PDA

View Full Version : Levi Brown: Brohm version 2.01

HHURRICANE
08-16-2010, 07:44 AM
Here we go again. Now Levi Brown is the answer. The guy has the worst throwing motion I have ever seen. He looks like he is throwing darts at Brunners.

If it's between Brohm and Brown, I'll take Brohm. Brown is in zero danger of getting scooped off of the practice squad and that's where he belongs.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
08-16-2010, 07:51 AM
Levi Brown=waste of a draft pick.

Johnny Bugmenot
08-16-2010, 07:56 AM
If we wanted a second, cheaper, coming of JP Losman, you got him in Levi Brown. He will never pan out in this league.

Beebe's Kid
08-16-2010, 08:11 AM
Well there it is... all of the experts have weighed in. Levi might as well hang it up now.

I love how all of the statements are so definitive, as if any of you actually have a clue what you are talking about.

Trent thanks you for your continued support.

ddaryl
08-16-2010, 08:14 AM
Levi Brown=waste of a draft pick.

really a 7th round pick is a waste of a draft pick ???? :dink:

HHURRICANE
08-16-2010, 08:15 AM
Well there it is... all of the experts have weighed in. Levi might as well hang it up now.

I love how all of the statements are so definitive, as if any of you actually have a clue what you are talking about.

Trent thanks you for your continued support.

Brown is a good canidate for the practice squad. That's a fact. I wish there was someone else on the roster that would be a better fit for this team but they aren't here.

I swear I'm waiting for someone to post pulling Kelly out of retiremnet.

BillsWin
08-16-2010, 08:17 AM
http://joebrower.com/PHILE_PILE/PIX/FR/awesome_thread.jpg

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
08-16-2010, 08:24 AM
really a 7th round pick is a waste of a draft pick ???? :dink:

Yep, absolutely. Not that it matters much, but its still a waste.

Mahdi
08-16-2010, 08:27 AM
Here we go again. Now Levi Brown is the answer. The guy has the worst throwing motion I have ever seen. He looks like he is throwing darts at Brunners.

If it's between Brohm and Brown, I'll take Brohm. Brown is in zero danger of getting scooped off of the practice squad and that's where he belongs.
The QB with the best throwing motion on the team is Brohm, it's pretty much textbook. After that it's Brown, it's more sidearmed than Brohm's but he does well with it. He gets very good velocity and accuracy out of it.

After that I would say Fitz and Trent are tied. Difference is that Fitz has more zip on his throws than Trent.

Dr. Lecter
08-16-2010, 08:31 AM
Putting Brown on the PS is a waste.

There is not enough practice time for 4 QBs. So if he is on the PS, he will not get chances to practice. If he is cut, there is no sense in signing him to the PS. That is why he will make the team as #3 and either FItz or Brohm are gonzo.

acehole
08-16-2010, 08:51 AM
What is truly amazing here is the very very very long leash you give edwards and the years we wait for the light to go on...and all the excuses we can count on two hands....

But you write this kid off after 1/4 of mop up in a preseason game?

IT is between bROM AND FITZ

ddaryl
08-16-2010, 08:55 AM

and how is it a waste ????

please go into details on your position because I don't see this waste factor at all.

HHURRICANE
08-16-2010, 09:00 AM
The QB with the best throwing motion on the team is Brohm, it's pretty much textbook. After that it's Brown, it's more sidearmed than Brohm's but he does well with it. He gets very good velocity and accuracy out of it.

After that I would say Fitz and Trent are tied. Difference is that Fitz has more zip on his throws than Trent.

I agree with Brohm's throwing motion. I really like it. I think his decision making is why he has struggled.

I'm not a QB coach but I hate Edwards padding the ball. Sorry but I hate the way Levi throws the ball.

Goobylal
08-16-2010, 09:09 AM
More silliness. So now Brown sucks based on his first semi-real action in pre-season and/or his throwing motion? :rolleyes:

HHURRICANE
08-16-2010, 09:15 AM
More silliness. So now Brown sucks based on his first semi-real action in pre-season and/or his throwing motion? :rolleyes:

No, it's the idea that somehow he is going to emerge as a challenger for the strating job this year.

He's a 7th round pick that needs time to develop. That's the only point being made.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
08-16-2010, 09:18 AM
and how is it a waste ????

please go into details on your position because I don't see this waste factor at all.
It is a waste for the following reasons, in my opinion.

1)Any draft pick made to save face is a pick made for the wrong reason, period.
The Front Office was, in my opinion, ill prepared for this draft (not unusual when a new regime is installed), and drafted Brown as an afterthought. Silly. The draft impacts a team too much over the long term to just throw a pick away on someone you don't expect to ever play a down for you.

