PDA

View Full Version : lol I don't know how to put this into words

Extremebillsfan247
08-13-2010, 11:07 PM
I'm going to try and hit this with as much positive thought as I can. That game was so bad, I was being passed free sympathy beers at the local pub tonight. :cheers:lol That's never happened to me before.
I'm going to ignore the final score here for a minute because it is pre season. Here are the bright spots of the game from my perspective. First Aaron Maybin, I like what Gailey did with him in running him out there for most of the game. That will only help him. He got pushed around a lot but I like the fight in him. He was in that Redskins backfield a lot. David Nelson I think really made his move to grab a spot on this team. He looked good out there. Bell looked good but so did Simpson. One of them 2 will be gone in September but both played well. Troup played well for his first game. But, how about McCargo? he looked good tonight. Maybe it had something to do with the level of talent he was up against but the 3/4 defense might just be his thing. He is one to keep an eye on this preseason. JMO
Other than that? the QB competition looks like its far from over. I just don't see Gailey naming Trent the starter after that performance from him. He has to do better Thursday or you may see him sliding back into to the competition for number 2. After week 1, my winner at QB is Fitzpatrick. Lets see how Brohm does Thursday and maybe Trent can redeem himself but it's not looking good right now.

BillsWin
08-13-2010, 11:15 PM
I get sympathy beers every Sunday during the season. I wear my old Jim Kelly jersey and people buy me drinks. Last year was brutal. Massive hangovers after every loss.

BillsWin
08-13-2010, 11:17 PM
Btw, I agree with everything you said but Fitzpatrick. Yeah, he scored a TD but he looked AWFUL for his first few series. I mean dreadful. He was throwing at receivers feet, over their heads, to the ground. It was hard to watch.

Extremebillsfan247
08-13-2010, 11:35 PM
Btw, I agree with everything you said but Fitzpatrick. Yeah, he scored a TD but he looked AWFUL for his first few series. I mean dreadful. He was throwing at receivers feet, over their heads, to the ground. It was hard to watch.
Yeah, I just tried to be positive about it. lol Fitzpatrick did look awful, but he did seem to have better command of that offense than Trent did. So I had to give it to him. Brown may have fared better, he just wasn't on the field long enough to make any kind of impression though. So it comes down to how do you pick a bad apple from a bunch that's all bad? take the one with less bruises. That was Fitzpatrick today. lol

BillsWin
08-13-2010, 11:43 PM
I dont know... Edwards was 5 of 6 on that first drive and converted some first downs. He also showed he wasnt afraid to throw deep. Even though he missed, it was still refreshing. That INT was just as much Evans fault as it was Trents. Trent wasnt good today, but even his bad throws werent as bad as Fitzs. Just saying...

Youre entitled to your opinion of course.

Beebe's Kid
08-13-2010, 11:47 PM
I agree completely, Extreme, with one exception...

I am not a TE fan boy, not by a long shot, but to say Fitz was better is not true...well, maybe only partially. Fitz looks awesome, until he throws the ball. He can't throw a football, which only poses a small problem. He did go to Harvard, and he is white, so despite the fact that he has almost definitely plateaued, he will be given chance after chance. Maybin, however, is 22, which makes him over the hill and clearly a bust. He got on the field for 3-4 minutes a game last year, and played almost a whole preaseason game...time to cut the line with this guy.

Buffalogic
08-13-2010, 11:49 PM
That INT Edwards threw was a preseason throw. There's no way he's dumb enough to make that throw in the regular season.

Extremebillsfan247
08-13-2010, 11:50 PM
I dont know... Edwards was 5 of 6 on that first drive and converted some first downs. He also showed he wasnt afraid to throw deep. Even though he missed, it was still refreshing. That INT was just as much Evans fault as it was Trents. Trent wasnt good today, but even his bad throws werent as bad as Fitzs. Just saying...

Youre entitled to your opinion of course.Yeah, Lee should have come back to the QB on that. But Gailey gave Edwards every oportunity to get it done out there. It just wasn't his night. Hopefully he does better Thursday. I think I'm one beer past my bed time. lol I'm done... Bad things man, bad things... :biggrin: Go Bills..