PDA

View Full Version : HHURRICANE's accurate and thought provoking reveiw of last night's game.

HHURRICANE
08-14-2010, 08:42 AM
Let's get right down to it:

1) I am nervous that Chan Gailey is falling into the trap of we will have the best conditioned team. Every losing coach has implememnted this policy from the beginning of time. We looked tired and the annoucers said as much.

2) OP is right. Implementing a new system, especially on D, is going to be a looong process.

3) The D, which I thought was a strength, looked horrible. If this was the only game to evaluate talent I'd cut Whitner and McGee right now.

4) I am sure I am in the minority but the offense actualy showed some signs of life. The first drive was a good one and Edwards played decent on it. We had some momentum issues after that but I didn't walk away feeling like I did about the D.

5) Edwards is the wrong QB for this team. I think he has the talent but he is not an improvisor. If you give him time he's very good. He's not Favre under pressure though. I'll stick to my thoughts that Vick would have been a solid pickup with this o-line.

6) One more point on Edwards. He went deep early and looks alot more comfortable than he did last year. I wish the pick hadn't happened. But people please stop with any thoughts that he won't be the starter this year. It is obvious that Gailey is 110% committed to this guy so move on.

6) The o-line might have some backup talent out there. Please cut Kirk Chambers for the love of GOD!

7) Chan looked lost out there at times. He's a good teacher but I'm not sure that we couldn't go 1-15 with him behind the helm.

Again, it's early and we were missing a ton of players out there.

Dr. Lecter
08-14-2010, 08:45 AM
The part about cutting McGee and Whitner right now made me want to disregard anything else you posted.

That is very dumb. Moronic.

All of the DBs looked terrible. Scott and Wilson were way worse than Whitner. Corner was horrendous.

But you still cling to Edwards "talent".

better days
08-14-2010, 08:49 AM
Let's get right down to it:

1) I am nervous that Chan Gailey is falling into the trap of we will have the best conditioned team. Every losing coach has implememnted this policy from the beginning of time. We looked tired and the annoucers said as much.

2) OP is right. Implementing a new system, especially on D, is going to be a looong process.

3) The D, which I thought was a strength, looked horrible. If this was the only game to evaluate talent I'd cut Whitner and McGee right now.

4) I am sure I am in the minority but the offense actualy showed some signs of life. The first drive was a good one and Edwards played decent on it. We had some momentum issues after that but I didn't walk away feeling like I did about the D.

5) Edwards is the wrong QB for this team. I think he has the talent but he is not an improvisor. If you give him time he's very good. He's not Favre under pressure though. I'll stick to my thoughts that Vick would have been a solid pickup with this o-line.

6) One more point on Edwards. He went deep early and looks alot more comfortable than he did last year. I wish the pick hadn't happened. But people please stop with any thoughts that he won't be the starter this year. It is obvious that Gailey is 110% committed to this guy so move on.

6) The o-line might have some backup talent out there. Please cut Kirk Chambers for the love of GOD!

7) Chan looked lost out there at times. He's a good teacher but I'm not sure that we couldn't go 1-15 with him behind the helm.

Again, it's early and we were missing a ton of players out there.

Trent was Trent on the 1st drive. No better than he has been in the past. The Bills will not win more than a game or two by scoring only one FG for an entire half.

I don't know yet if Chan is committed to Trent, or he let him play almost an entire half to give him enough rope to hang himself, which he did.

HHURRICANE
08-14-2010, 08:59 AM
The part about cutting McGee and Whitner right now made me want to disregard anything else you posted.

All of the DBs looked terrible. Scott and Wilson were way worse than Whitner. Corner was horrendous.

McGee and Whitner looked bad. I didn't say that we should cut them. I said if it was based on one game. Half the team should have been cut if we were just using last night's game.

Read before reacting.

Dr. Lecter
08-14-2010, 09:09 AM
I have an idea. Instead of voilating your own rules on this site how about updating my profile reflecting my generosity to this site.

Seems to me you have a hard time with anybody having an opinion other than your own. i don't use "Moron" or "idiot" to debate points.

Lead by example.

There was no rule violation.

I did not say you were. I said the idea was.

And the point is there were many players way worse than those two . The entire DB crew was atrocious, due in part to no pass rush.

Dr. Lecter
08-14-2010, 09:10 AM
McGee and Whitner looked bad. I didn't say that we should cut them. I said if it was based on one game. Half the team should have been cut if we were just using last night's game.

