PDA

View Full Version : MY Top 25 going into this Season

tampabay25690
08-15-2010, 03:08 PM
I am going to do my very own TOP 25 for this season....

I will do a write up every day or 2 a day depending on my schedule.....
Feel Free to give me feedback........

I will post top 25 later tonite and start with the obvious ALABAMA......

tampabay25690
08-15-2010, 04:25 PM
#1 ALABAMA

This was quite easy on every POLL.
This year the Crimson Tide are as loaded as ever.
Some may say only returning 1 Starter on Defense this team may struggle.
Yea they may but they still have playmakers on Defense.

The Defense will be lead by All American DONT'A HIGHTOWER who will probably be 1 of the top LB'S in the Nation this guy may be as good or better then ROLANDO MCCLAIN.

On Offense this team is loaded returning 9 starters.
QB Craig McElroy, RB Mark Ingram (2009) Heisman winner, RB Trent Richardson, WR Julio Jones.

I will say playing in the SEC is bad enough buut they have a hell of a schedule and going Undefeated will be harder then last year.

Sept 11 PENN STATE comes to BAMA
Sept 25th at ARKANSAS a top 25 team
OCT 2 FLORIDA
OCT 23 at TENN
NOV 6 at LSU
NOV 26 AUBURN

I dont see them winning every game this year.....That's a HELL of a schedule.....

Next up #2 TEXAS

tampabay25690
08-16-2010, 08:16 PM
#2 TEXAS

Last years runner up in the National Championship comes back with a very Good Football Team again.

Returning 5 on Offense the team will be lead by QB Garrett Gilbert who took over for Colt McCoy in the National championship.

Returning 6 on Defense will be lead by All American Aaron Williams the Jr CB. Sam Acho will be the edge rusher that lead the team with 10 sacks last year.

It looks like the Longhorns will play a different offense this year sort of like Florida with the departure of there Star to the NFL. Look for Gilbert to be under Center a bit more and the Longhorns will pound the ball....Look for Fozzy Whittaker and Tre Newton to get the majority fo the carries.

The Longhorns have a pretty favorable schedule.

Sept 25 UCLA
Oct 2 OKLAHOMA (in Dallas)
Nov 25 Texas A&M

The reason why I have Texas #2 is the favorable schedule and the experience that Gilbert got from last years National Championship. Look for TEXAS to be in the hunt ofr a BCS game again this year.....

Next up # 3 OHIO STATE

tampabay25690
08-25-2010, 09:17 AM
#3 OHIO STATE

Well this was a tuff one and Im strictly going with this because of talent alone....
Most of you know how I feel about the BIG Ten and again Ohio St will be on the top playing for a Possible Natl Championship.

Returning 8 starters on Offense and all eyes are on Terrelle Pryor, I think most want to see if the game can slow down for him. He has all the talent in the world and if he can play like he did in the Rose Bowl VS Oregon he could make a bid for the Heisamn trophy this year...I look forward to seeing how he can play with all the pressure on him this year.....

Returning 6 players on Defense Cameron Heyward is the anchor of this team and a definite top 10 draft pick in the 2011 Draft....Ross Homan LB returns with leading the Buckeyes in Tackles last year with 108 and 5 INTS......

This team will run into a few hurtels and usually they play there tuff games in Columbus.....Well this year they have to travel to IOWA, and WISCONSIN.....

Not an easy schedule that the Buckeyes are use to and I applaud that...

Sept 11 THE U comes to Columbus
OCT 16 AT WISCONSIN
OCT 23 PURDUE
OCT 30 at MINN
NOV 13 PENN ST and OHIO ST has 2 weeks to prepare for the LIONS..
NOV 20 at IOWA
NOV 27 MICHIGAN

I see the Buckeyes at least losing 1 game this year and could see 2 loses....
Still play for the ROSE Bowl at the end.......

Next up #4 FLORIDA

tampabay25690
08-25-2010, 09:54 AM
#4 FLORIDA GATORS

Well the team I know the most about and I have them right at #4...

We all know they are talking a hit losing 1 of the best College players ever to play the agme in TIM TEBOW and there is no pressure on 1 guy in College football then JOHN BRANTLEY QB.....

This team losing alot to the NFL draft is still loaded..

