X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChristopherWalken
    • Dec 2002

Want to see more of Brohm and Brown

I've seen enough of Edwards and Fitz. We know already what we are getting with them. I don't expect either to get any better.

It's obvious to me that the QB starting position is anything but locked up.

Show me some more Brohm and Brown with the 1st string. Seriously, could it be any worse than what we've already seen?

My expectations on the season were already low. I was thinking around 4-5 wins. After the watching that horrendous display in that game, my expectations have drastically plummeted.

Mark my words, if Edwards starts the season, we will be 0-5 going into the bye week.
  • Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

Re: Want to see more of Brohm and Brown

You'll have to run it by HH.

Comment

• ChristopherWalken
      • Dec 2002

Anyone catch Trent's passer rating for Friday?

29.2% !!!

Out of the 84 QBs that have played thus far this pre-season, Trent is ranked 80 out of 84.

I know stats usually mean very little, especially in the preseason....but seriously, 80 out of 84 is not acceptable.

This guy is not an NFL caliber QB.

To put things in perspective, JP Losman is ranked 81 of 84.

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

Trent played well Friday. Just ask HH. Guys like you and me are just to dumb to see it or to stubborn to admit it.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

What are you arguing with me about? You really believe that Edwards isn't going top be the starter? Really? He's been #1 in camp, he started on Friday, he's starting this Thursday. This leaves one more prep game for the home opener as they never play the starters long in the 4th pre-season game.

If Brohm was legitmately in this fight he wouldn't have missed the entire 1st pre-season game.

Don't get mad at me that the coaches have already made their mind up.

This is a potential fight for the # 2 sopt although I think Fitzpatrick has a lock on that as well but I'll leave that for debate.

This isn't about me thinking Edwards is great, or even good. It's about me being realistic about the situation.

Comment

• JCBills
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            What are you arguing with me about? You really believe that Edwards isn't going top be the starter? Really? He's been #1 in camp, he started on Friday, he's starting this Thursday. This leaves one more prep game for the home opener as they never play the starters long in the 4th pre-season game.

If Brohm was legitmately in this fight he wouldn't have missed the entire 1st pre-season game.

This is a potential fight for the # 2 sopt although I think Fitzpatrick has a lock on that as well but I'll leave that for debate.

This isn't about me thinking Edwards is great, or even good. It's about me being realistic about the situation.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

I actually agree with all of you. Trent is terrible, but our other guys are worse.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Novacane
                Trent played well Friday. Just ask HH. Guys like you and me are just to dumb to see it or to stubborn to admit it.

Never said Edwards played well. How many posts have I already written that the INT was stupid. Some people offered up some excuses that Evans should have come back for the ball and I killed that. I said he had a good "first series", which he did. He got alot of pressure after that which I timed. That's also a fact.

I'm sorry that there isn't a QB on this roster that can challenge him. Not my fault.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Trent would have played better if HH wasnt hanging on to Trents nuts
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

Most teams don't play starters in the 4th game, but most teams don't play their starting QB for most of a half of the 1st game either. This Bills team is unique do to the fact the QB position is unsettled.

If Trent has another game next week like the last game, he should drop to #3 on the pecking order. If not the whole open competition at QB was a joke.

Comment

• shelby
                      The Vanilla *****
                      • Jul 2002

i agree with HH that Edwards will be the starter. Whether we like it or not.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by shelby
                        i agree with HH that Edwards will be the starter. Whether we like it or not.

Well if HH & you are correct that open competition was a sham.

Comment

• BillsWin
                          man amongst boys
                          • Oct 2008

Prediction: If Brohm plays well against the Colts on Thursday he will see first team reps against Cincinnati.

But he has to show he deserves it first.
                          I am The Batman.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by BillsWin
                            Prediction: If Brohm plays well against the Colts on Thursday he will see first team reps against Cincinnati.

i hope your right!

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsWin

I hope you're right...but I doubt it. It's been obvious who they want to be their starter from all the reps in training camp. A big majority have gone to Trent Edwards...then this rotate every other day thing with Brohm and Fitzpatrick have led me to believe that the only position truly up for grabs is the #2 QB job. If Brian Brohm does well on Thursday, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get more reps next week in camp and then take the #2 reps against Cincy.

And with china doll Trent Edwards as the starter, you know that it's only a matter of time until the backup sees the field anyways.

Comment

Working...
                              X