PDA

View Full Version : Why no Brohm?

more cowbell
08-13-2010, 10:04 PM
I was interested to see how he would perform but obviously he didn't play tonight. Was he hurt? or does he really just suck that much that he can't even get on the field in pre-season?

Michael82
08-13-2010, 10:05 PM
It sounds like Gailey plans to do the rotating in the games too. Brohm gets the #2 reps for the Colts game on Thursday.

Johnny Bugmenot
08-13-2010, 10:07 PM
As I said in another thread, I'm guessing preservation.

BillsWin
08-13-2010, 10:08 PM
Fitz got a lot of snaps today. I can almost guarantee that Brohm will get those reps or more against the Colts on Thursday.

more cowbell
08-13-2010, 10:10 PM
makes sense...i just wasn't aware if he suffered an injury this week i didnt hear about

BillsWin
08-13-2010, 10:11 PM
It's not like Brohm will have a lot to do on Thursday to out perform Fitzpatrick. I was a big Fitz fan when we signed him because I figured him to be a decent backup. I wanted him to take Edwards' spot last season when Trent was struggling.

But tonight, his first few series were borderline atrocious.

I hope Brohm will do better and think he has a very good chance to do so.

BillsWin
08-13-2010, 10:12 PM
Not really borderline. They WERE atrocious.

better days
08-13-2010, 10:13 PM
I think after this game, Brohm should jump to 1st place in the pecking order. Fitz was Fitz & Trent was Trent. Since Fitz replaced Trent last year & they both look the same as last year, Brohm & Fitz to fight it out, then Brown. CUT TRENT.

sdbillsfan2
08-13-2010, 10:20 PM
Trent didn't look like a Qb going into his 4th year...And he sure isn't the answer for starting qb . The league has him figured out.! Just paint a bullseye on his chest ..

Seriously...how much worse could Brohm have been ? A loss is a loss.

Michael82
08-13-2010, 10:27 PM
Trent didn't look like a Qb going into his 4th year...And he sure isn't the answer for starting qb . The league has him figured out.! Just paint a bullseye on his chest ..

Seriously...how much worse could Brohm have been ? A loss is a loss.

Exactly! Good post.

jmb1099
08-13-2010, 10:29 PM
Brohm will top those performances.

Prov401
08-13-2010, 10:39 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if Brohm gets the starting nod next week.

If anything, he will be taking Ftiz' reps.

BillsWin
08-13-2010, 10:42 PM
Fitz was putting on a clinic of how NOT to play QB for a while there.

I was literally laughing at him. Which is sad, because I like the guy. But, come on!

BillsWin
08-13-2010, 10:57 PM
Hey Cowbell, this is from Chris Brown on Brohm not playing:

Don’t expect to see Brohm tonight (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/08/13/dont-expect-to-see-brohm-tonight/)

By Chris Brown - Posted August 13, 2010 – 5:05 pm
The plan at the quarterback position for tonight’s preseason opener is Trent Edwards will start, play a quarter or so and then give way to Ryan Fitzpatrick and the second unit. After that however, the next QB in is expected to be rookie Levi Brown.
According to head coach Chan Gailey it’s no reflection on Brian Brohm’s play. It’s a matter of giving the backups enough time on the field. Gailey has chosen to play only three QBs tonight to give the backups sufficient time to get into a rhythm on offense. He believes if he tries to get Fitzpatrick and Brohm into the game as well as Brown at the end that a situation could arise where Fitz or Brohm made only get nine plays tops, hardly enough to evaluate a QB in a preseason game.
He would like to give both Fitzpatrick and Brohm more consecutive series so they can make a better case for themselves. So Brohm is not expected to play tonight, but in the next preseason game against Indy, the plan is to have Brohm come in and play after Trent Edwards and Ryan Fitzpatrick will not play.
So nothing should be read into Brohm’s absence of playing time tonight with respect to the QB competition, but the only way he takes the field is if there is an injury at the quarterback position.

