PDA

View Full Version : Trent Sucks.... In other news - anyone catch Vick?

Mahdi
08-13-2010, 11:04 PM
For those saying Vick would not help this team... 11-17 119 yards... 6 rushes for 50 yards and a TD.

I would rather have a guy who is average at reading defenses but beats them in other ways than a guy (Trent) who can't read a defense and beats his own team in many ways.

The least the Bills FO could have done is add a vet QB like the ones that were added all over the league; McCown in Jax, Grossman in Was, Delhomme was available, Boller in Oak, Campbell in Oak, Bulger in Balt, Leftwich in Pit etc.

It's either we settled with the QBs we have because they are hoping for a top QB in the next draft or they really thought they had something with the QBs we have.

Commissioner
08-13-2010, 11:06 PM
I would rather have a guy who is average at reading defenses but beats them in other ways than a guy (Trent) who can't read a defense and beats his own team in many ways.

Is that what you saw in Trent tonight?

I saw a guy... wait.. not 1 guy... but 3 guys who couldn't accomplish **** tonight behind a porous offensive line and young WR's who didn't know where to go.

But keep blaming the QB ***** ***** *****. Post edited, please refrain from personal attacks. nbf

Philagape
08-13-2010, 11:16 PM
Luke McCown 11-15 244 yards 3 TDs, let's get him instead

Mahdi
08-13-2010, 11:19 PM

I saw a guy... wait.. not 1 guy... but 3 guys who couldn't accomplish **** tonight behind a porous offensive line and young WR's who didn't know where to go.

But keep blaming the QB you football ignorant F$%K.
Gimme a break man.... Trent looked just as he always does. Hesitant and happy feet. He has no pocket presence. A lot of the hits he took were because of indecision and as a result the blocking broke down and he was hurried.

Trent does not know how to read the secondary coverage. He is always focused on the short to medium routes and locks in. If nothing is blatantly open he freezes.

And BTW Fitz looked way better than Trent. At least he plays the game with some guts. Even worse is that Trent couldn't even get it done against the Redskins second team defense.

BillsWin
08-13-2010, 11:20 PM
Oh, Mahdi! Why'd you have to go and be "that guy"?

BillsWin
08-13-2010, 11:21 PM

Calm down captain crazy. Personal insults are against the COC.

Buffalogic
08-13-2010, 11:21 PM
I guess you missed the Vick redzone fumble turnover. I know it weakens your case for Vick as the qb, but come on.

Dr. Pepper
08-13-2010, 11:23 PM

holy overreaction batman!!!!

Beebe's Kid
08-13-2010, 11:26 PM
There is an argument for these guys...I think anyway, but I am not the wealth of football knowledge many here are. I just watch games, and am a fan.

I think that our issues are two, three, or four-fold...but I don't think having a vet QB would hurt.

I also do not think Trent looked as bad as many say he did. He didn't seem to panic, he didn't get the deer in headlights look, and get pounded into the turf. He threw the ball downfield, and missed, but so did McNabb.

This is also the preseason, and there are going to be superstar performances, while teams are trying to judge what they have on defense....which contrary to what many believe, teams are experimenting during the preseason, especially the first couple games. It's like when a pitcher is trying to establish a new pitch, and he get's lit up in spring training...you look at what was good, what was bad, and you make adjustments.

For what it's worth, Grossman looked really good. It wasn't all "the sky is falling our secondary sucks," either. The 'Skins displayed an efficient passing game. They made quick reads and got the ball out before the rush could get to them. They had multi-receiver looks, and ran PA so well the camera had no clue where the ball was. They found the open guy, quickly, and got the ball there. It was a good display of WC offense, which fits Rex's skills.

Who knows, there is a good chance we grab a vet off of the heap after some are cut. There are good players that aren't going to make the team, due to roster limits, hopefully we are looking.

Beebe's Kid
08-13-2010, 11:28 PM
I guess you missed the Vick redzone fumble turnover. I know it weakens your case for Vick as the qb, but come on.

He fumbled? Bust! Bust! Bust!

Mahdi
08-13-2010, 11:30 PM

LOL. I didn't read the last line of your post till now... NICE! Real contribution to the board.

