PDA

View Full Version : Bills Future, what I would do.

Extremebillsfan247
08-16-2010, 06:22 AM
If I were in Chan Gailey's shoes, I would send Nix to look for a Veteran QB that can take a beating for 1 to 2 seasons, keep one of these QBs in this competition as a backup, and take Levi Brown under his wing so to speak, and build him up from scratch.
We all know what Gailey did for QBs like Thigpen, but what about making Levi his project QB? How good can this young QB really be with the proper teacher? more importantly, what does this team really have to lose at this point? JMO.... What are your thoughts on the direction this team should take? I'm not asking for the ultimate GM explanation, just your opinion.

The King
08-16-2010, 07:35 AM
I think Nix's approach is to hold on to his draft picks for dear life. His philosophy is to build through the draft so I dont think parting with draft picks for a QB is really an option for this guy... So I think the key is look for someone expendable on the roster that could bring us a middle tier back-up QB.

We have DB depth, but the way this team gets injured I dont know if you can risk parting with any situational players.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
08-16-2010, 07:37 AM
I think that given our current team situation, we absolutely need a veteran QB that has had some success here. I am not saying that that person would have any better results than our current crew, I am just afraid that the wheels are going to come off this jitny after 6-8 complete drubbings, and there will be no leadership coming from the QB position.

My top choice would be Jeff Garcia; then Daunte Culpepper, then Josh McCown.
Make no mistake. These guys are not great. They are not going to lead us to the playoffs. But they might just give us a chance to be competetive every week, and keep us from going 0-16.

HHURRICANE
08-16-2010, 07:50 AM
I said we should have gone out and got Michael Vick. None of these QBs are going to be able to handle the pass rush that is sure to come this year.

The King
08-16-2010, 08:03 AM
I think that given our current team situation, we absolutely need a veteran QB that has had some success here. I am not saying that that person would have any better results than our current crew, I am just afraid that the wheels are going to come off this jitny after 6-8 complete drubbings, and there will be no leadership coming from the QB position.

My top choice would be Jeff Garcia; then Daunte Culpepper, then Josh McCown.
Make no mistake. These guys are not great. They are not going to lead us to the playoffs. But they might just give us a chance to be competetive every week, and keep us from going 0-16.

Culpepper has become way to comfortable losing.

Chris Simms might be a good option too.

trapezeus
08-16-2010, 10:04 AM
i don't think any moves at qb without a serious upgrade in the line play will make a difference in the record.

The bills remain terrible.

psubills62
08-16-2010, 10:14 AM
Garcia wouldn't be terrible, I'd personally look into Sage Rosenfels. Inconsistent, but flashes of ability are more than our current QB's can say.

DraftBoy
08-16-2010, 10:39 AM
I would trade players like Kelsay, and other out of position vets for draft picks and stockpile everyone that I can.

Johnny Bugmenot
08-16-2010, 06:46 PM
Garcia? Culpepper? McCown? What, did you randomly pick names from the UFL starting rosters? You realize that's the same league that featured such luminaries as JP Losman, Mike McMahon, Quinn Gray, and Brooks Bollinger, right?

BillsWin
08-16-2010, 07:16 PM
I'd turn back time and not fire Polian.

YardRat
08-16-2010, 08:10 PM
Any ideas as to what QB's might be due to hit FA next season?

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
08-16-2010, 08:24 PM
Garcia? Culpepper? McCown? What, did you randomly pick names from the UFL starting rosters? You realize that's the same league that featured such luminaries as JP Losman, Mike McMahon, Quinn Gray, and Brooks Bollinger, right?

He who hesitates masturbates. That's unfortunately the position the Bills are in, and believe it or not, those guys are the best available options, in terms of UFAs that you don't have to give anything up to get. I would take any of those you listed over Fitz and Edwards by the way. Quinn Gray is retired, though.

acehole
08-16-2010, 08:42 PM
I think they are on right track and we might be doing your plan next year.
They will win if trent sucks and win if he doesnt.

I believe we are one more draft and one more offseason away from a very good team.

If I were in Chan Gailey's shoes, I would send Nix to look for a Veteran QB that can take a beating for 1 to 2 seasons, keep one of these QBs in this competition as a backup, and take Levi Brown under his wing so to speak, and build him up from scratch.
We all know what Gailey did for QBs like Thigpen, but what about making Levi his project QB? How good can this young QB really be with the proper teacher? more importantly, what does this team really have to lose at this point? JMO.... What are your thoughts on the direction this team should take? I'm not asking for the ultimate GM explanation, just your opinion.

CAbills
08-16-2010, 08:57 PM
If we are horrible this year, draft Locker. The big mobile QB that seems to do well in Gailey's offense. Only if we think Gailey is a long term answer though.

psubills62
08-16-2010, 09:06 PM
Any ideas as to what QB's might be due to hit FA next season?

Technically I believe Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are both in the final years of their contracts, but we all know how likely it will be for them to hit free agency.

Beyond that....not much. :horsecrap:

Demon
08-16-2010, 09:46 PM
If the first plan of a "Bills future" post isn't about Ralphie selling the team to local people, then your plan probably sucks. Sorry.

Turf
08-16-2010, 09:53 PM
I don't know if this organization is in denial about the line play, or whether they actually think they are any good.
Whats killing every Bills fan and this team is watching us send 7 guys on defense (forget 3 or 4, thats a pipe dream) and they look like they run into a void like field of dreams and dissapppear. Contrawise (yeah big word I know) any time a team blitzes ONE GUY, the QB is on the ground and can't even step up in the pocket.
I mean what kind of football person do you have to be to see this?