TigerJ
08-13-2010, 11:00 PM
It sounds like Gailey plans to do the rotating in the games too. Brohm gets the #2 reps for the Colts game on Thursday.That's my guess too. It's no surprise to see Levi Brown is getting the crumbs at the end of the game, being the rookie of the bunch. I expect Fitz will sit next Thursday.

Nighthawk
08-14-2010, 12:15 AM
It's not like Brohm will have a lot to do on Thursday to out perform Fitzpatrick. I was a big Fitz fan when we signed him because I figured him to be a decent backup. I wanted him to take Edwards' spot last season when Trent was struggling.

But tonight, his first few series were borderline atrocious.

I hope Brohm will do better and think he has a very good chance to do so.

Fitz and Edwards are fuggin' brutal...they both suck nuts!

Michael82
08-14-2010, 12:36 AM
Yeah they do! I'm praying that Brohm lights it up on Thursday. We need something to get excited about. We need hope.

Nighthawk
08-14-2010, 12:37 AM
Yeah they do! I'm praying that Brohm lights it up on Thursday. We need something to get excited about. We need hope.

It would be really hard for Brohm to look any worse then Fitz and Edwards. I'm praying that one of these guys finally figures out how to play football!

more cowbell
08-14-2010, 01:08 AM
I think Brohm is complete garbage...with that being said so are the other 2 bafoons on the depth chart I want to at least see what he can do with the second-team next week.

patmoran2006
08-14-2010, 02:31 AM
I was interested to see how he would perform but obviously he didn't play tonight. Was he hurt? or does he really just suck that much that he can't even get on the field in pre-season?

Write this down (and flame away). Barring injury, Brian Brohm will be unemployed in about 3 weeks.

Mr. Pink
08-14-2010, 02:52 AM
Write this down (and flame away). Barring injury, Brian Brohm will be unemployed in about 3 weeks.

That's not really shocking.

I saw that coming after the one game we got to watch him attempt to play QB last year.

As much as people bag on Trent and Fitz, Brohm was even worse and it's already been shown/proven/stated that he doesn't have the mental makeup for the top spot on a team.

From what was said about how he took his experience in GB.

Johnny Bugmenot
08-14-2010, 06:00 AM
From what was said about how he took his experience in GB. He went from being one of the top college prospects in the country to being treated like a scrub in Green Bay. How would you react?

jmb1099
08-14-2010, 06:52 AM

I saw that coming after the one game we got to watch him attempt to play QB last year.

As much as people bag on Trent and Fitz, Brohm was even worse and it's already been shown/proven/stated that he doesn't have the mental makeup for the top spot on a team.

From what was said about how he took his experience in GB. The GB thing may prove to be accurate, but let's be honest; none of us here have any real first hand observations of what went down there.
Now we do have, as you mentioned, a first hand observation of that one game last year. That one game. With the interim head coach. with the 20 players on injured reserve. With a week to prepare for a new team, a team that was (and may still be) in utter turmoil. His real audition happens this week and then we'll really have something to talk about one way or another.

jmb1099
08-14-2010, 06:53 AM
This almost guarantees he will start in weak one.

better days
08-14-2010, 07:56 AM

From what was said about how he took his experience in GB.

It is crazy the excuses people make for Trent, everything from the O-line, to the Rams game, & the Coaching, yet Brohm is criticized for looking bad in ONE game after having only a few weeks with the team, & virtually no coaching.

Night Train
08-14-2010, 07:57 AM
It's not like Brohm will have a lot to do on Thursday to out perform Fitzpatrick.
He'll have little to do to out perform Trentative.

HHURRICANE
08-14-2010, 08:23 AM
Okay guys you are in dreamland again.

First off, Edwards pick was unacceptable but he did well in the first drive and the guy is willing to take a hit to make a play. The o-line did him no favors. I taped the game so rewatch it. I will admit that he is the wrong QB for this team. He is not a guy that is good at improvising, he's purely a pocket passer.

