PDA

View Full Version : The O-line

jmb1099
08-14-2010, 07:26 AM
Many here, including me, thought the skins would have about 30 sacks going into the second quarter. While there were obviously pressures, I don't remember a single sack. Now grated the skins didn't play their starters for long, but no sacks?

ddaryl
08-14-2010, 07:50 AM
this team needs to fix this stupid OL ... no sacks in this game is no consolation prize.

unfortunately there is no easy fixes....

HHURRICANE
08-14-2010, 08:13 AM
Many here, including me, thought the skins would have about 30 sacks going into the second quarter. While there were obviously pressures, I don't remember a single sack. Now grated the skins didn't play their starters for long, but no sacks?

Edwards got sacked and it was a big one. The pick was when he was running for his life. However the line did look better than putrid.

better days
08-14-2010, 08:21 AM
Edwards got sacked and it was a big one. The pick was when he was running for his life. However the line did look better than putrid.

Yeah Trent runs & throws a pick. Fitz was also running for his life & threw a TD. That is the difference between Trent & Fitz.

JCBills
08-14-2010, 09:12 AM
Meredith looked like the best OL last night. Missing Wood and Green, can't really blame the right side.

jmb1099
08-14-2010, 10:10 AM
I thought Trent threw it away before he was in the grasp...

HHURRICANE
08-14-2010, 10:19 AM
I thought Trent threw it away before he was in the grasp...

He did. I rewatched it. He threw it as he was getting slammed to the ground.

HHURRICANE
08-14-2010, 10:23 AM
Yeah Trent runs & throws a pick. Fitz was also running for his life & threw a TD. That is the difference between Trent & Fitz.

The pick that Edwards threw is totally on him. It's a dumb play. I just pointed out that it was a broken play. Based on your logic we should start Fitz. Good luck with that.

jmb1099
08-14-2010, 10:24 AM
He did. I rewatched it. He threw it as he was getting slammed to the ground.
For the record I'm not saying the line offered good protection, just surprised that we didn't surrender a sack. Strange.

DesertFox24
08-14-2010, 11:00 AM

This is stupid comment.

The pick was not Edwards fault I blame evans for not running towards his qb and allowing Hall to undercut him.

Edwards did not have a great game, but the blocking was putrid, and the pass rush was putrid.

Now I have to rewatch the game on Sunday to look at players.

jmb1099
08-14-2010, 11:03 AM
This is stupid comment.

The pick was not Edwards fault I blame evans for not running towards his qb and allowing Hall to undercut him.

Edwards did not have a great game, but the blocking was putrid, and the pass rush was putrid.

Should have never thrown the ball. Stupid interception, stupid pass. Throw it away, you're outside of the pocket, live to fight on the next play.

better days
08-14-2010, 11:04 AM
The pick that Edwards threw is totally on him. It's a dumb play. I just pointed out that it was a broken play. Based on your logic we should start Fitz. Good luck with that.

I am still going to trust Chan to pick the best QB of the 3 for this year, but I expect the Bills to make QB the #1 priority in the next draft.

HHURRICANE
08-14-2010, 11:18 AM
I am still going to trust Chan to pick the best QB of the 3 for this year, but I expect the Bills to make QB the #1 priority in the next draft.

I agree on both points. Even if Edwards is better than this board thinks there is no way he will be able to produce numbers that keep him here in Buffalo. Unless this line gets better quick no QB is operating back there.

YardRat
08-14-2010, 12:06 PM
I don't think you can lay any of the blame for the pick on Evans...he was barely set and the ball was already on it's way. Edwards should know better by now, be more aware, and throw the ball out of bounds over Lee's head.

CAbills
08-14-2010, 04:27 PM
No sacks but also zero time for receivers routes to develop. Grossman looked like he was having a grand ole time just camping back in the pocket, while our QBs were throwing balls into the dirt because of pressure.

TacklingDummy
08-14-2010, 04:38 PM
Bring back Peters and pay him.

X-Era
08-14-2010, 04:43 PM
This is stupid comment.

I think both are guilty.

Trent should just throw it away, or if they are squatting why are they calling curl routes? Pump fake it.

Evans should come back to the ball... when your QB has to scramble, you come back to the ball.

HHURRICANE
08-14-2010, 05:07 PM
I don't think you can lay any of the blame for the pick on Evans...he was barely set and the ball was already on it's way. Edwards should know better by now, be more aware, and throw the ball out of bounds over Lee's head.

Totally agree with this assessment. It's a stupid pick and for a 4 year guy unacceptable.

HHURRICANE
08-14-2010, 05:08 PM
I think both are guilty.

Trent should just throw it away, or if they are squatting why are they calling curl routes? Pump fake it.

Evans should come back to the ball... when your QB has to scramble, you come back to the ball.

PS. I think this is Edwards fault but it's not the first time that Evans has done this. He gives up on plays.

tampabay25690
08-14-2010, 05:16 PM
OLine was not the problem last nite.....