PDA

View Full Version : Want to see more of Brohm and Brown

ChristopherWalken
08-15-2010, 07:40 AM
I've seen enough of Edwards and Fitz. We know already what we are getting with them. I don't expect either to get any better.

It's obvious to me that the QB starting position is anything but locked up.

Show me some more Brohm and Brown with the 1st string. Seriously, could it be any worse than what we've already seen?

My expectations on the season were already low. I was thinking around 4-5 wins. After the watching that horrendous display in that game, my expectations have drastically plummeted.

Mark my words, if Edwards starts the season, we will be 0-5 going into the bye week.

Yasgur's Farm
08-15-2010, 07:44 AM
You'll have to run it by HH.

ChristopherWalken
08-15-2010, 08:07 AM
Anyone catch Trent's passer rating for Friday?

29.2% !!!

Out of the 84 QBs that have played thus far this pre-season, Trent is ranked 80 out of 84.

I know stats usually mean very little, especially in the preseason....but seriously, 80 out of 84 is not acceptable.

This guy is not an NFL caliber QB.

To put things in perspective, JP Losman is ranked 81 of 84.

Novacane
08-15-2010, 08:10 AM
Trent played well Friday. Just ask HH. Guys like you and me are just to dumb to see it or to stubborn to admit it.

HHURRICANE
08-15-2010, 09:35 AM
What are you arguing with me about? You really believe that Edwards isn't going top be the starter? Really? He's been #1 in camp, he started on Friday, he's starting this Thursday. This leaves one more prep game for the home opener as they never play the starters long in the 4th pre-season game.

If Brohm was legitmately in this fight he wouldn't have missed the entire 1st pre-season game.

Don't get mad at me that the coaches have already made their mind up.

This is a potential fight for the # 2 sopt although I think Fitzpatrick has a lock on that as well but I'll leave that for debate.

This isn't about me thinking Edwards is great, or even good. It's about me being realistic about the situation.

JCBills
08-15-2010, 09:39 AM
What are you arguing with me about? You really believe that Edwards isn't going top be the starter? Really? He's been #1 in camp, he started on Friday, he's starting this Thursday. This leaves one more prep game for the home opener as they never play the starters long in the 4th pre-season game.

If Brohm was legitmately in this fight he wouldn't have missed the entire 1st pre-season game.

This is a potential fight for the # 2 sopt although I think Fitzpatrick has a lock on that as well but I'll leave that for debate.

This isn't about me thinking Edwards is great, or even good. It's about me being realistic about the situation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmMRaUX-QSM&feature=related

Jan Reimers
08-15-2010, 09:40 AM
I actually agree with all of you. Trent is terrible, but our other guys are worse.

HHURRICANE
08-15-2010, 09:42 AM
Trent played well Friday. Just ask HH. Guys like you and me are just to dumb to see it or to stubborn to admit it.

Never said Edwards played well. How many posts have I already written that the INT was stupid. Some people offered up some excuses that Evans should have come back for the ball and I killed that. I said he had a good "first series", which he did. He got alot of pressure after that which I timed. That's also a fact.

I'm sorry that there isn't a QB on this roster that can challenge him. Not my fault.

justasportsfan
08-15-2010, 10:15 AM
Trent would have played better if HH wasnt hanging on to Trents nuts

better days
08-15-2010, 10:30 AM

Most teams don't play starters in the 4th game, but most teams don't play their starting QB for most of a half of the 1st game either. This Bills team is unique do to the fact the QB position is unsettled.

If Trent has another game next week like the last game, he should drop to #3 on the pecking order. If not the whole open competition at QB was a joke.

shelby
08-15-2010, 11:20 AM
i agree with HH that Edwards will be the starter. Whether we like it or not.

:puke:

better days
08-15-2010, 11:31 AM
i agree with HH that Edwards will be the starter. Whether we like it or not.

:puke:

Well if HH & you are correct that open competition was a sham.

BillsWin
08-15-2010, 12:35 PM
Prediction: If Brohm plays well against the Colts on Thursday he will see first team reps against Cincinnati.

But he has to show he deserves it first.

djjimkelly
08-15-2010, 12:40 PM
Prediction: If Brohm plays well against the Colts on Thursday he will see first team reps against Cincinnati.

i hope your right!