Second, Brohm did not play at all tonight. He is not fighting for the starter job but the backup job. For any of you still holding out hope that Edwards is getting overtaken just take it out of your mind. NEVER, EVER, GOING TO HAPPEN. Brohm is fighting with Fitz to play #2. Period. End of story.

better days
08-14-2010, 08:38 AM

First off, Edwards pick was unacceptable but he did well in the first drive and the guy is willing to take a hit to make a play. The o-line did him no favors. I taped the game so rewatch it. I will admit that he is the wrong QB for this team. He is not a guy that is good at improvising, he's purely a pocket passer.

Second, Brohm did not play at all tonight. He is not fighting for the starter job but the backup job. For any of you still holding out hope that Edwards is getting overtaken just take it out of your mind. NEVER, EVER, GOING TO HAPPEN. Brohm is fighting with Fitz to play #2. Period. End of story.

Even if Trent is named the starter (God I hope not because he looks the same as last year) he is bound to be injured by the bye week so the #2 QB will then take over.

JCBills
08-14-2010, 09:30 AM
I think Brohm is complete garbage...with that being said so are the other 2 bafoons on the depth chart I want to at least see what he can do with the second-team next week.

We know, we're well informed as to what your agenda is. We also know it's based on nothing.

JCBills
08-14-2010, 09:32 AM

HH, Gailey said otherwise. Giving more consecutive series to Fitz and Brohm. Fitz will sit next game, Brohm gets his shot to take Buffalo out of this miserable era.

Novacane
08-14-2010, 09:43 AM
. Brohm is fighting with Fitz to play #2. Period. End of story.

So he basically IS in a fight for the starting job because everyone knows that pussy Edwards will be injured sooner than later.

HHURRICANE
08-14-2010, 10:28 AM
So he basically IS in a fight for the starting job because everyone knows that pussy Edwards will be injured sooner than later.

Again, this could be true but as of right now there is no way that Edwards is not starting the season. I'm just being realistic here. I'm not trying to fight with anyone.

This idea that Gailey is keeping it an open competition is kind of silly when Edwards was number one in camp and he's going to be starting his second game next week. The third game is when you start gearing up for the regular season so do you really think that it won't be Edwards?

Buddo
08-14-2010, 12:46 PM
He went from being one of the top college prospects in the country to being treated like a scrub in Green Bay. How would you react?

I would hope a lot better tbh.
If his ego is that fragile, he likely isn't going to become an NFL QB.

Mr. Pink
08-14-2010, 04:21 PM
I would hope a lot better tbh.
If his ego is that fragile, he likely isn't going to become an NFL QB.

That was my whole point.

Philagape
08-14-2010, 09:49 PM
He went from being one of the top college prospects in the country to being treated like a scrub in Green Bay. How would you react?

I really don't care about how he reacted to being treated like what he was.

Cleve
08-15-2010, 08:03 AM
I agree in principal with More Cowbell. Gailey probably should have given Brohm a couple series to play, although given how out of reach the game was early on, maybe Gailey thought it would be more demoralizing for Brohm than positive?

And as far as the Bills two touchdowns - they came relatively late in the game when the Redskins defense was clearly in 'prevent mode' and they were third stringers to boot.

It's a not a great start to the season, but it might not mean much because it is pre-season - I can recall years where the Bills sucked in pre-season but had a decent regular season, and the team is transitioned to 3-4 and there's a clearly a lot of bugs to work out there.

HHURRICANE
08-15-2010, 09:55 AM
I agree in principal with More Cowbell. Gailey probably should have given Brohm a couple series to play, although given how out of reach the game was early on, maybe Gailey thought it would be more demoralizing for Brohm than positive?

And as far as the Bills two touchdowns - they came relatively late in the game when the Redskins defense was clearly in 'prevent mode' and they were third stringers to boot.

It's a not a great start to the season, but it might not mean much because it is pre-season - I can recall years where the Bills sucked in pre-season but had a decent regular season, and the team is transitioned to 3-4 and there's a clearly a lot of bugs to work out there.

I do think it's a little funny how people are reacting to the first pre-season game. I'm actually not as concerned as some on here. Last year by the third pre-season game I knew we were dead. If we look like this next week and the week after than I think we can hit the panic button.