PDA

View Full Version : just throwing something out there

wozrob11
08-15-2010, 08:03 AM
Does anybody think if we start off as bad as everybody predicts that lee evans would request a trade . He clearly is a great wr that is double teamed every play ,we have a bunch of qb 's that cant get the ball to him and we are a team that is clearly rebuilding . just saying does he want to waste the rest of his prime years in the bottem tear of the nfl. If so what could we get for him saying some one take his salery?Believe me i dont want him to go but it is what it is

Novacane
08-15-2010, 08:07 AM
I think Evans is good but not great but then again he's never had a QB worth a **** so who knows. The most they'd get would be a 2nd or 3rd. I don't think he's getting traded.

psubills62
08-15-2010, 08:11 AM
I think Evans is better than his average stats suggest over his career. However, he's played on a sucky Bills team this long, even signing an extension with them. I don't think he's that egotistical, to be honest.

ChristopherWalken
08-15-2010, 08:12 AM
I would trade Lee Evans if it meant getting a decent LT.

To some this might sound like cutting off an arm to get a leg, but after watching and playing football for 31 years, I am a firm believer that it all starts with the lines.

Build your lines first and then fill in the blanks.

JCBills
08-15-2010, 08:50 AM
Before we go getting crazy, let's see how Lee and Brohm work together.

Even in Brohm's lone start last season, he got the ball to Lee and T.O. way more than their average rec / game during that season.

JCBills
08-15-2010, 08:57 AM
I would trade Lee Evans if it meant getting a decent LT.

To some this might sound like cutting off an arm to get a leg, but after watching and playing football for 31 years, I am a firm believer that it all starts with the lines.

Build your lines first and then fill in the blanks.
Big Ben won a ring with the league's worst OL, and our LT just had a strong showing.

Football starts and ends with the QB, at least right now it does. Either you have someone who can take chances and make plays, or you don't. Peyton Manning hasn't had a premier LT protecting his blind side for a few years now. It's a playmaker league now. Insert a playmaker at QB onto our team, and Lee would be averaging 90 yds a game, and forced to respect the pass, the run game opens up.

shelby
08-15-2010, 09:23 AM
Brohm won't be our starter.

Evans has talent which doesn't get showcased due to our lack of a real QB...makes me sad.

Jan Reimers
08-15-2010, 09:30 AM
Brohm won't be our starter.

Evans has talent which doesn't get showcased due to our lack of a real QB...makes me sad.
I agree. Lee could have had a spectacular career for us, if not for the clown parade at QB.

Luisito23
08-15-2010, 09:33 AM
makes me sad.

Why? The guy is making millions of dollars playing a game.

JCBills
08-15-2010, 09:33 AM
I agree. Lee could have had a spectacular career for us, if not for the clown parade at QB.

I forget who wrote it, but the comment on some site was that if Lee was playing in Indy he'd be on his way to Canton.

HHURRICANE
08-15-2010, 09:49 AM
Lee Evans is unfortunately part of the problem. I find it funny how is mediocrity is blamed on the QB and offense but the QB's play is not linked to the worst o-line in football.

The truth is that Lee Evans is no Fitzgerald, and Edwards is no Favre.

We have no superstars on this team. Not one.

Ickybaluky
08-15-2010, 10:02 AM
Peyton Manning has never had a premier LT protecting his blind side.

What the hell was Tarik Glenn?

BTW, Evans has shown he is a primier deep threat, but he has never shown in his career the ability to work the middle of the field. Would he be better with the right QB? Sure, but that doesn't mean he would be in the HOF. I am not sure what he would be, but there is more to being a great WR than running deep routes.

JCBills
08-15-2010, 10:06 AM
What the hell was Tarik Glenn?

I'll re-phrase that then. Hasn't for the last few years, and he's been doing juuuuuust fine.

Even then, the Big Ben, Eli Manning, and so on model holds true. You don't need an all-pro LT to win. I forget who put it together, but wasn't the average draft position of championship winning OLs like the 4th or 5th round?

Ickybaluky
08-15-2010, 10:27 AM
I'll re-phrase that then. Hasn't for the last few years, and he's been doing juuuuuust fine.

Even then, the Big Ben, Eli Manning, and so on model holds true. You don't need an all-pro LT to win. I forget who put it together, but wasn't the average draft position of championship winning OLs like the 4th or 5th round?

Usually, LT are drafted high. Other than that, they are drafted all over. After Glenn was done, Indy traded their next year's first round pick to get Tony Ugoh. He couldn't hold up at LT and was moved to the right side, swapping positions with Charles Johnson. Jeff Saturday was undrafted, but is one of the best at his position and the guy that makes that Indy line run.

LT is a critical position, which is why they are drafted at premium positions. Look at the top LT in the NFL and they are usually high picks: Joe Thomas, Jake Long, Ryan Clady, Marcus McNeil, Jared Gaither or Michael Oher, Michael Roos, D.Brickashaw Ferguson, Jordan Gross. LT are hard to find, occasionally a team might get lucky and find one later, but that is rare. I don't see anyone on the Bills roster who qualifies. It is something they will have to address.

