PDA

View Full Version : Jamon Meredith, play by play breakdown, from last night

X-Era
08-14-2010, 12:13 PM
Since its an important position, and since there is some disagreement about what he did last night. I want to give you my take, play by play, so we can break it down further.

Series 1, 1st qtr
11:59, 1st and 10 at BUF 20 F.Jackson right guard to BUF 24 for 4 yards (L.Landry, K.Golston). Moves back #64 on the run play.

11:15, 2nd and 6 at BUF 24 F.Jackson right end to BUF 31 for 7 yards (K.Moore). PENALTY on WAS-K.Moore, Face Mask (15 Yards), 15 yards, enforced at BUF 31. Fires out and pushes back #98, Orakpo.

10:45, 1st and 10 at BUF 46 T.Edwards pass short right to J.Stupar pushed ob at WAS 47 for 7 yards (A.Carter, D.Hall). Slid well, and contained Orakpo.

10:20, 2nd and 3 at WSH 47 T.Edwards pass short right to L.Evans ran ob at WAS 39 for 8 yards (R.McIntosh). Fires out and locks up #64.

9:47, 1st and 10 at WSH 39 T.Edwards pass short right to C.McIntyre to WAS 29 for 10 yards (D.Hall, C.Rogers). Runs out and pushes back Orakpo.

9:12, 1st and 10 at WSH 29 T.Edwards pass incomplete short right to L.Evans. Kick slid well and forced Orakpo wide and out of the play.

9:03, 2nd and 10 at WSH 29 (Shotgun) T.Edwards pass short middle to R.Parrish to WAS 22 for 7 yards (C.Rogers). Slid well again and pushed Orakpo off his feet and to the ground.

8:22, 3rd and 3 at WSH 22 (Shotgun) M.Lynch right end pushed ob at WAS 2 for 20 yards (P.Buchanon). PENALTY on BUF-J.Stupar, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at WAS 22 - No Play. Blocked #64 at the legs.

7:55, 3rd and 13 at WSH 32 (Shotgun) T.Edwards pass short left to M.Lynch pushed ob at WAS 20 for 12 yards (L.Fletcher). #64 gets the edge on him. It looks like he didnt continue to slide and maintain the wall. The ball was gone before he could get to Trent. He needs to realize that the pocket is deeper and slide further out.

4th and 1 at WSH 20 R.Lindell 38 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-G.Sanborn, Holder-B.Moorman. 3 0

------------------------------------------------

Series 2, 1st qtr

1:32, 1st and 10 at BUF 27 C.Spiller right end to BUF 38 for 11 yards (L.Fletcher). Gets pushed back a bit by #64 but maintains his block.

0:50, 1st and 10 at BUF 38 T.Edwards pass incomplete deep left to S. Johnson. Doubled up on #64 and took him out of the play. #52 was blocked behind the line by Spiller.

0:43, 2nd and 10 at BUF 38 (Shotgun) T.Edwards pass short right intended for L.Evans INTERCEPTED by D.Hall at BUF 45. D.Hall ran ob at BUF 12 for 33 yards (T.Edwards). Blocked #64. maintained position with good leverage.

Series 3, 2nd qtr

14:07, 1st and 10 at BUF 25 C.Spiller right guard to BUF 28 for 3 yards (L.Fletcher). Takes too high an angle on #64 who gets push around and behind him toward Spiller. However, he did maintain contact his hand contact.

Timeout #1 by BUF at 13:28.

13:28, 2nd and 7 at BUF 28 C.Spiller left tackle to BUF 28 for no gain (R.McIntosh, B.Orakpo). Fires out and dominates Fletcher. Took him out of the play on a run to his side. Stupar didn't maintain his block on Orakpo, Mcintosh, #52 went unblocked.