Buffalogic
08-13-2010, 11:33 PM
He fumbled? Bust! Bust! Bust!You can't be a bust if you've proven something in the league.

You can be a bust if you haven't done ****, however. I'm talking to you Maybin and McCargo you rich, useless, ****s!

Hogwasher
08-13-2010, 11:34 PM
Fumble and an INT. Its preseason. The mack brother gonna work it out.

Mahdi
08-13-2010, 11:35 PM
Oh, Mahdi! Why'd you have to go and be "that guy"?
My point about Vick was only to those who said he would not help this team or be better than what we have.

It's not that I think we must have Vick, I just think we should have gotten someone else to stabilize the QB position like many other teams with actual starting QBs have done.

Trent looked typical to me, just because he chucked one long it doesn't mean anything. He spent the rest of the game undecided about where to go with the ball. His most decisive throw went to Hall.

Commissioner
08-13-2010, 11:42 PM
Calm down captain crazy. Personal insults are against the COC.
Calm down Captain **** you.

It's so unbelievable how ignorant of football so called Bills fans are it makes me sick.

Lets blame the whole team sucking on 1 player...

give me a break....

****** ******** ****** ********. post edited, please refrain from personal attacks. nbf

mightysimi
08-13-2010, 11:47 PM
My point about Vick was only to those who said he would not help this team or be better than what we have.

It's not that I think we must have Vick, I just think we should have gotten someone else to stabilize the QB position like many other teams with actual starting QBs have done.

Trent looked typical to me, just because he chucked one long it doesn't mean anything. He spent the rest of the game undecided about where to go with the ball. His most decisive throw went to Hall.

To what end? I don't think any of the QB's you mentioned would help. Even Vick needs a little time. And even if Vick helps us win a few more games than we would otherwise, the only thing that accomplishes is making us the 9-11 pick where all of the franchise LT's or QB's are gone. Vick nor any other vet QB would get this team into the playoffs.

mightysimi
08-13-2010, 11:48 PM

It's so unbelievable how ignorant of football so called Bills fans are it makes me sick.

give me a break....

You're all a bunch of ****in ignorant football homos who have no lives.

Wow...

Buffalogic
08-13-2010, 11:51 PM

give me a break....

You're all a bunch of ****in ignorant football homos who have no lives.The posts you make lead one to believe that's you in that dumb ninja outfit in your avatar. Put the verbal throwing stars away.

SeatownBillsFan21
08-14-2010, 03:11 AM

Wow Really?? is that what you saw come on guy we all know our QBs are awful behind any oline in this league

LtFinFan66
08-14-2010, 03:27 AM
For those saying Vick would not help this team... 11-17 119 yards... 6 rushes for 50 yards and a TD.

The least the Bills FO could have done is add a vet QB like the ones that were added all over the league; McCown in Jax, Grossman in Was, Delhomme was available, Boller in Oak, Campbell in Oak, Bulger in Balt, Leftwich in Pit etc.

It's either we settled with the QBs we have because they are hoping for a top QB in the next draft or they really thought they had something with the QBs we have.he threw a pick as well

tampabay25690
08-14-2010, 07:05 AM
Luke McCown 11-15 244 yards 3 TDs, let's get him instead

It was 1 game....

Philagape
08-14-2010, 07:11 AM

No, I think that's the :boozer:

ddaryl
08-14-2010, 07:34 AM
I would rather go 0-16 then even consider Vick.

HHURRICANE
08-14-2010, 08:27 AM
Somebody named HHURRICANE suggested that we get him. People were mean to the poster as well. :couch:

Historian
08-14-2010, 08:33 AM
Edwrds was methodically running the offense, until the INT.

Then the wheels fell off.

And did you see Lee Evans dog it after the pic? Looked like he could care less.

Trent was Trent....but everybody stank last night except for a very select few.

SABURZFAN
08-14-2010, 12:22 PM
why was Commissioner's posts edited? let's not confuse the truth with personal attacks. there are a lot of football ignorant ****s in here. there are a bunch of ****in ignorant football homos who have no lives in here.

as i read some of these other threads, these leftover Lickers continue to show how ****ing stupid they really look. their hate for Edwards shows how hyporitical they are. yeah... Edwards blew balls. yeah... we know he's not the answer for the future. now you know what Tackling Dummy, myself, and a few others saw when your "golden boy" Lossman was stinking up the joint.

if Edwards is the starting QB going into the season, stop hating and suck it up like we did with Lossman. it's time for you hypocrites to put up AND shut up.

