PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Out 4-6 Weeks, Lynch Out 3-4 Weeks

JCBills
08-15-2010, 12:26 PM
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2010/08/fred-out-46-weeks.html

Buffalo Bills running back Fred Jackson will be out four to six weeks with a broken bone in his left hand, sources tell The News. Jackson suffered the injury in the Bills' preseason opener Friday night against the Washington Redskins.

Meanwhile, running back Marshawn Lynch is expected to be out three to four weeks with the sprained ankle he suffered against Washington.

Jan Reimers
08-15-2010, 12:28 PM
CRAP! But we're lucky to have Spiller, Bell and Simpson.

SABURZFAN
08-15-2010, 12:33 PM
CRAP! But we're lucky to have Spiller, Bell and Simpson.

i hope they do great and force Jackson or Lynch to be expendable.

HHURRICANE
08-15-2010, 12:50 PM
Wow unbelievable. This team is ****ing jinxed.

more cowbell
08-15-2010, 12:53 PM
this team is a complete disaster just take this season off...save the money you would have spent and bring in talent next year

buffalobillsfan95
08-15-2010, 01:04 PM
The beginning of the shoble curse :(

BertSquirtgum
08-15-2010, 01:12 PM
i agree. the luck of this team is worth about as much as a pile of ****.

BertSquirtgum
08-15-2010, 01:13 PM
this team is a complete disaster just take this season off...save the money you would have spent and bring in talent next year

EAD........... hater

Michael82
08-15-2010, 01:36 PM
Wow! We are definitely cursed! Well, the good news is that it may now be easier for the team to decide to keep 4 or even 5 Runningbacks. But this may make it so we only keep 5 WRs. The best part about this is that Spiller will now get a ton more reps and Bell will get his chance to impress. :up:

Demon
08-15-2010, 01:59 PM
Two weeks ago, everyone wanted Lynch cut. Now, that he's injured, we're "cursed". This is just getting us a step closer to where we want to go..... high pick to get a top notch QB.

Michael82
08-15-2010, 02:02 PM
Two weeks ago, everyone wanted Lynch cut. Now, that he's injured, we're "cursed". This is just getting us a step closer to where we want to go..... high pick to get a top notch QB.

http://images.athlonsports.com/d/16263-1/JakeLocker_003.jpg

:dream:

AB4now
08-15-2010, 02:15 PM
Lets all just hope that this "top notch QB" doesn't turn out as big of a bust as our last couple high pick players have....... all i know is that with these injuries we will get to see alot more of Bell. i think he could be one of our best undrafted "steals".:peace:

Dr. Lecter
08-15-2010, 02:17 PM
They might have to sign a RB for practice reps.

Ebenezer
08-15-2010, 02:27 PM
no jinx...it's the conditioning program, remember? Where, oh where, is Rusty Jones??

Demon
08-15-2010, 02:44 PM
Lets all just hope that this "top notch QB" doesn't turn out as big of a bust as our last couple high pick players have....... all i know is that with these injuries we will get to see alot more of Bell. i think he could be one of our best undrafted "steals".:peace:

Everybody knows a NFL team can't have success without a viable quarterback. Trent Edwards is not a QB. I honestly believe, he gained majority of his "hype" because he was not named JP Losman. Edwards never even played that great in college. What we see now, is pretty much how he's been his entire career.

I guess we will just have to trust our management staff to pick the right guy, if thats Locker, Andrew Luck, Ryan Mallett or Christian Ponder. Two, maybe three of these guys will be very good players every Sunday, one, maybe two, won't be. Given our track record with picks, i doubt we get the right guy, but, who knows? Until we have a good QB here, we'll never be more then a 8 win team and it won't matter if we are a top 10 defense or not or if CJ Spiller is the truth or not.

ddaryl
08-15-2010, 02:45 PM
I have to agree.. somehow some way a Bills fan has done somethng so evil it has cursed the Bills for enternity

MikeInRoch
08-15-2010, 02:58 PM
no jinx...it's the conditioning program, remember? Where, oh where, is Rusty Jones??

I know you are being sarcastic, but what is the over/under for how long until there is a serious thread that blames the front office for these injuries? 2 days?

Beebe's Kid
08-15-2010, 06:31 PM

I've heard wonderful things about his hand-bone strengthening, and his ankle-sprain prevention program...

There is not amount of conditioning that would have prevented these injuries.

Johnny Bugmenot
08-15-2010, 09:16 PM
What about the turf??? Buffalo's one of only two teams (the lowly St. Louis Rams being the other) that uses that particular brand of artificial turf at the stadium-- is it any coincidence that this team consistently has more injuries than the league average? Maybe it's not conditioning, but something does have to be done about this.

Dr. Lecter
08-15-2010, 09:25 PM
What about the turf??? Buffalo's one of only two teams (the lowly St. Louis Rams being the other) that uses that particular brand of artificial turf at the stadium-- is it any coincidence that this team consistently has more injuries than the league average? Maybe it's not conditioning, but something does have to be done about this.

They have not been on that turf this year.

Electrici
08-15-2010, 09:29 PM
Jeez our 3-headed monster has turned into a 1 headed monster that hasn't played a regular season game in his career, and all it took was one offensive series in the first preseason game!

Knock on wood, but I would have expected Spiller to be the first of the group to get hurt. I sincerely hope not, but when you're talking about Buffalo luck........ watch out!

Atleast we'll see what the youngn's can do.

Ebenezer
08-15-2010, 09:31 PM
they have spent exactly 0 minutes and 0 seconds on the home turf this preseason and the game was on the road...the injury list is like 15 players...please explain that??

Johnny Bugmenot
08-16-2010, 06:32 AM
they have spent exactly 0 minutes and 0 seconds on the home turf this preseason and the game was on the road...the injury list is like 15 players...please explain that??
OK, I wasn't sure if that was a home or away game this past week (like I said, I missed the game), so obviously not the cause of the latest round of injuries. Still... something to chew on. This is beyond random luck, and anyone who thinks otherwise needs to have their head examined. There has to be a solution, but first the cause has to be found before it can be rectified.

DraftBoy
08-16-2010, 07:51 AM
Hate losing two backs like this but it gives Spiller, and Bell more carries which has me excited at least. Simpson looked damn good as well and Im interested to see what this Anderson kid can do.

trapezeus
08-16-2010, 09:01 AM
i don't think we have to sacrifice WR's that we think have talent to keep more RBs. I know you can't do this, but the team shouldn't bother carrying any offensive linemen backups. its not like another team is going to come in and scoop up the backup to our starting line that are pretty much backups.

HHURRICANE
08-16-2010, 09:03 AM
It's like a dog getting caught in bear trap. The Bills players are willing to chew their paw off not to have to play on this team.

HHURRICANE
08-16-2010, 09:04 AM
Hate losing two backs like this but it gives Spiller, and Bell more carries which has me excited at least. Simpson looked damn good as well and Im interested to see what this Anderson kid can do.

Joquie Bell looks so good but he seems to be behind Simpson. Why is this?

BertSquirtgum
08-16-2010, 10:15 AM
It's like a dog getting caught in bear trap. The Bills players are willing to chew their paw off not to have to play on this team.

that is truly a scumbag comment.

DraftBoy
08-16-2010, 10:25 AM
Joquie Bell looks so good but he seems to be behind Simpson. Why is this?

Rookie v. Veteran

madness
08-16-2010, 11:34 AM
It's official. We now have zero backs that can consistently pick up the blitz. :doh:

northernbillfan
08-16-2010, 11:52 AM
They have not been on that turf this year.And they were injured in Washington, not Buffalo