13:00, 3rd and 7 at BUF 28 (Shotgun) T.Edwards pass incomplete deep middle to L.Evans. Slid well but was beat around the edge in the 4th second after the snap by Orakpo. If Trent gets this ball out before the 3rd second, Orakpo had no play. He didn't anyway because Meredith pushed him wide enough to provide 3 seconds... actually 4. Orakpo got there after the ball was out. Meredith did his job. Ideally, you want him to push Orakpo even wider and not give him the edge at all, but you cant expect to have over 3 seconds to throw the ball.

4th and 7 at BUF 28 B.Moorman punts 54 yards to WAS 18, Center-G.Sanborn. B.Banks to WAS 42 for 24 yards (R.Torbor). PENALTY on WAS-K.Williams, Illegal Block Above the Waist, 10 yards, enforced at WAS 33.

-------------------------------------------------

Series 4, 2nd qtr

8:10, 1st and 15 at BUF 23 T.Edwards pass incomplete short right to L.Evans [P.Riley]. Slid out with the right angle to block #79 and took him out of the play. Riley went unplanned for and unblocked up the middle.

Timeout #2 by BUF at 08:05.

8:05, 2nd and 15 at BUF 23 (Shotgun) T.Edwards pass incomplete short left to S. Johnson. He didn't slide deep enough and got beat around the edge by #79 who tackled Trent to the ground. Trent again didn't throw the ball until the 4th second. Bell was beat but the ball needed to come out quicker. Watch Steve Johnson up end Haynesworth on this play! Its awesome.

8:01, 3rd and 15 at BUF 23 (Shotgun) T.Edwards pass short left to S. Johnson to BUF 37 for 14 yards (R.Doughty). Great job quickly sliding and taking out a #95. Stayed with him and maintained the pocket. Showed real good quickness.

Timeout #3 by BUF at 07:17.

4th and 1 at BUF 37 B.Moorman punts 54 yards to WAS 9, Center-G.Sanborn. B.Banks pushed ob at WAS 16 for 7 yards (A.Youboty).

Series 5, 2nd qtr

3:40, 1st and 10 at BUF 12 R.Fitzpatrick pass incomplete short right to J.Stupar. Fires out and gets a good push on #95.

3:34, 2nd and 15 at BUF 7 J.Bell left end to BUF 24 for 17 yards (A.Russell). Throws #95 out of the way and takes him out of the play. Goes to the 2nd level to block #54 and slows him, but the RB is already beyond him. Did go up field a bit too much on #54, he was behind him when he went to setup the block. He still slowed him enough to left Bell get by. But, when he threw #95, he made a nice hole for Bell.

2:56, 1st and 10 at BUF 24 J.Bell up the middle to BUF 27 for 3 yards (V.Holliday). Pushes into #79 but gets tossed around a bit. He blocked too high and didn't get set in a wide base.

2:15, 2nd and 7 at BUF 27 R.Fitzpatrick pass short middle to J.Bell to BUF 26 for -1 yards (P.Riley, R.Doughty). Blocks #7 on a quick play.

2:00, 3rd and 8 at BUF 26 (Shotgun) R.Fitzpatrick pass short middle to C.Jackson to BUF 30 for 4 yards (J.Tryon). Blocked #95 and slowed down #37 on a blitz.

4th and 4 at BUF 30 B.Moorman punts 45 yards to WAS 25, Center-G.Sanborn. B.Banks MUFFS catch, and recovers at WAS 21. B.Banks to WAS 19 for -2 yards (A.Moats, G.Wilson).

Series 6, 3rd qtr

15:00, 1st and 10 at BUF 20 C.Spiller left tackle to BUF 22 for 2 yards (B.Wade, P.Buchanon). Great job quick blocking #90, rolling off and still sliding out to block #95 and take him out of it. Dear Fitz, go back out to your back yard and work on throwing through the tire.

15:00, 2nd and 8 at BUF 22 R.Fitzpatrick pass incomplete deep middle to C.Jackson. Bottles up #90.

14:30, 3rd and 8 at BUF 22 (Shotgun) R.Fitzpatrick pass short middle to J.Bell to BUF 29 for 7 yards (P.Riley). Moves his feet quickly and walls off #90.

