PDA

View Full Version : Trent Haters let's get is right!!

HHURRICANE
08-14-2010, 09:57 AM
Edwards played 4 series last night:

1) His first series was executed well and efficient.

2) In his second series he setup a nice play deep to Johnson but he overthrew it. Johnson looked like he might have got tangled up early but who knows. It was an incompletion and that's all that counts.

3) Kirk Chambers completely missed his blocking assignment. It's actually funny because he is literally standing there blocking no one. Edwards runs for his life but in fairness the INT was a stupid throw. Maybe Gailey is telling him to take more chances but from this set of eyes it's a dumb throw. Bad play period.

4) The thrid series he was pressured and Riley had a sack up the middle but Edwards was able to toss it away as he was getting slammed to the ground.

After the first series Edwards was contantly pressured. Don't take my word for it go back and look. Chambers and Meredith got manhandled. I just rewatched it.

If you want to ***** about the INT I completely agree. If you want to say he overthrew Johnson I completely agree.

If you want to ***** that he missed receivers and he dinked and dunked than you need to watch the his 4 series again because you are wrong. He is running the O that Gailey wants and he can't execute every pass play when he doesn't have time to throw the ball.

***** in peace.

ddaryl
08-14-2010, 09:58 AM
the whole team looked horrible... You won't be getting an argument from me... Nobody gets praise from last night

HHURRICANE
08-14-2010, 10:03 AM
One more point. I am in agrrement with the Trent haters that he won't last the whole season. This o-line should get him killed so the fight for the #2 spot is probably pretty relevant at this point.

SquishDaFish
08-14-2010, 10:04 AM
He SUCKED along with EVERYONE ELSE!! Get over it! Stop with your damn mancrush on Trentative and Peters

CarolinaBill99
08-14-2010, 10:05 AM
Trent still looks like he can't make a decision on the football field. He was a split second late on a lot of throws including the INT where if he threw the ball a half a second sooner it is a nice completion. Maybe he will correct it, but he had the "deer in the headlights" thing going on last night. I will give him another preseason game to see if this is better..

jmb1099
08-14-2010, 10:08 AM
For the record, I don't hate Trent. I wanted him to succeed last night or at the very least show something. I know a lot of you guys are annoyed because you paid money for his jersey, but this is crazy.
1) He hit his dinks and dunks... in one series. Even then he didn't lead the team to a td... same old same old.
2) He was pressured quite a bit, no argument. But if you're going to give him credit for setting up a long, albeit failed pass play, than you have to give him blame for not adjusting to the ebb and flow of the game. He was given a lot of time to get it right and either did not or could not.
3) I am all for seeing how he does with a healthy line, but if he continues to perform like he did last night he will not start come week one.
4) God help us if he does perform like this and Gailey does start him.

HHURRICANE
08-14-2010, 10:13 AM
He SUCKED along with EVERYONE ELSE!! Get over it! Stop with your damn mancrush on Trentative and Peters

This is exactly why I posted the facts. I don't love Trent but I'm pretty realistic about his play and what is on the bench behind him. So you can ***** all season about him or deal with it.

The guy threw a bad pick. That's a bad play and there is no excuse for that. I'm not loosing sleep over him overthrowing Steve Johnson.

The people that are saying he was indecisive last night need to rewatch the game. Just not true. The pick wasn't indecisive, it was a stupid throw into obvious coverage.

acehole
08-14-2010, 10:32 AM
Trentards get it right it is all qb's fault....all time.
Oline doent mater...weapons don't mater scheme
doesnt mater only wins and losses.

Your standard.

Edwards played 4 series last night:

1) His first series was executed well and efficient.

2) In his second series he setup a nice play deep to Johnson but he overthrew it. Johnson looked like he might have got tangled up early but who knows. It was an incompletion and that's all that counts.

3) Kirk Chambers completely missed his blocking assignment. It's actually funny because he is literally standing there blocking no one. Edwards runs for his life but in fairness the INT was a stupid throw. Maybe Gailey is telling him to take more chances but from this set of eyes it's a dumb throw. Bad play period.

4) The thrid series he was pressured and Riley had a sack up the middle but Edwards was able to toss it away as he was getting slammed to the ground.

After the first series Edwards was contantly pressured. Don't take my word for it go back and look. Chambers and Meredith got manhandled. I just rewatched it.

If you want to ***** about the INT I completely agree. If you want to say he overthrew Johnson I completely agree.

