PDA

View Full Version : Well Good thing we switched to the 3-4

soapman
08-14-2010, 12:04 PM
We really gave that offense fits all nite. Especially in the run game....

BillsWin
08-14-2010, 12:11 PM
I may be in the minority, but I think that Poz will make a huge difference, particularly against the run.

Our secondary is what disappointed me. I thought that Ellis and Troup adjusted well to the 3-4.

I think what we'll see from the defense is constant improvement over the course of the preseason. We will get players back from injury and they will get experience in the new scheme against real competition.

Disappointing for the first game, but to be expected. I wasn't convinced they were going to be good right off the bat.

Ingtar33
08-14-2010, 02:20 PM
We really gave that offense fits all nite. Especially in the run game....

you mean the defense that was on pace to give up 500 yards of offense and 56 points when the Redskins starters left... and 550 yards and 42 points clip to the 1st and 2nd team offense in the first half?

that defense?

I don't know what game you were watching, but our starting unit was shredded by Rex freaking Grossman

Philagape
08-14-2010, 03:58 PM
I was taken aback by how much it looked like the old Cover 2.
Corners were playing way off, almost in prevent mode.
Huge seams over the middle.
I don't see it getting any better because most of the linebackers are 4-3 personnel who can't cover.
Save us, Jairus Byrd!

Night Train
08-14-2010, 04:04 PM
At least I sensed the sarcasm

X-Era
08-14-2010, 04:49 PM
I may be in the minority, but I think that Poz will make a huge difference, particularly against the run.

Our secondary is what disappointed me. I thought that Ellis and Troup adjusted well to the 3-4.

I think what we'll see from the defense is constant improvement over the course of the preseason. We will get players back from injury and they will get experience in the new scheme against real competition.

Disappointing for the first game, but to be expected. I wasn't convinced they were going to be good right off the bat.

Very true. Many of us, including me, are underestimating the difficulty in switching schemes. It takes time to learn them. That could apply to the secondary. On one TD it looked like they screwed up who was supposed to cover whom. That could be a big reason for the troubles in the secondary.

I was especially disappointed in McKelvin. He must be not fully back yet. He was getting beat by second stringers.

hydro
08-14-2010, 04:54 PM
you mean the defense that was on pace to give up 500 yards of offense and 56 points when the Redskins starters left... and 550 yards and 42 points clip to the 1st and 2nd team offense in the first half?

that defense?

I don't know what game you were watching, but our starting unit was shredded by Rex freaking Grossman

Right over your head...

YardRat
08-14-2010, 04:59 PM
This is a big step on the learning curve for the defense...first time against live opponents. I'm looking forward to seeing how they play in game 2.

Mr. Pink
08-14-2010, 06:32 PM
If you expected the defense to look better than last year, maybe last night was a wake up call to you.

We don't have the personnel to run the defense yet.

Maybe in 2 years we will and it will be better than the Cover 2 we ran.

Beebe's Kid
08-14-2010, 08:58 PM
It will take at least 50 years to get it. Look at the Redskins, they obviously aren't getting an handle on it... Maybe we should just scrap it. How many more preseason games like that can we take??

Maybe we let them try the defense twice before we totally pass judgement...that seems fair.

cocamide
08-14-2010, 10:48 PM
The original poster's overreaction and Ingtar's inability to pick up on sarcasm make this thread priceless.