Series 7, 3rd qtr

13:00, 1st and 10 at BUF 26 J.Bell up the middle to BUF 28 for 2 yards (D.Scott). Fired out and pushed back #95.

12:30, 2nd and 8 at BUF 28 J.Bell right guard to BUF 30 for 2 yards (L.Alexander, J.Jarmon). No one to block.

11:45, 3rd and 6 at BUF 30 (Shotgun) R.Fitzpatrick pass incomplete short left to C.Jackson. Blocked a bit high but on #95 and got pushed back a bit but still prevented the penetration.

4th and 6 at BUF 30 B.Moorman punts 42 yards to WAS 28, Center-G.Sanborn. T.Austin to WAS 30 for 2 yards (C.Harris).

-------------------------------------------------------

Series 8, 3rd qtr

7:18, 1st and 10 at BUF 31 R.Fitzpatrick pass short left to D.Jones to BUF 38 for 7 yards (A.Russell, B.Westbrook). Blocks #54. Nelson bottles up #95 well.

6:45, 2nd and 3 at BUF 38 R.Fitzpatrick pass incomplete deep right to D.Jones. Weird play by Meredith here. He sticks his arms and hands together and straight out. #95 pushes him back and he goes off balance and stumbles. He will hear about that one. Non factor in this play but horrible technique.

6:38, 3rd and 3 at BUF 38 (Shotgun) R.Fitzpatrick pass incomplete short middle to D.Nelson (J.Tryon). Tried to do the same sort of thing with his hands. Got pushed around by #90. Stayed in position though and again it was a non factor in the play. It looks like hes trying to start with his hands inside the numbers, but he isn't getting them wide enough to get into his block. He hasn't done this all game, but suddenly on the last two plays he changes and does this.

4th and 3 at BUF 38 B.Moorman punts 56 yards to WAS 6, Center-G.Sanborn. T.Austin ran ob at WAS 6 for no gain.

Series 9, 3rd qtr

4:21, 1st and 10 at BUF 15 R.Fitzpatrick pass short left to D.Nelson to BUF 23 for 8 yards (L.Holmes). Fires out into #90.

4:04, 2nd and 2 at BUF 23 C.Simpson up the middle to BUF 28 for 5 yards (B.Westbrook, L.Holmes). Shows above average quickness when he fired out to block #90 and pushes him to the ground. Rolls off and goes to block #53 but Simpson is already past him.

3:11, 1st and 10 at BUF 28 R.Fitzpatrick pass short right to D.Nelson to BUF 40 for 12 yards (L.Holmes). Bottles up #90.

2:32, 1st and 10 at BUF 40 R.Fitzpatrick pass short right to D.Jones to WAS 48 for 12 yards (J.Tryon). Pulled out for a double team block on #75. Wasn't really in the play which went the other way.

1:51, 1st and 10 at WSH 48 C.Simpson right tackle ran ob at WAS 5 for 43 yards. Block at the knees on #95 which worked. It was the key block that got Simpson out of the backfield on that long run.

1:16, 1st and 5 at WSH 5 C.Simpson left end to WAS 5 for no gain (L.Holmes, C.Wilson). Blocked #75 in the hole. Didn't set his feet as wide as you would like and stand him up, but the block was effective enough. He did get tossed aside but still managed to take him out of the play. He has to set up with a wider stance on that block.

2nd and 5 at WSH 5 R.Fitzpatrick pass short right to D.Nelson for 5 yards, TOUCHDOWN. 9 35 Flat out owned #95 on this play. He created a wall, and wouldn't let him by.

R.Lindell extra point is GOOD, Center-G.Sanborn, Holder-B.Moorman. 10 35
R.Lindell kicks 66 yards from BUF 30 to WAS 4. T.Austin to WAS 27 for 23 yards (A.Coleman).

Meredith went out of the game at this point.

X-Era
08-14-2010, 12:22 PM
My overall analysis is this. If this game represents what he is and can do, he is absolutely good enough to start at LT in this league.