If you want to ***** that he missed receivers and he dinked and dunked than you need to watch the his 4 series again because you are wrong. He is running the O that Gailey wants and he can't execute every pass play when he doesn't have time to throw the ball.

***** in peace.

BillsWin
08-14-2010, 10:34 AM
I felt Meredith blocked well. Chambers was getting tossed around like a ragdoll.

Johnny Bugmenot
08-14-2010, 10:39 AM
Chambers makes a far better tackle than he does a guard.

better days
08-14-2010, 10:53 AM
I can't believe the support Trent still has after that game. He showed he is the same Trent that was benched last year.

YardRat
08-14-2010, 12:08 PM
Johnson appeared to have zero burst on the deep throw.

BillsWin
08-14-2010, 12:12 PM
HH, you are a huge Trent-tard.

X-Era
08-14-2010, 12:27 PM
I just posted my play by play on Meredith and I totally disagree with this assessment.

Please point to the specific plays where that happened. There were two plays where Meredith got beat and the defender got to Trent on a pass play. Both times, Trent waited until 4 seconds or better after the snap to throw the ball. That wont cut it in the NFL. Count the seconds in your head after the snap. If you get to 3 and Trent hasn't thrown the ball, you should expect pressure and maybe a sack. That's on Trent, not on Meredith.

SABURZFAN
08-14-2010, 12:36 PM
you can bet that the Lickers were double knuckled up their ass, with their middle finger, when Edwards threw the INT. acehole has yet to wash it.

Philagape
08-14-2010, 12:39 PM
The guy threw a bad pick. That's a bad play and there is no excuse for that. I'm not loosing sleep over him overthrowing Steve Johnson.

Those are pretty bad things, so what good did he do to offset that? Nothing.
Every single one of his completions was less than 10 yards in the air. On the one "efficient" drive, he showed that he still can't finish, going Capt. Checkdown at the end. Even when he does have time, he shows that he has no spine whatsoever.
He hasn't been fixed from last year, when he was inferior to Fitz.
So with more bad things than good things, that's a poor night.

Luisito23
08-14-2010, 12:46 PM
The bum is a questionable backup at best. It won't even matter though because his frail ass will not even make it through week 5.

SABURZFAN
08-14-2010, 12:49 PM
I can't believe the support Trent still has after that game. He showed he is the same Trent that was benched last year.

it's no different than you Lickers supporting Lossman when he was here, is it? you Lickers whined that we should support whoever is the Bills starting QB is. if Edwards is the starting QB going into the season, we expect the same from you hypocrites.

acehole
08-14-2010, 01:15 PM
you can bet that the Lickers were double knuckled up their ass, with their middle finger, when Edwards threw the INT. acehole has yet to wash it.

How did you know? Did your mom tell you that?

acehole
08-14-2010, 01:22 PM
I just posted my play by play on Meredith and I totally disagree with this assessment.

Please point to the specific plays where that happened. There were two plays where Meredith got beat and the defender got to Trent on a pass play. Both times, Trent waited until 4 seconds or better after the snap to throw the ball. That wont cut it in the NFL. Count the seconds in your head after the snap. If you get to 3 and Trent hasn't thrown the ball, you should expect pressure and maybe a sack. That's on Trent, not on Meredith.
awww did he get pressured? poor thing..

wtf.

this is nfl.

All qb's do...and guess what?

They either use there feet and throw on run...

make a play to hot receiver...

or Run with it to get yards..

or throw it away...

What is the point of these excuses?

Yea our oline is not all pro but they did good against was front 4..

allthough they seem winded at end....golden boy was not playing.

X-Era
08-14-2010, 02:01 PM
awww did he get pressured? poor thing..

wtf.

this is nfl.

All qb's do...and guess what?

They either use there feet and throw on run...

make a play to hot receiver...

or Run with it to get yards..

or throw it away...

What is the point of these excuses?

Yea our oline is not all pro but they did good against was front 4..

allthough they seem winded at end....golden boy was not playing.
OK, that was my fault. I meant to type that i totally DISagree with HH's assessment. I fixed it. And therefore, I agree with your post.

No excuses Trent. Get the damn ball out or expect to get hit. And it wont matter if its an all-world OL if he cant throw the ball out before 3 seconds is up.

Check out my analysis of Meredith and you will see that I dont agree it was Merediths fault.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=194470

sdbillsfan2
08-14-2010, 02:41 PM
I don't hate Trent ...I really don't !!! I JUST HATE HOW HE PLAYS FOOTBALL. I hate his decision making skills, His apparent fear of pressure and the fact he is injury prone.. But besides that.... I think he's a nice guy. I wish him all the success in the world,, but on some other team.
Maybe Calgary for example!