JCBills
08-15-2010, 10:39 AM
Usually, LT are drafted high. Other than that, they are drafted all over. After Glenn was done, Indy traded their next year's first round pick to get Tony Ugoh. He couldn't hold up at LT and was moved to the right side, swapping positions with Charles Johnson. Jeff Saturday was undrafted, but is one of the best at his position and the guy that makes that Indy line run.

LT is a critical position, which is why they are drafted at premium positions. Look at the top LT in the NFL and they are usually high picks: Joe Thomas, Jake Long, Ryan Clady, Marcus McNeil, Jared Gaither or Michael Oher, Michael Roos, D.Brickashaw Ferguson, Jordan Gross. LT are hard to find, occasionally a team might get lucky and find one later, but that is rare. I don't see anyone on the Bills roster who qualifies. It is something they will have to address.

Yeah I know, but taking an early OT guarantees nothing. D'Brick was pretty much awful until his 3rd season. Gaither was a 5th rounder in the supp. draft. Eli won is with 5th rounder David Diehl. Warner came close with 3rd rounder and former Bill Mike Gandy.

For every 1st round OT hit, there are usually 3-4 misses. The trend has also picked up in recent years, OTs have been the hot commodity in the 1st.

I see one person that qualifies, hopefully he can be consistent.

k-oneputt
08-15-2010, 10:44 AM
Of course the Bills don't have a LT or a QB.
It's only been the same problem year after year for the last ten years or so.
You would think in the last decade they would have used a top pick on a qb or left tackle. They have a qb that falls into their lap in the 2nd rd. and they still don't take a chance on him.
And next year we will be going into the draft saying the same thing, we need a qb and a left tackle.

SABURZFAN
08-15-2010, 10:44 AM
Does anybody think if we start off as bad as everybody predicts that lee evans would request a trade . He clearly is a great wr that is double teamed every play ,we have a bunch of qb 's that cant get the ball to him and we are a team that is clearly rebuilding . just saying does he want to waste the rest of his prime years in the bottem tear of the nfl. If so what could we get for him saying some one take his salery?Believe me i dont want him to go but it is what it is

if Evans does request a trade, i think the Bills should do everything they can to do it. i don't think they should give him away but if he doesn't want to be here, get what they can get and hope the move can improve the future of the team.

YardRat
08-15-2010, 11:23 AM
I don't recall Evans getting doubled against Washington, or very much all of last season either.

better days
08-15-2010, 11:29 AM
Yeah I know, but taking an early OT guarantees nothing. D'Brick was pretty much awful until his 3rd season. Gaither was a 5th rounder in the supp. draft. Eli won is with 5th rounder David Diehl. Warner came close with 3rd rounder and former Bill Mike Gandy.

For every 1st round OT hit, there are usually 3-4 misses. The trend has also picked up in recent years, OTs have been the hot commodity in the 1st.

I see one person that qualifies, hopefully he can be consistent.

Mike Williams comes to mind.

Raptor
08-15-2010, 12:15 PM
I think Evans and K.Williams names are going to be involved in a lot of trade rumors all the way up to the deadline

Jan Reimers
08-15-2010, 12:24 PM
I think Evans is one of our truly talented players, on a roster not that rich in talent. I say we retain the few quality players we have.

Extremebillsfan247
08-15-2010, 01:33 PM
I think Evans is good but not great but then again he's never had a QB worth a **** so who knows. The most they'd get would be a 2nd or 3rd. I don't think he's getting traded. Wow, could you imagine the career he would've had with Peyton Manning throwing to him? Yeah, things like what happened when he went over 200 yards receiving against the Texans awhile back? he would have a lot more of those going. lol JMO

BertSquirtgum
08-15-2010, 01:39 PM
I forget who wrote it, but the comment on some site was that if Lee was playing in Indy he'd be on his way to Canton.

there should be no denying this by anyone.

psubills62
08-15-2010, 01:46 PM
Evans doesn't work the field much, but is that because we haven't had a QB that can throw to the middle of the field or because Evans just doesn't have that ability?

Extremebillsfan247
08-15-2010, 01:50 PM
Evans doesn't work the field much, but is that because we haven't had a QB that can throw to the middle of the field or because Evans just doesn't have that ability?When is the last time the Bills had a receiver worth a dam playing opposite of Lee that managed to be here for more than one season? Honest question...

Johnny Bugmenot
08-16-2010, 07:03 AM
That's not true. LTs are a surer thing than other positions when you're drafting that high. D'Brick panned out eventually. Jake Long did well enough in Miami. Trent Williams seemed to do OK last week, even with his first ever NFL appearance. Bryant McKinnie made the Pro Bowl. Orlando Pace was a Pro Bowler, too. I can only think of one real bust in that time frame, and that was the Bills' own Mike Williams.

I still maintain that LT is a safer bet with a top-10 draft pick like that than other positions such as QB and WR. While it may not be the only way to get a franchise LT, it is a good way to secure it for a very long time.