Returning 5 on Offense. John Brantley QB will put up some Gaudy numbers this year throwing the ball. He has a rocket of an arm. Running the ball they have Chris Rainey, Jeff Demps, and Emanuel Moody. Last year they racked up 1700 yards and 16 TD's........Look slike Rainey will spend time in the slot as the Percy Harvin position catching and running the ball. Demps and Rainey are maybe the 2 fastest RB'S in the nation. WR is where this team will struggle they return Deonte Thompson who had 350 yards and 4 TD's lat year and they want to see what Andre Debose can do this is a very talented guy that was down all last year with an injury.....The Offensive Line is solid and anchored by the OTHER Pouncey Twin that will take care of the Center duties......

On Defense this team Returns 4. But this is the Strength of this team. The Secondary is probably the Best in the NATION. You have WILL Hill, and Ahmad Black as your safteies and both guys will be playing on Sundays after this season. CB postion has 1 of the best in the Country in Janoris Jenkins who will be a 1st round pick next year. LB crew is very solid with AJ JONES, Brandon Hicks. A sophomore will be taking over for the departed BRANDON SPIKES.....

Well this season could go a few different ways and it depends who steps up. There is NO Tim Tebow to give speeches this year..

Pretty difficult schedule for the Gators just like every other year in the SEC....

Sept 11 USF
Sept 18 at TENNESSEE
OCT 2 at ALABAMA
OCT 9 LSU
OCT 30 GEORGIA in JAX Worlds largest Cocktail party
NOV 13 SOUTH CAROLINA
NOV 27 at FSU

Next up #5 BOISE ST

I see the gators probably dropping 2 this year.......

tampabay25690
08-25-2010, 12:49 PM
#5 BOISE ST

Well in Most Polls I see Boise ranked from #3 to #5.
I have them at #5 and I don't think they will be there long at all....

This almost reminds me of AMERICA'S TEAM everyone wants to see them win and they usually win the bigger games.....

They are returning the most players in a TOP 5 team that I have seen.

Returning 10 on Offense and 10 on Defense......
Last year they went 14-0 and finished #4 in the AP POLL

Most probably don't know many of the players on this team and to be honest I have to do some research as well.

QB they are lead by KELLEN MOORE last year this guy put up STUPID numbers 3,536 and 39 TD'S........WR AUSTIN PETTIS had 63 catches and 14 TD'S in 09 and was out late in the season with an ankle injury......

DEFENSE who cares you don't need Defense in the WAC ...........

They have 1 of the softest schedules in NCAA football......BUT 1 obstacle the 1st game......

My #8 Ranked team V-TECH in Landover, MD this will be pretty much a home game for V-TECH and I think V-TECH will beat BOISE in this game.

SEPT 6 V TECH
SEPT 25 Oregon ST
These are the only 2 games I see Boise having trouble with.

If Boise win's VS V TECH they will probably run the table and with that SOFT schedule they should.......................

Next up #6 IOWA

Bufftp
08-31-2010, 01:28 PM
Uhhhhhm the season's about to start!
(not that I care about who's up next are anything.... really)

tampabay25690
08-31-2010, 04:23 PM
Uhhhhhm the season's about to start!
(not that I care about who's up next are anything.... really)
You just want to see what I have to say about IOWA.....

I will have my next 3 up prob tonite.............
I am so busy right now......................
Thanks for reading by the way..

tampabay25690
08-31-2010, 10:08 PM
#6 IOWA

I think the Polls have this pretty accurate Iowa at #6.

After a Stellar Orange Bowl VS G Tech the Hawkeyes are returning 14 total starters back from this team. When you have Kirk Ferentz running this team you know they will come to play.

On Offense they are returning 6 players. Rick Stanzi QB is the Leader of this squad going 18-3 with him under Center. Last year he had a solid year late. Threw a total of 17 TDS but 12 INT'S. He was much better late in the season. Derrell Johnson Koulianos is there weapon on Offense and Special Teams, Has Lead the Hawkeyes the past 3 seasons in receiving. There running game will be much improved with Robinson, Wegher, and Hampton.

On Defense they are returning 8. The Leader and Orange Bowl MVP ADRIAN CLAYBORN is back for his SR year and thei is the most dominant D-Lineman in College ball. Had 11.5 sacks 20 Tackles for loss in 09. Will be a solid top 10 pick in the 2011 draft. Tyler Sash is the JR Safety that lead the D with 6 INT'S

This team is Solid and should push for the BIG 10 and a possible BCS game.

Month of Sept is favorable for them.