Nighthawk
08-14-2010, 03:22 PM
I really don't understand why people are still trying to say that Trent is a good QB and it's all the OL's fault? Yes, the OL is not great, but Trent is awful and actually makes the OL look worse...if that's possible. Get over it...Edwards doesn't have the nutsack to succeed in the NFL.

HHURRICANE
08-14-2010, 05:05 PM

This is BS. I just went back and timed them. 2.4 seconds and 3.2 seconds. With a stop watch. The Riley play up the middle was 2.2 seconds.

Find me a play where Edwards was in the pocket and hung onto it for more than 4
seconds. You can't.

I don't care or mind if people think Edwards sucks. Just be truthful about your critiques. Meredith did look better as the game went on but he struggled early. That's a fact.

Again, I don't think Edwards is the answer at QB and the pick is 100% on him. I just think that people want to bash him no matter what and that just gets old.

Ebenezer
08-14-2010, 05:15 PM
This is BS. I just went back and timed them. 2.4 seconds and 3.2 seconds. With a stop watch. The Riley play up the middle was 2.2 seconds.

seconds. You can't.

I don't care or mind if people think Edwards sucks. Just be truthful about your critiques. Meredith did look better as the game went on but he struggled early. That's a fact.

Again, I don't think Edwards is the answer at QB and the pick is 100% on him. I just think that people want to bash him no matter what and that just gets old.
That might be your best post ever. Ask Joe Montana what happens when you protect him from Bruce Smith for fewer than three seconds......career over. Protection time is more important than the vast majority of fans ever give an OL credit for...I'm sorry but I have said it for 10 years fans in this city have been duped by the memory of Flutie running around avoiding trouble and keeping plays alive. His style masked a terrible OL. Few QBs would succeed on this team right now. The team may be devoid of QBs but to say that protection is irrelevant would be an insane.

X-Era
08-14-2010, 05:35 PM

seconds. You can't.

HH, I have started a thread specifically to discuss the individual plays. Go there and point out which ones you mean. I specifically pointed out which ones Trent held on to it for up to 4 seconds.

And, I will also use a stopwatch for any play you choose to look at. I counted it off in my head and could be wrong. If I am, I will say so.

HHURRICANE
08-14-2010, 05:37 PM
HH, I have started a thread specifically to discuss the individual plays. Go there and point out which ones you mean.

And, I will also use a stopwatch for any play you choose to look at. I counted it off in my head and could be wrong. If I am, I will say so.

Take a stop watch and use them for series 2,3 and 4 that Edwards was in. It's not that many plays.

HHURRICANE
08-14-2010, 05:41 PM
Take a stop watch and use them for series 2,3 and 4 that Edwards was in. It's not that many plays.

If you have an iphone it's pretty easy to do!!!

X-Era
08-14-2010, 05:58 PM
Take a stop watch and use them for series 2,3 and 4 that Edwards was in. It's not that many plays.I have already done the homework on these plays go to this thread:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=194470

1st qtr, series 2, 0:43 left, Trent got pressure from the right side (not Meredith), Trent throws the ball 3.4 seconds after the snap. The pressure from the right side comes at 2.8 seconds after the snap but he bought extra time when he moved to the right. This was the INT throw.

2nd qtr, series 3, 13:00 left, Trent threw the ball, 3.1 seconds after the snap, Orakpo got there at 3.4. As I stated, Meredith could have swung him wider and prevented any contact but even when he got there the ball was already gone. Its not like Trent threw the ball because he felt the pressure form the left. He threw the ball when he felt comfortable throwing it. Meredith can swing him wider, but Trent only gets 3 seconds. thats it.

2nd qtr, series 4, 8:10 left, Riley went unblocked and unaccounted for, up the middle. Meredith blocked his man. Trent threw the ball to Evans and avoided the sack. Riley got there in 1.8 seconds.

You called out Meredith yet he had nothing to do with these plays, none of them were sacks, and in the series 3 play, Trent held the ball beyond 3 seconds. He should be getting it out well before the 3rd second. If its beyond that, he should expect pressure. He got it from Orakpo later, but he had already thrown it before he got there. Meredith could have swung Orakpo wider and prevented him from getting to him at all. But, it still had no impact on Trent's throw.

