot of concerns about his upside echoed by people who know what they're talking about.

Right now, there seems to be the possibility of much better prospects next year. Gailey and co. also said they didn't like this crop of QB's. Considering they were switching from a Tampa 2 to the 3-4, they desperately needed guys who fit that D, and got them in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Would you rather they not have drafted Troup?

Michael82
08-13-2010, 09:47 PM
http://walterfootball.com/college/Stanford_logo.gif Andrew Luck**, QB, Stanford
Height: 6-4. Weight: 235.
Projected 40 Time: 4.80.
Projected Round (2011): Top 5 Pick.
3/29/10: A redshirt sophomore in 2009, Andrew Luck will be eligible for the 2011 NFL Draft. He was very impressive as a first-year starter, compiling 2,575 yards, 13 touchdowns and four picks on an 8.9 YPA and a 56.3 completion percentage.

Dr. Lecter
I have seen Ponder play many times.....
He has the hype like SNEAD had last year......
We will see this year what he does.......

I wasnt a Clausen fan either....
Why did TOM BRADY go late????????
Ahh the Tom Brady the exception proves the rule.

tampabay25690
LUCK is the guy I want most...Or Locker

Michael82
08-13-2010, 09:48 PM
http://walterfootball.com/college/Washington_logo.gif Jake Locker, QB, Washington - Scouting Report (http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010jlocker.php)
Height: 6-3. Weight: 223.
Projected 40 Time: 4.59.
Projected Round (2011): Top 5 Pick.
3/29/10: Jake Locker took a huge risk going back to school. If he gets hurt or if scouts notice something wrong on film, his stock could drop dramatically. For now, he's the No. 1 quarterback prospect in the 2011 class. Perhaps he should follow Sam Bradford's example and take the entire 2010 season off.

With no help around him, Locker threw for 2,800 yards, 21 touchdowns and 11 interceptions in 2009.

10/2/09: From Matt's 2010 NFL Draft Stock (http://walterfootball.com/draft2010stockmatt.php) page: I have watched three quarters of film so far on the USC-Washington matchup. Locker has average arm strength, but he has great mechanics and has some upside with his athleticism. A few times he was inconsistent. I was impressed with Locker because of his poise under pressure and accuracy. He missed the slot receiver once who was wide open for a touchdown on a skinny post. Instead of going through his progression reads he just zoned in on his tight end.

Early in the first quarter on 3rd-and-6, the flaker ran a hitch route and had five yards of separation. Locker hesitated and didn't make a throw. He has time to correct this, and I think he has some talent, but he doesn't have elite talent like Mark Sanchez or Matthew Stafford. Locker will likely stay for his senior year, and he does have first-round potential down the road.

Dr. Lecter
And the last time a Texas QB did?

tampabay25690
Clausen might have been a slight upgrade (yes, slight, he hasn't done jack squat in a regular season game yet) in the short term, but how good would he be in the long term? No one really knows, and there have been a lot of concerns about his upside echoed by people who know what they're talking about.

Right now, there seems to be the possibility of much better prospects next year. Gailey and co. also said they didn't like this crop of QB's. Considering they were switching from a Tampa 2 to the 3-4, they desperately needed guys who fit that D, and got them in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Would you rather they not have drafted Troup?

Im a big TROUP fan good ???

tampabay25690
08-13-2010, 09:49 PM

Vince Young is still a Starter..

tampabay25690
Ahh the Tom Brady the exception proves the rule.

I know TOM just sayin....

Michael82

Vince Young is starting for the Titans. :yawn:

hydro
08-13-2010, 09:50 PM
This thread is just embarrassing. For one it is the first preseason game. Second, if you had any expectations of any of our Qbs wowing you, you were sadly mistaken.

tampabay25690
08-13-2010, 09:51 PM
This thread is just embarrassing. For one it is the first preseason game. Second, if you had any expectations of any of our Qbs wowing you, you were sadly mistaken.

Not embarassing at all compared to all the other Threads out there..
Dont come in tje:limpclap: thread then

Michael82
08-13-2010, 09:52 PM
This is from Russ Lande...

1. Andrew Luck, Stanford *
A redshirt sophomore, Luck is a very athletic QB who had a remarkable freshman year. If he improves as much in 2010 as he did in '09, he could be a candidate for the top pick in the draft. He has a good, strong arm and has shown excellent accuracy while displaying the ability to make all the necessary NFL throws. He is patient and poised in the pocket and does an excellent job of reading defenses. He also is adept at moving defenders around with his eyes to open up room for his receivers.

2. Christian Ponder, Florida State
Ponder is a redshirt senior who already has an undergraduate degree in finance and his MBA. He is well-built with very good athleticism and has consistently shown the ability to make big plays with his arm and legs. He makes strong, accurate throws on all the passes NFL teams require. To take his game to the next level, however, he has to do a better job of identifying which throws need to be touch passes and which need to be gunned. With a strong senior season, he could move into the first round. Right now, he is a second- or third-rounder.

3. Jake Locker, Washington
Locker is a rare athlete with the ability to make game-changing plays with his arm or legs. He has a rocket arm and can make 20-plus yard throws downfield with uncommon zip. Based solely on 2009 film, he would be a third-round prospect. But if he improves as much in 2010 as he did in 2009 under new coach Steve Sarkisian, he could vault past all the other quarterbacks to the top of the 2011 draft.

4. Ryan Mallett, Arkansas
A transfer from Michigan who is a fourth-year junior, Mallet showed rare arm strength last year and flashed the passing skills to become an elite NFL quarterback. He is far from a finished product. His footwork needs to improve and he needs to quicken his release and improve his accuracy, but all the physical tools are there. When he was on his game in 2009, he looked like he had the potential to become an elite NFL quarterback.

Read more: http://www.sportingnews.com/college-football/article/2010-07-21/nfl-draft-2011-if-andrew-luck-comes-out-he-could-top-quarterback#ixzz0wXqllo9Q

tampabay25690
08-13-2010, 09:54 PM
I would go...

LUCK
LOCKER
MALLETT

Dr. Lecter
08-13-2010, 09:57 PM
Vince Young is starting for the Titans. :yawn:
And what has he done?

Notre Dame's last good QB was Montana.

Rick Mirer anybody?

Beebe's Kid
08-13-2010, 09:59 PM
We should have taken the entire first and second rounds...why didn't you git'r done, Buddy?

It is the first game...and good news...it doesn't ****ing count. Some people have been waiting for this to get on the computer and say "I told you so." That is kind of sad.

I guess it's almost as sad as being a Dolphins fan, or any other team for that matter, and hanging out in a Bills forum.

Mr. Pink
08-13-2010, 10:00 PM
And what has he done?

Notre Dame's last good QB was Montana.

Rick Mirer anybody?

Steve Beuerlein did make the Pro-Bowl in 1999...

Outside of Theismann and Montana though they really haven't produced anyone at the QB position though.

Johnny Bugmenot
08-13-2010, 10:05 PM
Luck, Locker, Ponder, Mallet... did someone just pull these names randomly from a dictionary?

At least I'd want a starting quarterback with a real last name. What kind of NFL quarterback has succeeded with names like that?

Miami_Vice
08-13-2010, 10:19 PM
Miami fan here. You guys shouldnt fret over not drafting Clausen. Actually I dont think any of the QBs in this years draft were worth a crap.

I do think Luck (in next years draft) is gonna be a really really good(hence I hope you guys dont get him!) :)