Positives: He is plenty athletic enough and can stay with the fast pass rushers. Hes plenty strong enough and pushes back or throws defenders at times. He basically played Orakpo as well as Williams played Maybin. He made him a non-factor. On a few plays he showed he can pull, and block at the second level.

Negatives: He needs to work on his technique still. He can take bad angles and be caught too high or not slide far enough and get beat around the edge. There were a few plays where he either blocked too high or didn't set his base wide enough. He also had two back to back downs where he lined up with this strange hand placement. Its all coach-able, and none of it appeared to be a consistent problem. He got beat around the edge once on a run play and beat around the edge twice on pass plays. Trent didnt get the ball out quick enough either time. Because of that, I would say Jamon did an adequate job.

He played very well in this game and was not a factor in any negative plays that I saw. Conversely, he made several key positive plays and showed the strength and athleticism needed for the position. If this continues and if he can improve his footwork and technique, he could be a very solid starter. But, as it stands, he is not a liability.

BillsWin
08-14-2010, 12:23 PM
It's weird. It's almost like he is awful in practice, but always plays well in games.

X-Era
08-14-2010, 12:23 PM
It's weird. It's almost like he is awful in practice, but always plays well in games.

Some players are like that.

Mahdi
08-14-2010, 12:25 PM
I thought he had a very strong game and will challenge Bell to start. Or maybe even Cornell Green.

JCBills
08-14-2010, 12:26 PM

It's hard to have the same mentality in practice that you would have in a game. Some guys turn it on at kickoff.

X-Era
08-14-2010, 12:30 PM
I thought he had a very strong game and will challenge Bell to start. Or maybe even Cornell Green.

I think he played just as well as Trent Williams did and can be a starting LT in this league. Its one game, lets see if he can do it consistently.

ddaryl
08-14-2010, 12:33 PM
well if meredith played well, then the other 4 OL must have been off the charts horrible

I didn't see any continuity out there... and couldn't even stomach the idea of watching that game again.

BillsWin
08-14-2010, 12:33 PM
I personally had a second round grade on Meredith coming out in the draft. I was surprised to see him go in the fifth. I think he has a lot of potential. Wood said he is the strongest lineman in the weight room.

I think the knock on him was fundamentals and the willingness to work on them in practice. But he appears to turn it up in games.

I like him. I think he has potential to not only beat Bell out and start, but be very solid. Particularly in the run game. He has a stronger push than Bell did last year.

X-Era
08-14-2010, 12:37 PM
well if meredith played well, then the other 4 OL must have been off the charts horrible

I didn't see any continuity out there... and couldn't even stomach the idea of watching that game again.

We had 3 starters out, Stupar looked actually very questionable as a blocker. Nelson actually did well as a blocker. But, Edwards held on to the ball too long. The interior and Chambers had more problems than Meredith.

ddaryl
08-14-2010, 12:38 PM
We had 3 starters out, Stupar looked actually very questionable as a blocker. Nelson actually did well as a blocker. But, Edwards held on to the ball too long. The interior and Chambers had more problems than Meredith.

yeah I know we had 3 starters out... but your 2nd string needs to hold it's own just the same.

I won't accept excuses like starters being out anymore... the OL just looked horrible...

QB pos looked worse

X-Era
08-14-2010, 12:39 PM
I personally had a second round grade on Meredith coming out in the draft. I was surprised to see him go in the fifth. I think he has a lot of potential. Wood said he is the strongest lineman in the weight room.

I think the knock on him was fundamentals and the willingness to work on them in practice. But he appears to turn it up in games.

I like him. I think he has potential to not only beat Bell out and start, but be very solid. Particularly in the run game. He has a stronger push than Bell did last year.

Its not that he doesn't play fundamentally sound. Its that he doesn't consistently do it. On most plays he plays very sound, but then he will have a few plays where he uses poor technique. If he can improve his consistency, he will be fine.

X-Era
08-14-2010, 12:41 PM
yeah I know we had 3 starters out... but your 2nd string needs to hold it's own just the same.

I won't accept excuses like starters being out anymore... the OL just looked horrible...

