PDA

View Full Version : A few comments on the game....

OpIv37
08-14-2010, 11:33 AM
I was at the game so I didn't have the benefit of rewind, but this is what I saw.

-All the RB's looked good as RB's, even Simpson. However, Spiller didn't do anything as a returner and Joique Bell got absolutely smoked on Washington's PR touchdown.

-I have no idea who Donald Jones is, but he looked decent out there and had some good returns.

-The Bills used a lot of spread formations on O. I actually saw a screen, a slant, and a naked bootleg that all gained positive yards.

-Trent was brutal. He didn't feel the pressure, he missed open receivers, and that INT was bush-league.

-I thought it was odd that we didn't see Brohm out there at all.

-Reggie Corner got abused and may have cost himself a roster spot.

-in fairness to Corner, the 44 yard TD was a completely busted play. The RB came out of the backfield and was picked up by two LB's, one of whom abandoned the TE, which caused one of the defensive backs to come up to play the TE, and hence everyone was out of position. It happened too fast for me to catch all the players involved though.

-Dwan Edwards and, surprisingly, Chris Ellis looked damn good.

-Kyle Williams got manhandled by double teams a couple of times.

-The Bills were either using Bryan Scott as an LB or were playing dime for an entire series in the 2nd qtr.

-Troup was... there. He didn't impress but he didn't get destroyed either.

-I realize 3 of the 5 probable starters on the OL were out, but it was disappointing to see our starting O struggle to move the ball against the Skins' back-ups in the 2nd quarter.

-Maybin looked good- against 3rd stringers. However, IMO a guy picked as high as he was should absolutely dominate inferior competition, and he didn't. He also pulled a Schobel: he lined up way wide of the formation. On one play, he actually got inside the offensive tackle but had so far to run that the ball was long gone before he got there.

-Kirk Chambers had a false start because the Skins overloaded his side and the Bills were short on blockers. I put this on the coaches as much as Chambers: they should have had a better scheme and they should have coached Chambers not to panic.

-Arthur Moats made a couple of plays but also got beat a couple of times.

-Andra Davis was disappointing.

wmoz11
08-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Nice review, especially from seeing it from the stands.

Just FYI: It was announced before the game that Brohm wouldn't play until next scrimmage and Fitz won't play that one. They want to get Brown some reps, I think.

FlyingDutchman
08-14-2010, 11:42 AM
Maybin got abused by the first stringers

billsfanryan
08-14-2010, 11:45 AM
Isn't it troup and kyle williams jobs to not really be noticed too much? I saw kyle williams in the backfield several times.

Night Train
08-14-2010, 11:48 AM
Pretty Fair.

I thought Troup was twice the NT Williams was last night. Williams got blown off the ball several times on running plays and failed to clog the middle.

JCBills
08-14-2010, 11:51 AM
Pretty Fair.

I thought Troup was twice the NT Williams was last night. Williams got blown off the ball several times on running plays and failed to clog the middle.

I was focusing on the OLBs early when Williams was in, but I saw him ride a few doubles properly. Troup did well, about what you'd expect. Lonnie Harvey needs to move his feet more, he didn't keep the chop going on doubles.

better days
08-14-2010, 12:02 PM
The NFL Network will show a replay of the game at 4AM & 7AM Monday for anyone wants to watch it.

YardRat
08-14-2010, 12:02 PM
Corner was atrocious, and the exposing of our secondary has officially begun.

I thought Troup played well, though not spectacularly. Edwards also.

Ellis didn't look much better than Moats IMO, and that's not saying much.

Our st's were horrid, coverage and blocking.

better days
08-14-2010, 12:08 PM
I thought the Bills defense looked good on the Skins 1st posession. Now they just have to play like that for 60 min.