Read before reacting.

I see that (and did not entirely see it beforehand) But even saying it at all is overreacting on those two.

Last night did not surprise me much.

It is the look of a 3-13 team.

This is a 2-4 win team.

HHURRICANE
08-14-2010, 09:12 AM
There was no rule violation.

I did not say you were. I said the idea was.

And the point is there were many players way worse than those two . The entire DB crew was atrocious, due in part to no pass rush.

McGee and Whitner are seasoned vets. McGee has a pretty heavy vet contract. I agree everyone played horrible but I expect the vets not to struggle like that.

Dr. Lecter
08-14-2010, 09:13 AM
BTW - I can't add multiple tags of the same level. I have tried before.

If you want a gold and silver tag too - I can do that. But not multiple of the same level

HHURRICANE
08-14-2010, 09:13 AM
I see that (and did not entirely see it beforehand) But even saying it at all is overreacting on those two.

Last night did not surprise me much.

It is the look of a 3-13 team.

This is a 2-4 win team.

Peace and Love. I didn't have my coffee yet.:crush:

Dr. Lecter
08-14-2010, 09:14 AM
McGee and Whitner are seasoned vets. McGee has a pretty heavy vet contract. I agree everyone played horrible but I expect the vets not to struggle like that.
With a new defense and no pass rush it did not totally surprise me.

Mcgee was bad - no doubt.

Right now I am more worried about the DL and the LBs (of which the Bills have very little to work with).
But Maybin got some pressure. And McCargo made a play or two.

Dr. Lecter
08-14-2010, 09:15 AM
Peace and Love. I didn't have my coffee yet.:crush:
I try to skip that on Saturday.

I am also dealing with the idea that I think my hockey team is gonna stink too.

HHURRICANE
08-14-2010, 09:18 AM
With a new defense and no pass rush it did not totally surprise me.

Mcgee was bad - no doubt.

Right now I am more worried about the DL and the LBs (of which the Bills have very little to work with).
But Maybin got some pressure. And McCargo made a play or two.

Billswin wrote a great thread this AM on the positives.

The team is struggling implementing the 3-4 and our secondary looked out of position all night. This is to be expected. McGee is really starting to tick me off though.

Troup and McCargo looked okay. Maybin has a long was to go.

Novacane
08-14-2010, 09:48 AM
Maybin is a bust.

SquishDaFish
08-14-2010, 09:53 AM
I agree we didnt look good but Edwards didnt show anything positive bro get over it. Also do realize not many teams gameplan in the 1st preseason game and not to mention we didnt even blitz at all in this game. Im not saying we are going to be good but dont just dump on them now in the 1st game its going to take a bit to gel. Lets see how it goes down the road.

ddaryl
08-14-2010, 09:55 AM
I got 0 positves form last night.. I would have ot watch that game 10 more times to try and find one.

I won't be re-watching the game again either. i promptly deleted it...

Chan has ot get tis team ready by next week because the team looked completely lost in the new O and D

TacklingDummy
08-14-2010, 12:14 PM
What week are you going to quit watching the games this year?

better days
08-14-2010, 12:24 PM

Didn't anyone see the hit Whitner put on the Skins TE on the 1st drive? He put him down HARD.

BillsWin
08-14-2010, 12:28 PM
I thought Whitner had a few solid run fits. McGee played with his usual 10 yard cushion. A holdover from the Jauron era.

Jan Reimers
08-14-2010, 02:06 PM
Our first team D forced them to punt on their first series, had them stopped on their second until Maybin committed his mindless penalty, and would have held them to a FG after the Trent interception, except for a stupid penalty on Davis.

X-Era
08-14-2010, 02:10 PM

I agree. But, Lankster showed some ability on a few plays... just don't have him catch punts or kicks.

Jan Reimers
08-14-2010, 02:12 PM
Actually, our starters might have gone out with a 7-3 lead were it not for the two defensive penalties I mentioned above, and the stupid Stupar holding penalty on Lynch's run to the three yard line.

X-Era
08-14-2010, 02:17 PM
Actually, our starters might have gone out with a 7-3 lead were it not for the two defensive penalties I mentioned above, and the stupid Stupar holding penalty on Lynch's run to the three yard line.

Stupar blew a block on Orakpo as well... he was supposed to be our blocker yet Nelson did a better job blocking. I will be surprised if we see him starting at TE next week.