PDA

View Full Version : Expectations after Friday's game?

Zero
08-16-2010, 12:10 AM
Now I know its only the first preseason game, but Ive read alot of optimistic predictions of a 6-7 win season and I was hoping to see if people were still willing to stick by these predictions after Friday's debacle.

I was not at all surprised by how poorly we played and I expect 4 wins tops this year, given all the obstacles this team faces. Hoping I eat crow...but my worst expectations were realized when I saw that game.

BillsWin
08-16-2010, 12:19 AM
Im going to wait until the Poz, Wood and Green are back before I get too riled up. I think all three are instant and big time upgrades. Id also like to see our new schemes get a few more preseason games in the book. But my optimism is down a bit since Sat.

Extremebillsfan247
08-16-2010, 02:22 AM
I think getting beat that bad on Friday may have done more to help this team mentally than hurt it. They have no doubts now that they have a lot of work to do in order to make this work. Football Players are natural competitors and no one likes to get shown up like that. I'm still holding up some hope of a turn around. Maybe its the homer in me. lol Whatever you want to call it, I think this team is only going to get better as this season goes on. Nothing unites a team more than adversity. I'm just glad that happened in the first preseason game and not when it counted. This team just got its measuring stick so to speak. I'm really interested in seeing how they respond to that come Thursday.

SABURZFAN
08-16-2010, 06:57 AM
i expect the same crap that i've seen for the last decade. :hang:

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
08-16-2010, 07:29 AM
This is depressing, and I am not basing this opinion on Friday night, but the level of talent on the field and on the sidelines is so low; I honestly think this team might not win a game until the last quarter of the season. It's gonna be tough to watch.

TacklingDummy
08-16-2010, 07:35 AM
I expect the number 1 pick in the draft. 1 or 2 extra wins don't mean anything when they finish 5-11.

HHURRICANE
08-16-2010, 07:36 AM
Honestly, on Friday night I was thinking that I had seriously overrated the potential of this team and coach. I was ready to revise from 8 wins to 2 wins.

Add to this that the strength of this team is the running game and now we are without are best RB in Fred Jackson. Lynch gets no practice time until the home opener and that also hurts. The RBs are so essential to this offense operating and keeping pressure off of the QB.

If we can at least get Lynch ready for week 1 I still think we can get beat the fins. That game is probably the most important game of the year for us.

If we puke it up this Thursday I'll be ready for Locker in a Bills uniform.

Gibran Chandan
08-16-2010, 07:49 AM
After last week, I'm not expecting us to even put on a good show. I had originally been hoping for relatively close games this pre-season, but between last week's showing and the fact that we destroyed the Colts' second stringers in the last game of the regular season last year, I see us winding up on the wrong side of a major butt kicking.

psubills62
08-16-2010, 09:29 AM
I'm expecting a 3-4 win season, but I still have hopes for 6-7 wins.

better days
08-16-2010, 10:02 AM

I would rather see a 3-4 win season than a 6-7 season myself. If the Bills only win 3 games the odds are VERY good to get a great QB in the next draft.

Jan Reimers
08-16-2010, 10:07 AM
I expect my consumption of Ketel One to be at an all time high this season.

psubills62
08-16-2010, 10:08 AM
I would rather see a 3-4 win season than a 6-7 season myself. If the Bills only win 3 games the odds are VERY good to get a great QB in the next draft.

That's true. I'd especially like to see a low win total if Luck enters the draft. If not, I might be more inclined to get a top LT or WR.

hydro
08-16-2010, 10:15 AM
We need to bottom out. People can claim it is a losing attitude all they want but I am sick of the 5-7 win seasons. Just take our lumps this year and some next and get this team truly rebuilt with young talent. Anyone that is clamoring for a vet QB or any player to try to win this season is just never going to be happy with this season's outcome. They are going to be bad and I expect it. I just going to look forward to seeing players grow.

BAM
08-16-2010, 10:46 AM
We might be better than 1 or 2 teams

Night Train
08-16-2010, 11:10 AM
4-6 wins, depending on who's at QB.

If it's Edwards.. 2.

DraftBoy
08-16-2010, 11:41 AM
3-13 or 4-12, sticking by my perdictions from earlier. This team has a severe lack of talent, people convincing themselves otherwise wasn't going to magically change that.

justasportsfan
08-16-2010, 12:19 PM
We need to bottom out.

We've already bottomed out.

DraftBoy
08-16-2010, 12:21 PM
We've already bottomed out.

No we didn't, not even close.

OpIv37
08-16-2010, 12:26 PM
I predicted 5-11 and nothing I saw was enough to make me change that. The D might be OK if Poz and the NT's can contribute. The O looks horrendous and I don't see much hope for them. I know Green, Bell and Wood were out, but Wood is the only one of the 3 who is really an upgrade over the back-ups.

HHURRICANE
08-16-2010, 12:28 PM
I had us winning 8 games but I might revise down alot after Thursday.

Gailey looked lost out there and he was supposed to be one of my reasons for playing better.

For those who missed it Gailey had said before the game he wanted to win the game. So he went in wanting to win a pre-season game and lost 42-17. OUCH!!

Dr. Lecter
08-16-2010, 01:34 PM
3-13. Just like before the game.

TacklingDummy
08-16-2010, 06:26 PM
6 0r 7 wins get you a pick in the 5-10 spot. I'd rather have 2-4 wins.

Hogwasher
08-16-2010, 11:58 PM
12-4, with a super bowl win.

SABURZFAN
08-17-2010, 12:10 AM
4-6 wins, depending on who's at QB.

If it's Edwards.. 2.

Edwards will be lucky if he stays healthy for two games.

Zero
09-07-2011, 07:19 PM
Now I know its only the first preseason game, but Ive read alot of optimistic predictions of a 6-7 win season and I was hoping to see if people were still willing to stick by these predictions after Friday's debacle.

I was not at all surprised by how poorly we played and I expect 4 wins tops this year, given all the obstacles this team faces. Hoping I eat crow...but my worst expectations were realized when I saw that game.

Figured I'd bump this thread from last year for laughs. I'm sure we'll be saying the same things next year LOL