Jan Reimers
08-14-2010, 02:22 PM
I'll root for whomever wins our starting QB job. As long as it's not Vick.

Jan Reimers
08-14-2010, 02:27 PM
Actually, I think Trent is by far our physically most gifted QB. I just don't know that he'll ever overcome his mental issues.

Philagape
08-20-2010, 10:56 PM
So .... anyone catch Vick tonight?

More INTs (2) than completions (1). Nice.

Marvelous
08-21-2010, 04:10 AM
OMG! These Madden GM fans! The Ralph would never accept a talented turd like Vick...
--I made the comment 2 years ago about how exciting Vick would be for us. I used the game we had against ATLANTA & HIM ABOUT 5 YEARS AGO (oops caps) when he torched us..Well every single family member & friend in the room looked at me like i wasn't welcome in the room or something...
---FACT- Some, many, whatever--Several Bills fans are used to losing by now & DO-NOT wanna win by any means neccessary. Atleast not by adding a criminal like Vick...I'd rather be mediocre w/ Trent Edwards then be average or even slightly above average w/ Vick...Guess im getting old in my ealry 30's...
---Thread starter, be honest, do you want the hype draft pick every draft?
--I'm proud that we draft most of our roster. The reast of the division buys their roster via FA. For the most part we've drafted well ove rthe last 10 years..

mayotm
08-21-2010, 07:55 AM

More INTs (2) than completions (1). Nice.Exactly. He looked pathetic. Where are all the Vick fans now? You know who you are.

Vick is a bad football player and an even worse person.

Mahdi
08-21-2010, 10:23 AM

Sad thing is,,,, he would still do way better than Trent. Gailey would design one heck of an offense for Vick.

I don't think Vick is a fit in the Eagles passing system. Vick is a guy you use with a dominant run game and boots and reverses.

He is not a fit for an intricate passing game, that's not who he is.

Hogwasher
08-21-2010, 11:04 AM
Why are you guys dogging on Vick so bad?

DMBcrew36
08-21-2010, 11:11 AM
Vick lost everything when he went to prison. He lost his running ability. He lost his vision. Whatever skill he had before, he only has a fraction of now.

In no way, at no point, is he a better option than Brohm or Edwards.

Night Train
08-21-2010, 11:13 AM

He sucks.

I could handle the idea of trading for Troy Smith in a pinch but Vick is such a total fraud.

Mahdi
08-21-2010, 11:13 AM
He sucks.

I could handle the idea of trading for Troy Smith in a pinch but Vick is such a total fraud.
I wouldn't mind Smith either.

mayotm
08-21-2010, 03:19 PM
Sad thing is,,,, he would still do way better than Trent. Gailey would design one heck of an offense for Vick.

I don't think Vick is a fit in the Eagles passing system. Vick is a guy you use with a dominant run game and boots and reverses.

He is not a fit for an intricate passing game, that's not who he is.Disagree. Vick is no longer a good fit in any system. Whatever he once had, appears to be gone.

Thief
09-21-2010, 07:34 PM
Anyone care to edit or re-edit their post?

Stewie
09-21-2010, 08:04 PM
rofl this is classic already

vick isn't a better option than brohm or edwards
he's lost it
he sucks
can't run, can't throw, no vision

ha.

Stewie
09-21-2010, 08:05 PM
and for the life of me.. still don't understand why vick is so hated when there are players in the league who have killed human beings, and no one seems to care.

Mr. Pink
09-22-2010, 01:32 AM
and for the life of me.. still don't understand why vick is so hated when there are players in the league who have killed human beings, and no one seems to care.

Because killing cute little animals is infinitely worse than killing another human being. That is what I have learned on this board.

For the record, if it was up to me, Vick woulda been a Bill two offseasons ago.

Thief
09-22-2010, 11:39 AM
Because killing cute little animals is infinitely worse than killing another human being. That is what I have learned on this board.

For the record, if it was up to me, Vick woulda been a Bill two offseasons ago.Why? Seems Cleveland could use a QB also. ;)