X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Before we freak out about our offense!

You guys probably missed this but both Gailey and Edwards admitted that after Lynch and Jackson got hurt they had to radically modify the offensive gameplan. Alot of the work that they are doing in camp has both of them as an integral part of it.

So before we freak out on the QBs, and the offensive line, I'm sure that both were put in a compromising position with those two injuries.

Just trying to find the silver lining. Maybe that's why the first drive looked good and everything fell apart after that.
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Before we freak out about our offense!

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
    You guys probably missed this but both Gailey and Edwards admitted that after Lynch and Jackson got hurt they had to radically modify the offensive gameplan. Alot of the work that they are doing in camp has both of them as an integral part of it.

So before we freak out on the QBs, and the offensive line, I'm sure that both were put in a compromising position with those two injuries.

Just trying to find the silver lining. Maybe that's why the first drive looked good and everything fell apart after that.
    Well that could be a silver lining if true. I heard on the radio yesterday Jackson is expected to miss the rest of the preseason. I did not hear anything about Lynch, so hopefully no news is good news.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by better days
      Well that could be a silver lining if true. I heard on the radio yesterday Jackson is expected to miss the rest of the preseason. I did not hear anything about Lynch, so hopefully no news is good news.
      I think they can run the offense with the 3 guys they have left but they have to know the plays. Obviously Spiller hasn't the practice time that Jackson and Lynch have had.

If your 2 starters that you gameplanned with both leave the game after the first series it's going to change what you can do.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
        short bus extraordinaire
        • Jul 2002

i don't recall anybody freaking out about the RB situation. despite the injuries, i feel good about the young kids. it appears that Edwards and Gailey are making excuses for their piss poor performances.
        Originally posted by yordad
        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

I don't know if I can buy that. It's pre-season...Plug in Spiller, Bell, and Simpson and roll with the gameplan.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
            I don't know if I can buy that. It's pre-season...Plug in Spiller, Bell, and Simpson and roll with the gameplan.

thank you........
            Originally posted by yordad
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
              My battery is low and it's getting dark.
              • Apr 2004

All I remember was that they were moving the ball fairly easily and Trent even recognized a litz and hit Parrish on a quick slant for + yards. They looked much more polished and efficient than any first pre-season game I can remember. Then, the wheels came off.
              The O-line is going to be a problem.

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

The first drive was good if you're happy with a field goal. Some of us may want more.
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by Philagape
                  The first drive was good if you're happy with a field goal. Some of us may want more.
                  The first drive was ruined by a Stupar holding penalty.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                    Zero for Zero!
                    • Mar 2003

A touchdown on every single drive!!!!!!

The first drive was encouraging.

The rest of the game was horrifying.
                    Originally posted by mysticsoto
                    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                      • Apr 2005

excuses

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                        The first drive was ruined by a Stupar holding penalty.
                        A ruined drive is not "good."

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter
                        A touchdown on every single drive!!!!!!
                        If the drive is to be called "good," yes.
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!
                          • Mar 2003

A drive can be good if it results in points. A TD is not necessary for it to be good.

One has to take into consideration of a number of factors like starting position (i.e. a drive starts at teams on one yard line. A FG is a good drive), where the offense has been (i.e. the Bills offense, gaining yards and moving the ball in their first drive on their first pre-season game is a good drive), weather, who is in the game and many other factors.
                          Originally posted by mysticsoto
                          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

I understand that, and I am very concerned about our stupid penalties - the Stupar hold, and the two drive extenders (Maybin and Davis mistakes) that led to their first 2 TDs. It is way too reminiscent of the last several years.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter
                              A drive can be good if it results in points. A TD is not necessary for it to be good.

One has to take into consideration of a number of factors like starting position (i.e. a drive starts at teams on one yard line. A FG is a good drive), where the offense has been (i.e. the Bills offense, gaining yards and moving the ball in their first drive on their first pre-season game is a good drive), weather, who is in the game and many other factors.
                              The drive didn't start at the 1.
                              And I don't evaluate drives compared to how awful the offense has been before. I want NFL good, not Bills good.
                              That drive was meh. Elementary passing, a killer penalty, and giving up on 3rd and 13 is not what I call good.
                              A good drive is a drive that will help the Bills win games. That drive does not qualify as such.

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X