PDA

View Full Version : How about John McCargo, eh?

BillsWin
08-13-2010, 11:10 PM
Looking like a first rounder against them scrubs! :cheers:

Buffalogic
08-13-2010, 11:13 PM
Thanks to Dicky J we threw like 4 first round picks straight into the trash.

X-Era
08-13-2010, 11:14 PM
Looking like a first rounder against them scrubs! :cheers:

I give him props, he looked good. He played with more fire in his belly than he ever did for Dick.

Beebe's Kid
08-13-2010, 11:17 PM
Impossible. If he didn't stand out as a clear star by...I don't know, let's say, the first preseason game of his second year, he is a bust. Flat out, not more talking about it.

In all seriousness, that was encouraging, and I had written him off totally. I was surprised he was still on the team, let alone on the field...and sadly, I had to look up his number when he made the TFL...When I saw who it was I actually "lol'd."

It would be great to get production out of some of our spare parts.

Buffalogic
08-13-2010, 11:20 PM
Impossible. If he didn't stand out as a clear star by...I don't know, let's say, the first preseason game of his second year, he is a bust. Flat out, not more talking about it.

In all seriousness, that was encouraging, and I had written him off totally. I was surprised he was still on the team, let alone on the field...and sadly, I had to look up his number when he made the TFL...When I saw who it was I actually "lol'd."

It would be great to get production out of some of our spare parts.Your standards are too low. You can't wait multiple years for production out of players. Especially at any position other than QB or WR. If Maybin and McCargo were going to make plays there would be film of it rather than a multitude of excuses.

X-Era
08-13-2010, 11:20 PM

It would be great to get production out of some of our spare parts.

His second year?

Prov401
08-13-2010, 11:50 PM
I was going to make a thread about him, but figured I'd just get trashed all night because he played against 3rd stringers. But he was in the backfield ALOT. And got double teamed as well. Nice to watch.

jmb1099
08-14-2010, 06:58 AM
While it was against scrubs, he's been labeled as a scrub and he played better last night than he ever has as a Bill and was clearly the best scrub out there. So let's move him up and see if he continues to play well.

Johnny Bugmenot
08-14-2010, 07:33 AM
Bryce Fisher looked good against scrubs too. How'd his career pan out?

zone
08-14-2010, 08:48 AM
Most of the scrubs he was playing agianst saw starting time on the line last year.

casdhf
08-14-2010, 09:48 AM
Bryce Fisher looked good against scrubs too. How'd his career pan out? I think he had a couple 8 or 9 sack seasons. I'd take that at this point.

YardRat
08-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Pretty sad that we're throwing first rounders out there to compete against also-rans. If either Maybin or McCargo were worth a ****, their pads would've been off before halftime.

TigerJ
08-14-2010, 03:25 PM
Both sides have good points. The Bills have not gotten nearly what they should have from McCargo, and will probably never get production out of him that is worthy of a first rounder. However, as long as he's on the team he has a chance to contribute. Something is better than nothing.