Michael82
08-15-2010, 12:56 PM

I hope you're right...but I doubt it. It's been obvious who they want to be their starter from all the reps in training camp. A big majority have gone to Trent Edwards...then this rotate every other day thing with Brohm and Fitzpatrick have led me to believe that the only position truly up for grabs is the #2 QB job. If Brian Brohm does well on Thursday, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get more reps next week in camp and then take the #2 reps against Cincy.

And with china doll Trent Edwards as the starter, you know that it's only a matter of time until the backup sees the field anyways.

Extremebillsfan247
08-15-2010, 01:08 PM
I've seen enough of Edwards and Fitz. We know already what we are getting with them. I don't expect either to get any better.

It's obvious to me that the QB starting position is anything but locked up.

Show me some more Brohm and Brown with the 1st string. Seriously, could it be any worse than what we've already seen?

My expectations on the season were already low. I was thinking around 4-5 wins. After the watching that horrendous display in that game, my expectations have drastically plummeted.

Mark my words, if Edwards starts the season, we will be 0-5 going into the bye week.Your about to get your wish, well sort of. Fitzpatrick will be sitting out Thursday and it will be Edwards, Brohm, and then Brown. Brohm is going to get his chance to show what he has. If He plays better than Fitzpatrick did and Edwards stinks it up again, we are all going to have an uh oh moment. lol Since Edwards is going to be the first guy out there, he better have himself quite a performance. If he turns out to be as bad as he was Friday, I imagine that it's going to be awfully hard for Gailey to not weigh his other options at the position. Your right, this thing isn't over just yet despite popular opinion to the contrary.

BertSquirtgum
08-15-2010, 01:09 PM
i hate our qb situation.

BillsWin
08-15-2010, 01:10 PM
I hope you're right...but I doubt it. It's been obvious who they want to be their starter from all the reps in training camp. A big majority have gone to Trent Edwards...then this rotate every other day thing with Brohm and Fitzpatrick have led me to believe that the only position truly up for grabs is the #2 QB job. If Brian Brohm does well on Thursday, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get more reps next week in camp and then take the #2 reps against Cincy.

And with china doll Trent Edwards as the starter, you know that it's only a matter of time until the backup sees the field anyways.
Mikey, I think too much is being read into Edwards getting all the first team reps. He earned that right in OTAs.

What are you going to do in training camp? You need one person to take the first team reps. Especially at QB. That is what the pecking order is for.

BUT, if Brohm comes out and does very well against the 2s, what is Gailey going to do?

His job as head coach is to put the players on the field who give the team the best chance to win. So if Brohm earns the right for some reps with the ones he'll get it.

That is, IF Gailey wasn't lying out of his ass about it being a truly open competition.

Nighthawk
08-15-2010, 05:32 PM
That stadium will be very angry should Fitz or Edwards continue to suck and Chan keeps them in there. I'm not sure that Chan knows how badly everybody hates those two...it might get ugly.

Michael82
08-15-2010, 05:44 PM
That stadium will be very angry should Fitz or Edwards continue to suck and Chan keeps them in there. I'm not sure that Chan knows how badly everybody hates those two...it might get ugly.

I could definitely see it getting ugly. When Edwards had a bad night practice at training camp, there was a big group of people taunting him, harassing him about his hair and even booing him. This is freaking practice...imagine if it's a real game.

Night Train
08-15-2010, 05:46 PM
i agree with HH that Edwards will be the starter. Whether we like it or not.:puke:

Edwards has every opportunity to blow it and he's well on his way.

Mr. Pink
08-15-2010, 08:12 PM
You won't see Brohm and Brown with the first team offense for the same reason you didn't see Hamdan with them before.

They all suck even more than the guys above them...outside of Brown who is raw and needs development at this juncture of his career.

justasportsfan
08-16-2010, 09:43 AM
We need Brown to develop. Like it or not, we need an arm that can take advantage of the speed we have at wr. I don't think we'll ever get full use of Lee with Trents arm. After all this time Trent still tends to throw behind Lee even on a cross route.

better days
08-16-2010, 09:51 AM

I doubt the stadium gets all that angry. The game is in Toronto, not Buffalo. It is not really a Bills home game, more like a neutral site.

Nighthawk
08-16-2010, 12:01 PM
I doubt the stadium gets all that angry. The game is in Toronto, not Buffalo. It is not really a Bills home game, more like a neutral site.

I wasn't talking about the preseason game...I'm talking about the regular season.