2) Opportunity cost---Levi, in my opinion, having played/coached football (not at a professional level) does not have the physical skill or the background to be a NFL starting or primary backup QB. He is coming from a goofy college spread offense that gave him some nice numbers, but he did not face any top level schools, and apart from being pretty accurate and throwing the ball a lot, didn't even do anything too great in that situation. A guy who is taking snaps to someday be a third stringer is not worth drafting. I would much rather have a big bodied project or a project with speed than a project QB--why waste the organization's time with a guy that will not likely impact your team when you could be doing something more meaningful.
At least the aforementioned projects might block a kick or run back a punt or for god sakes be a decent gunner....something that helps the team.

Goobylal
08-16-2010, 09:28 AM
No, it's the idea that somehow he is going to emerge as a challenger for the strating job this year.

He's a 7th round pick that needs time to develop. That's the only point being made.
Who is saying he's the answer right now? No one. People want to see him or Brohm because they've seen enough of Edwards and Fitz.

better days
08-16-2010, 10:07 AM

I disagree. The 7th is the round to gamble. Brown has the physical tools, in time he could develop into at least a good back up maybe more.

AustinTransplant
08-16-2010, 10:40 AM
No QB is going to the PS, Someones getting CUT!!!

HHURRICANE
08-16-2010, 10:45 AM
Who is saying he's the answer right now? No one. People want to see him or Brohm because they've seen enough of Edwards and Fitz.

Read the posts around here. There are plenty of people that would take Brown over Edwards.

JCBills
08-16-2010, 11:20 AM
Read the posts around here. There are plenty of people that would take Brown over Edwards.

Plenty of people would also take a bag of footballs over Edwards, and I can't blame them. I haven't really seen anyone saying "PUT BROWN IN HE'S READY".

DraftBoy
08-16-2010, 11:44 AM
Putting Brown on the PS is a waste.

There is not enough practice time for 4 QBs. So if he is on the PS, he will not get chances to practice. If he is cut, there is no sense in signing him to the PS. That is why he will make the team as #3 and either FItz or Brohm are gonzo.

PS QB runs the scout team offense and runs every scheme that we will face. He won't get a lot of time in our offense, but he will get plenty of practice.

He needs to go the PS, I agree with that statement by HH, other than that though is basless conjecture and over analyzation based on a few series.

ddaryl
08-16-2010, 12:07 PM

The Front Office was, in my opinion, ill prepared for this draft (not unusual when a new regime is installed), and drafted Brown as an afterthought. Silly. The draft impacts a team too much over the long term to just throw a pick away on someone you don't expect to ever play a down for you.

LMAO... It wasn't a pick to save face, it was a pick that you make as a development project... and we addressed other needsa with our pciks. THERE WAS NO QB WORTH DRAFTING AFTER BRADFORD IN THE EARLY PARTS OF THIS DRAFT, AND YOU WILL LEARN THIS WHEN MCCOY OR CLAUSEN HAVE LESS THE STELLAR CAREERS...

2) Opportunity cost---Levi, in my opinion, having played/coached football (not at a professional level) does not have the physical skill or the background to be a NFL starting or primary backup QB. He is coming from a goofy college spread offense that gave him some nice numbers, but he did not face any top level schools, and apart from being pretty accurate and throwing the ball a lot, didn't even do anything too great in that situation. A guy who is taking snaps to someday be a third stringer is not worth drafting. I would much rather have a big bodied project or a project with speed than a project QB--why waste the organization's time with a guy that will not likely impact your team when you could be doing something more meaningful.
At least the aforementioned projects might block a kick or run back a punt or for god sakes be a decent gunner....something that helps the team.

I completley diagree with you, a 7th rd pick on Levi was well spent..

nateodoms'bff
08-16-2010, 12:44 PM
I agree with Brohm's throwing motion. I really like it. I think his decision making is why he has struggled.

I'm not a QB coach but I hate Edwards padding the ball. Sorry but I hate the way Levi throws the ball.

WHAT WHAT WHAT!!????

That makes so much more sense now. All this time I thought your informed opinion was based on your job as a professional football coach.

nateodoms'bff
08-16-2010, 12:51 PM

Actually, Levi Brown has all the major criteria needed for a successful pro QB.

3 year starter, 60% completion percentage, and more TD's than INT's. Plus he has a winning record as a starter.

The goofy spread offense is the same offense that Sam Bradford played in, and the defensive level of competition in the Big 12 is on par with the Sun Belt Conference, if you take the time to look at the numbers.

Brown is a big athletic QB, who has a cannon for an arm. He has a quick delivery, and has excellent mechanics.

The reason that Brown was drafted was because he is a project. IF the coaching staff can teach him to read a defense, with his accuracy and velocity, he could be a very capable starter. The major plus for him is that he is hungry and wants to play. He is not ready to start now, but if the Bills are out of it, I see no reason why not to give him a shot at the end of the season.