Mahdi
08-14-2010, 06:15 PM
One more point. I am in agrrement with the Trent haters that he won't last the whole season. This o-line should get him killed so the fight for the #2 spot is probably pretty relevant at this point.
Don't agree with your assessment. I watched the game again as well, he brought the pressure on himself a lot of the time with indecisiveness. Trent till this day has not been able to hit intermediate routes and that is his major problem. I don't even care about the deep ball. Anyone can throw it deep. I'm talking about throwing the post or the deep out or the 15 yard crossing pattern. The routes good QBs live off of. As long as Trent can't or won't hit those throws defenses will focus on the 5-10 yard routes when they face the Bills and keep intercepting and knocking down Trent's throws.

acehole
08-14-2010, 06:37 PM
I really don't understand why people are still trying to say that Trent is a good QB and it's all the OL's fault? Yes, the OL is not great, but Trent is awful and actually makes the OL look worse...if that's possible. Get over it...Edwards doesn't have the nutsack to succeed in the NFL.

Because of how they "Feel" stats don't mater at all remember?

Forget stats...your own eyes and everything you know about
his past. None of it maters. The communists call people like this
"useful idiots". They can be molded to believe anything.. we call
these folks here democrats but I digress. I don't like Trents game
never did however......THIS IS THE PERFECT OFFENSE FOR HIM.
HE HAS Some tools and could pull this off as it is not a qb heavy
offense. He will be handing off most of the time. He has a designated
target pre-snap so there isnt alot of reads for him one then two.
he has spiller,lynch to carry this offense. For me it is a win win.
If the light goes on great....if it doesnt great. We will have another
in 2011. They are working on throws in preseason so this is not
the way a game will be called when we play for reals. Having
said that if he looks lost by the 4th preseason game then...
well then if they stick with him we will know why...

With the first pick in the 2011 draft the Buffalo Bills pick....

HHURRICANE
08-14-2010, 06:44 PM
HH, I have started a thread specifically to discuss the individual plays. Go there and point out which ones you mean. I specifically pointed out which ones Trent held on to it for up to 4 seconds.

I appreciate your detailed opinion but I think it's safe to say you couldn't find a play where Trent hung onto the ball past 4 seconds which was the point I was disputing.

X-Era
08-14-2010, 06:53 PM
I appreciate your detailed opinion but I think it's safe to say you couldn't find a play where Trent hung onto the ball past 4 seconds which was the point I was disputing.
Past 4 seconds? No. Im simply saying that Trent was only hurried twice, the INT throw and the Riley would be sack. In the INT situation, it wasn't Meredith's fault, and if you want to throw Chambers under the bus, I will drive. In the Riley pressure, Trent threw the ball out preventing the sack. Riley went untouched and unblocked. Maybe someone missed the pickup, but it again wasn't Meredith.

The point I'm making is that Meredith had a good game. Not perfect, but good. He was far from our biggest problem in this game, he was actually an asset. I am then saying that if he plays this well consistently, and can develop his technique, he can be a solid starter for us at LT. His play in this game was starting quality LT material IMO. But he needs to show it consistently. At that point, this position can be considered to be adequately filled.

Personally, I didn't think Edwards was horrible. But, I also didn't see anything that tells us hes our long term answer either. Instead, I feel this game could leave us feeling we still don't have an answer at QB.

Ebenezer
08-14-2010, 07:00 PM
Don't agree with your assessment. I watched the game again as well, he brought the pressure on himself a lot of the time with indecisiveness. Trent till this day has not been able to hit intermediate routes and that is his major problem. I don't even care about the deep ball. Anyone can throw it deep. I'm talking about throwing the post or the deep out or the 15 yard crossing pattern. The routes good QBs live off of. As long as Trent can't or won't hit those throws defenses will focus on the 5-10 yard routes when they face the Bills and keep intercepting and knocking down Trent's throws.

When a QB has fewer than 3.5 seconds to pass the ball just how far down field do you think a WR can get and how open do you think he would be from a complete standstill?? The fastest WR, from a standing position (not down in the blocks), can only get 25 yards downfield unimpeded. Put one or two guys on him and he gets 15 yards. 3.5 seconds doesn't subtract off the time the QB needs to make a decision when the lineman is rushing at him. This team hasn't had a QB that has consistently had more than 3 seconds to make a pass in over 10 years.