QB pos looked worse

I have been clamoring for years to replace these never-has-beens like Chambers with much more solid vets. Guys like Simmons last year would be ideal. Go ahead and start the guys with upside but expect injuries and have solid vets who can step in. When you rely on Chambers, Howard, et al as your primary backups, they will end up playing, injuries happen, and our offense will suffer.

dasaybz
08-14-2010, 12:53 PM
Very well done X-Era.

Beebe's Kid
08-14-2010, 01:24 PM
I have been clamoring for years to replace these never-has-beens like Chambers with much more solid vets. Guys like Simmons last year would be ideal. Go ahead and start the guys with upside but expect injuries and have solid vets who can step in. When you rely on Chambers, Howard, et al as your primary backups, they will end up playing, injuries happen, and our offense will suffer.

I thought Howard was seeing a lot of reps, and was looking pretty good?

Who does Chambers have pictures of, or what is his relation to Ralph?

JCBills
08-14-2010, 01:49 PM
I thought Howard was seeing a lot of reps, and was looking pretty good?

Who does Chambers have pictures of, or what is his relation to Ralph?

I got a good laugh from the second line, it's probably true haha.

Night Train
08-14-2010, 03:45 PM
I didn't even bother grading the OL because of all the missing pieces and constant shuffling but the Meredith observations are outstanding.

Excellent post.

wmoz11
08-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Wow, thanks for putting in the time. It confirms what most of us saw the first time, but it's nice to see the detail and get a "scouting report" on the guy. Good work.

CAbills
08-14-2010, 04:24 PM
It is strange. The reviews on Meredith last night seem to have polar opposite takes. Some people think he was horrible others solid. Just from casual watching though you can just see the time that the skin QBs had vs. the Bills. Whether that is the a cause of better o-line or better d-line I dont know.

X-Era
08-14-2010, 04:34 PM
Wow, thanks for putting in the time. It confirms what most of us saw the first time, but it's nice to see the detail and get a "scouting report" on the guy. Good work.

I cant promise I will do it every week since I may not be able to record the game and it takes some significant time. And I will have to shift to college once the college season begins to prepare for next years draft.

But, if any of you want a play by play analysis of a player in each of these games, I will try to accommodate you. Lets keep it to one player each week though.

X-Era
08-14-2010, 04:36 PM
It is strange. The reviews on Meredith last night seem to have polar opposite takes. Some people think he was horrible others solid. Just from casual watching though you can just see the time that the skin QBs had vs. the Bills. Whether that is the a cause of better o-line or better d-line I dont know.

I think its because their QB had more spots to throw to, our D line didn't get much pressure, and our o-line had some shotty play at times.

I think it was a mixed bag.

CAbills
08-14-2010, 04:38 PM
Yea I agree, Wood will definately help the right side and Green HAS to be better then Chambers. Im not sold on Bell yet, I dont think anyone is. Good break down though!

Johnny Bugmenot
08-15-2010, 06:04 AM
I'll admit: after bashing the O-line for the past four months, particularly the LT position, that Jamon Meredith did a decent job Friday night. Given the team's current situation, he should be the starter.

JCBills
08-15-2010, 08:39 AM
I'll admit: after bashing the O-line for the past four months, particularly the LT position, that Jamon Meredith did a decent job Friday night. Given the team's current situation, he should be the starter.

I think another strong showing can solidify his spot, Bell is going to have to do a whole lot to win that job. Meredith still needs tech work, but he looks like he refined it a good amount in the offseason. My money's still on him starting. Called this months ago :D

HHURRICANE
08-15-2010, 09:38 AM
Sadly, Meredith is probably going to be better than Bell which doesn't say much.

Jan Reimers
08-15-2010, 09:42 AM
Bell might be a better option at right tackle, where Green is barely adequate.

JCBills
08-15-2010, 09:44 AM
Sadly, Meredith is probably going to be better than Bell which doesn't say much.