Sept 18 at ARZ
Oct 2 Penn ST
Oct 16 at Michigan
Oct 23 Wisconsin
Oct 30 Mich St
Nov 20 OHIO ST (huge game and maybe for the BIG 10) In Iowa City.............

I like this team alot this year.
Solid as they come.............

Next up #7 TCU

tampabay25690
08-31-2010, 10:20 PM
#8 TCU

Most may argue with my ranking of TCU here but Im sorry you have 1 game on your schedule that is worth talking about. The softest schedule in Collge football for a top 10 team. Most Polls have them around 3-5.
TCU has come a long way and this team will get the marquee games in the next few years. We all know the schedules and contracts for top games were made years ago.

Returning 16 STARTERS the is team was 12-1 last year losing to Boise St .

On Offense they return 9 starters. lead by QB and Mountain West Conference Player of the Year Andy Dalton. Quick stat Dalton will break Sammy Baughs record for wins at TCU before this year is over. We all know Sammy Baugh was 1 of the best QB'S to ever play the game. The offense will be explosive ranking 5th last year with 38 points a game. 7th in the Country with 456 yards per game.

On Defense they are returning 7. Well who needs defense if you score 38 a game. last year they were solid on this side of the ball but losing Hughes, and Washington they still have playmakers. Tank Carder is there LB that takes over leadership duties 2nd last year in tackles with 89.

Like I said very soft schedule and they should breeze threw it.

SEPT 4th OREGON ST (in Arlington, Texas)
Sept 24 at SMU
Oct 16 BYU
NOV 6 at UTAH

Could see the Undefeated or possibly losing 1 game here......

Next #9 V TECH

DraftBoy
09-01-2010, 10:53 AM
You skipped the number 7 team, went from 6 to 8. Great work thus far though!

tampabay25690
09-04-2010, 06:15 AM
You skipped the number 7 team, went from 6 to 8. Great work thus far though!

#7 is suppose to be TCU

tampabay25690
09-05-2010, 10:53 AM
Sorry everyone doesnt look like I will finish..Here is is the rest of the TOP 25 BEFORE yesterday.........

#8 V TECH
#9 NEBRASKA
#10 MIAMI Fl
#11 OREGON
#12 OKLAHOMA
#13 WISCONSIN
#14 PITT
#15 USC
#16 LSU
#17 G TECH
#18 ARKANSAS
#19 NC
#20 AUBURN
#21 FSU
#22 GEORGIA
#23 STANFORD
#24 CINCINNATI
#25 PENN ST

psubills62
09-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Sorry everyone doesnt look like I will finish..Here is is the rest of the TOP 25 BEFORE yesterday.........

#8 V TECH
#9 NEBRASKA
#10 MIAMI Fl
#11 OREGON
#12 OKLAHOMA
#13 WISCONSIN
#14 PITT
#15 USC
#16 LSU
#17 G TECH
#18 ARKANSAS
#19 NC
#20 AUBURN
#21 FSU
#22 GEORGIA
#23 STANFORD
#24 CINCINNATI
#25 PENN ST

Good job.

Six SEC teams in the top 22? I don't see it, especially 5 in the top 20. A little bit of homerism never hurt anyone, though. It's your opinion.

In the end, I don't think Florida or Alabama will end up undefeated. Though I wouldn't be surprised to see them get into the title game, simply because the voters can't help but put some team from the SEC in there. This may be the first year in a while, though, if OSU and Boise State run the table and Bama/Florida both falter.

tampabay25690
09-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Good job.

Six SEC teams in the top 22? I don't see it, especially 5 in the top 20. A little bit of homerism never hurt anyone, though. It's your opinion.

In the end, I don't think Florida or Alabama will end up undefeated. Though I wouldn't be surprised to see them get into the title game, simply because the voters can't help but put some team from the SEC in there. This may be the first year in a while, though, if OSU and Boise State run the table and Bama/Florida both falter.

To be honest this might be the best rankings I have had for the BIG TEN ever.
I do think they bounce back and make the conference proud...

psubills62
09-05-2010, 07:38 PM
To be honest this might be the best rankings I have had for the BIG TEN ever.
I do think they bounce back and make the conference proud...

I noticed that too :up:

tampabay25690
09-06-2010, 08:21 AM
I noticed that too :up:

I still think top to bottom the SEC is the best conference but the BIG TEN has definitely made a move.

I think the PAC 10 takes a hit this year.......