PDA

View Full Version : What was with the delayed handoffs by Fitz?

BillsWin
08-15-2010, 06:42 PM
A couple of times when Fitzpatrick was in he did something really weird with his handoffs. Almost like he was hesitating to hand the ball to the backs. It was almost like everyone on the field was going regular speed while Fitz was just standing there with his arm slowly coming out.

Am I the only one who noticed this?

I was watching with some co-workers at a bar and they were pointing it out. In between laughs of course. :(

JCBills
08-15-2010, 07:03 PM
A couple of times when Fitzpatrick was in he did something really weird with his handoffs. Almost like he was hesitating to hand the ball to the backs. It was almost like everyone on the field was going regular speed while Fitz was just standing there with his arm slowly coming out.

I was watching with some co-workers at a bar and they were pointing it out. In between laughs of course. :(

...were they delay or draw plays? I was watching Meredith :P

Jeff1220
08-15-2010, 07:11 PM
I noticed that too. Not a delay by design, and definitely not a draw, just a QB that was slow and obvious in his hand off that his pre-snap signals might as well be: "Hey. D. See that guy? The guy behind me 5 yards or so? He'll have the ball in 3-2-Huuuuut."

BillsWin
08-15-2010, 07:14 PM
...were they delay or draw plays? I was watching Meredith :P

No, they weren't which was why they were so weird...

I guess it's a great mystery. Maybe it is part of Gailey's offense? If it is, it's goofy looking.

JCBills
08-15-2010, 07:21 PM
No, they weren't which was why they were so weird...

I guess it's a great mystery. Maybe it is part of Gailey's offense? If it is, it's goofy looking.

Fitz is goofy looking.

BillsWin
08-15-2010, 07:25 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed it though.

I wonder what he was doing.

Nighthawk
08-15-2010, 07:48 PM
Fitz is goofy looking.

and sucks...he needs to be cut!

Mr. Pink
08-15-2010, 08:06 PM
and sucks...he needs to be cut!

All the QBs need to be cut. Unfortunately someone has to stand back there.

Mahdi
08-15-2010, 08:27 PM

The play is designed that way. The delay in the hand-off gets the defense flowing to one direction and sets up your OL to establish seal off blocks. It worked on the Simpson and Lynch long runs.

BillsWin
08-15-2010, 09:04 PM
The play is designed that way. The delay in the hand-off gets the defense flowing to one direction and sets up your OL to establish seal off blocks. It worked on the Simpson and Lynch long runs.

It was weird to see them do it a few times. But hey, if it works it doesn't matter how goofy it looks.

Hogwasher
08-15-2010, 10:03 PM
Those plays looked busted because they were poorly executed. I thought for a second we were running a form of option with fitz when I saw that.

Mahdi
08-15-2010, 10:03 PM
It was weird to see them do it a few times. But hey, if it works it doesn't matter how goofy it looks.
I guess it's a staple of Gailey's offense because they did it a few times.

Beebe's Kid
08-16-2010, 12:28 PM
I guess it's a staple of Gailey's offense because they did it a few times.

I also noticed a few fake pitches then hand off...whatever we can do.

HHURRICANE
08-16-2010, 12:32 PM
I noticed that too. Not a delay by design, and definitely not a draw, just a QB that was slow and obvious in his hand off that his pre-snap signals might as well be: "Hey. D. See that guy? The guy behind me 5 yards or so? He'll have the ball in 3-2-Huuuuut."

That's funny crap.

This is as bad as Trents padding the ball 40 times before he throws it. DBs get ready, it's coming, it's coming, here ya go.