X-Era
08-14-2010, 07:09 PM
When a QB has fewer than 3.5 seconds to pass the ball just how far down field do you think a WR can get and how open do you think he would be from a complete standstill?? The fastest WR, from a standing position (not down in the blocks), can only get 25 yards downfield unimpeded. Put one or two guys on him and he gets 15 yards. 3.5 seconds doesn't subtract off the time the QB needs to make a decision when the lineman is rushing at him. This team hasn't had a QB that has consistently had more than 3 seconds to make a pass in over 10 years.
Eb, I honestly feel 3 seconds is all you get. That's the clock. Can they get more at times? sure. Is that a requirement for our OL? No. I don't think we can expect that. We should expect them to give him a full 3 seconds consistently. Let's not forget that Orakpo had 11 sacks last year, he's no slouch. Can we give Trent more than 3 seconds sometimes? yes. Is that a requirement on every play? No.

And to extend it one step farther, if Trent consistently gets the ball out before the 3 second mark, and our OL consistently gives him more than 3 seconds, we have no problems with pass rush right? And, even if he gets pressure in less than 3 seconds, and it will happen, he should be savvy enough to throw it away or even make a play. Instead, on the INT play, he threw an INT. Evans should have come back, but Trent could have simply thrown it away as well.

A WR that runs a 4.4 gets 27 yards down field in 3 seconds if untouched, so I agree, thats about the typical range of a throw at 3 seconds on a fly pattern.

50 yards takes 5.6 seconds if your WR runs a 4.4, 40. It will take specific scheming to make that happen thats a long time to be able to sit back there.

Ebenezer
08-14-2010, 07:20 PM
Eb, I honestly feel 3 seconds is all you get. That's the clock. Can they get more at times? sure. Is that a requirement for our OL? No. I don't think we can expect that. We should expect them to give him a full 3 seconds consistently. Let's not forget that Orakpo had 11 sacks last year, he's no slouch. Can we give Trent more than 3 seconds sometimes? yes. Is that a requirement on every play? No.

And to extend it one step farther, if Trent consistently gets the ball out before the 3 second mark, and our OL consistently gives him more than 3 seconds, we have no problems with pass rush right? And, even if he gets pressure in less than 3 seconds, and it will happen, he should be savvy enough to throw it away or even make a play. Instead, on the INT play, he threw an INT. Evans should have come back, but Trent could have simply thrown it away as well.

A WR that runs a 4.4 gets 27 yards down field in 3 seconds if untouched, so I agree, thats about the typical range of a throw at 3 seconds on a fly pattern.

50 yards takes 5.6 seconds if your WR runs a 4.4, 40. It will take specific scheming to make that happen thats a long time to be able to sit back there.
I don't think we disagree. 3 seconds sounds optimal but as I said. In that, the last second is consumed by the pass rusher and the decision that has to be made. That really only gives the QB 2 seconds. He either has to run or throw the ball away. If he does the latter, it is a penalty. If he does the former he will be compared with Rob Johnson.

X-Era
08-14-2010, 07:26 PM
I don't think we disagree. 3 seconds sounds optimal but as I said. In that, the last second is consumed by the pass rusher and the decision that has to be made. That really only gives the QB 2 seconds. He either has to run or throw the ball away. If he does the latter, it is a penalty. If he does the former he will be compared with Rob Johnson.

I agree that, for a QB, the margin between sucking and being a pro-bowler is very thin. I think there's more to it too. I mean if your QB is respected, the D wont dare pin their ears back with a consistent, big, pass rush. A good QB will torch them. But, if the D knows your guy cant burn you, they may, and probably should blitz the crap out of you.

As much as I hate him, Tom Brady is one of the best I have ever seen in the pocket. He consistently makes plays in the time he has. And when he gets pressured, he starts to screw up. But, any D has to respect what he can do and be careful with their pass rush.

SABURZFAN
08-14-2010, 07:47 PM
How did you know? Did your mom tell you that?

no. your told mom told everybody after we all ran a train on her.

Mahdi
08-14-2010, 08:08 PM
Sorry but QBs are coached to throw the ball in 3 seconds snap to drop. This the NFL, no one blocks Freeney and Harrison for 4 seconds.

On the Trent INT he hesitated initially, then the pressure came and he was forced to throw on the move. He has serious issues diagnosing the blitz and throwing in the face of pressure.

TacklingDummy
08-14-2010, 08:36 PM
Not a Trent hater but Trent sucks until he proves otherwise.

SABURZFAN
08-15-2010, 02:33 AM
Not a Trent hater but Trent sucks until he proves otherwise.

i'll be surprised if that happens.