Not sure why that's sad, Meredith should be better, he wasn't nearly as raw coming out of college, and unlike Bell, doesn't lack strength and a good punch. Still has a ways to go, but I think that if he keeps playing well and improving, this can be looked at as a great move by the organization. A lot of Packers fans seemed to feel they lost their future LT.

HHURRICANE
08-15-2010, 09:44 AM

Actually I think Meredith would be a very adequate right tackle. I think we need an LT because it doesn't exist on this team unless Bell has been injected with super powers during his recovery.

JCBills
08-15-2010, 09:47 AM
Actually I think Meredith would be a very adequate right tackle. I think we need an LT because it doesn't exist on this team unless Bell has been injected with super powers during his recovery.

I think he has the power to play right and the athleticism for left. Bell did 9 reps of 225, yeah that was over a year ago, but I doubt he has the ideal strength for RT, where they usually deal with bigger, stronger players. If Meredith pans out at LT, OT could still be a need going into next year's draft, except we'd be looking for a mauler.

Mahdi
08-15-2010, 09:50 AM
I think Bell is more of a finesse OT and his strength is his athleticism, he is more suited to LT. Meredith is also athletic but also stronger which would help him at RT.

I can definitely see Meredith winning the LT job though because I believe he has the skills to play on the blindside.

X-Era
08-15-2010, 10:01 AM

I don't know what you are seeing. Trent Williams did about the same job against Maybin that Meredith did on Orakpo. Maybin also got to the QB after he threw the ball.

I your simply wishing for a franchise LT, that would be nice. But, I don't think its a requirement to be successful.

HHURRICANE
08-15-2010, 10:17 AM
I don't know what you are seeing. Trent Williams did about the same job against Maybin that Meredith did on Orakpo. Maybin also got to the QB after he threw the ball.

I your simply wishing for a franchise LT, that would be nice. But, I don't think its a requirement to be successful.

After the first series, Edwards got constant pressure in series 2,3, and 4. People like to look at stats when it's convenient but the Riley "almost sack" where Edwards threw away the ball counts as an incompletion even though Edwards had no chance of completing a pass. That's one example.

Meredith struggled to hold the left side in those series. It's one pre-season game and I'm hoping he plays better in the next one but based on what I've seen so far he is no answer at LT.

JCBills
08-15-2010, 10:24 AM
After the first series, Edwards got constant pressure in series 2,3, and 4. People like to look at stats when it's convenient but the Riley "almost sack" where Edwards threw away the ball counts as an incompletion even though Edwards had no chance of completing a pass. That's one example.

Meredith struggled to hold the left side in those series. It's one pre-season game and I'm hoping he plays better in the next one but based on what I've seen so far he is no answer at LT.

He prevented the abysmal QB play from looking even worse. You and I seem to have seen different things, because what I saw suggests that he could progress towards being a very good LT. He's young, and a lot of people seem to forget, players can and do get better, it's not like guys come into the league and are as good as they'll ever be at that point. With that simple fact taken into account, I'd say what he showed suggests he could have a very bright future at LT. What you might have seen as someone struggling might have just been a good battle on that play. Nobody owns their man every snap of every game. I think that with realistic expectations, Meredith at least met them in the first showing. He didn't allow a sack to a team that placed 6th in that department last season.

X-Era
08-15-2010, 10:36 AM

I feels like you are saying the line struggled and therefore Meredith struggled. That simply not true. At the very worst, Meredith only held Orakpo for 3 seconds on that play. Would it be nice for him to hold it for 4? 5? 6? sure. But, we cant expect that on every play. No linemen in this league does that, none. And that was the only play where he got even close to sacking him. Yet in every other instance in the plays you keep pointing to Meredith did a good job.

Again, and you will need to go back and watch it, Riley went unblocked and unaccounted for, Meredith locked into his man and did his job. It could have been the RB's fault or that we simply did have the right protection called, none of that is Meredith's fault.