Dr. Lecter
08-16-2010, 01:33 PM
PS QB runs the scout team offense and runs every scheme that we will face. He won't get a lot of time in our offense, but he will get plenty of practice.

He needs to go the PS, I agree with that statement by HH, other than that though is basless conjecture and over analyzation based on a few series.

The PS QB will not run the scout team if there are already 3 QBs on the roster. The 3rd string guy will do so.

Novacane
08-16-2010, 01:46 PM
dumb thread

Ron Burgundy
08-16-2010, 01:48 PM
Actually, Levi Brown has all the major criteria needed for a successful pro QB.

3 year starter, 60% completion percentage, and more TD's than INT's. Plus he has a winning record as a starter.

By those criteria, there are about 69,069 viable NFL caliber starting quarterbacks in the country.

HINT: There are not 69,069 viable NFL caliber starting quarterbacks.

You drop one of the vets...Brohm, Edwards, or Fitz.

You can't drop Edwards, because he's going to start. Best option on the roster...unfortunate but true.

You probably shouldn't drop Fitz, because he's a good backup QB, and is smart enough to know his role and play it well.

You cut dead weight; players who are not developing at the proper rate (or at all), players who have several better options ahead of them on the depth chart, or players whose salary you need to dump or could be better used elsewhere.

All of our quarterbacks fit at least one of those profiles. But only one quarterback fits all three.

DraftBoy
08-16-2010, 01:49 PM
The PS QB will not run the scout team if there are already 3 QBs on the roster. The 3rd string guy will do so.
No the PS guy runs it as well, the 3rd string guy has to learn our offensive gameplan for the week and take some reps in case tragedy strikes. PS doesnt take 100% of the snaps, but they do take the majority of the scout team reps. At least that's how it functions for the Falcons.

Dr. Lecter
08-16-2010, 01:50 PM
Burgundy once again shows his brilliance, by agreeing with my sentiments.

Goobylal
08-16-2010, 02:28 PM
It's the height of silliness to say that using a 7th rounder on Brown was "wasted" or "saving face" or a sign the Bills' FO was unprepared for the draft. And he won't be cut. If he's got anything worth developing, they won't risk cutting him and trying to sneak him onto the PS.

Jeff1220
08-16-2010, 02:39 PM
I think it's impossible to waste a 7th rnd pick. I always look at the 7th as a bonus if the guy ends up contributing in any way.

Beebe's Kid
08-16-2010, 02:55 PM

Uh-oh! Don't get mad Mrs. Edwards, we have given your boy every opportunity, and then some. In fact, it appears he will keep getting chances he doesn't deserve.

The hard-on you have for Edwards is amazing. You will tell anybody that will listen he is the best QB on the roster. Thanks. I need to keep being told that, because I am, sure as ****, not seeing it.

I don't think his performance on Friday was that bad. In fact, I am not going to scrap the entire year, or call for Chan's head because of his first preseason game. I would, however, love to see one of the other QB's. I know you will have some "proof" that Brohm and Brown are proven entities, and we know what we have, but I don't. I haven't seen them. I pay a lot of money to watch this team, and as a fan, I would like to see something/anything else.

Fitz is a ****ing joke. I hear how he is a good backup, and on and on...I don't know if anybody else saw the game Friday...I assume you did...but HE CAN'T THROW A ****ING FOOTBALL.

Apparently, Tasker says we are not going to PS a QB, per Schopp and Bullfrog, so I guess we'll see fairly quickly.

PromoTheRobot
08-16-2010, 03:09 PM
You can tell a lot about a QB from garbage time in the first pre-season game. :doh:

PTR

Extremebillsfan247
08-16-2010, 06:04 PM

Well, you do know that there isn't a battle for 3rd string right? That already belongs to Brown. He's Gailey's project QB. I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one who has noticed that. The real battle is for the number 2 spot. The loser is getting cut. Whether that turns out to be Brohm or not might very well depend on what he does Thursday against Indy. JMO

Mr Bills
08-16-2010, 06:12 PM
Brown = Matt Flynn 2.0

For the 2nd year in a row, Brohm is going to get cut in favor of a 7th round QB.

acehole
08-17-2010, 03:22 AM

He is raw but smart and a good leader. He has a better arm then edwards and a better record coming out of school. HE is not ready for the NFL...but he will have a year of this playbook next year and a year of coaching and I hope he does well. PS John Elway had a funny release also...doent mean he is not a gamer....would love to see him with first team offense in preseason. Well worth a 7th round pick.

YardRat
08-17-2010, 05:57 AM
I wish the other 31 teams were arguing about their seventh-round QB, also.

Turf
08-17-2010, 07:50 AM
How can anyone evaluate someone who hasn't had a chance to play. You can guess.