HHURRICANE
08-15-2010, 10:42 AM
I feels like you are saying the line struggled and therefore Meredith struggled. That simply not true. At the very worst, Meredith only held Orakpo for 3 seconds on that play. Would it be nice for him to hold it for 4? 5? 6? sure. But, we cant expect that on every play. No linemen in this league does that, none. And that was the only play where he got even close to sacking him. Yet in every other instance in the plays you keep pointing to Meredith did a good job.

Again, and you will need to go back and watch it, Riley went unblocked and unaccounted for, Meredith locked into his man and did his job. It could have been the RB's fault or that we simply did have the right protection called, none of that is Meredith's fault.

Riley wasn't Meredith's fault. I was just using that as an example of how an incompletion gets charged to the QB when it's obvious that it was impossible for him to make a completion with 2.2 seconds in the pocket (you timed 1.8 seconds :))

I just posted another thread that you may like.

Mahdi
08-15-2010, 11:00 AM

The pressure didn't come from the left side. Other parts of the line were leaky at times but Meredith was consistent and from what I can tell getting better. He has the raw skills to be very good. He needs more seasoning though.

JCBills
08-15-2010, 12:22 PM
The pressure didn't come from the left side. Other parts of the line were leaky at times but Meredith was consistent and from what I can tell getting better. He has the raw skills to be very good. He needs more seasoning though.

Exactly, he showed some good things to build on. All he needs is more experience.

X-Era
08-15-2010, 12:59 PM
Riley wasn't Meredith's fault. I was just using that as an example of how an incompletion gets charged to the QB when it's obvious that it was impossible for him to make a completion with 2.2 seconds in the pocket (you timed 1.8 seconds :))

I just posted another thread that you may like.

Thanks for clarifying! :up:

Goobylal
08-15-2010, 04:43 PM
Does anyone think that Skins fans are freaking out because Orakpo couldn't get a sack or even much pressure against the Bills' backup LT? I think Bell has no shot at LT barring injury. And I think Green will be decent at RT, IF he can keep the penalties down.

Michael82
08-15-2010, 05:36 PM
Great post, X-Era! I was also watching Meredith and thought he did well myself. The right side of the line was atrocious and Chambers should be cut. Howard was okay, but thank God we have Wood.

Mahdi
08-15-2010, 06:22 PM
Great post, X-Era! I was also watching Meredith and thought he did well myself. The right side of the line was atrocious and Chambers should be cut. Howard was okay, but thank God we have Wood.
Actually I thought Cordaro Howard was very good. He is a good run blocker and does well on the move. Im betting he will be our #1 backup guard.

Johnny Bugmenot
08-15-2010, 07:00 PM
Does anyone think that Skins fans are freaking out because Orakpo couldn't get a sack or even much pressure against the Bills' backup LT? I think Bell has no shot at LT barring injury. And I think Green will be decent at RT, IF he can keep the penalties down.
We can only hope. Unfortunately, as of now, Bell is still listed as this team's starter. I don't agree with it, obviously, but that's where he stands.

casdhf
08-15-2010, 08:27 PM
Did Calloway play at all?

Goobylal
08-15-2010, 10:42 PM
We can only hope. Unfortunately, as of now, Bell is still listed as this team's starter. I don't agree with it, obviously, but that's where he stands.
With all the talk in the off-season about Bell being the starter, I thought it was the coches just trying to keep Meredith from getting complacent. However when TC opened, Bell returned, and was made the starter, I thought WTF! He didn't look so hot last year, missed all of the off-season, and I'd coming off injury. At this point, if they make Bell the starter again, I'll start to get concerned about the personnel decisions. Then again, if Bell starts and dominates...

JCBills
08-15-2010, 10:46 PM
With all the talk in the off-season about Bell being the starter, I thought it was the coches just trying to keep Meredith from getting complacent. However when TC opened, Bell returned, and was made the starter, I thought WTF! He didn't look so hot last year, missed all of the off-season, and I'd coming off injury. At this point, if they make Bell the starter again, I'll start to get concerned about the personnel decisions. Then again, if Bell starts and dominates...

If Bell starts and dominates we would all be witness to a miracle. That's a huuuuuge if.