PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone see Clausen or McCoy play?

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
08-16-2010, 07:49 AM
How did they look? Stats are not impressive, but I still think we should have taken one of these guys in the 2nd round.

DraftBoy
08-16-2010, 07:55 AM
I didnt see McCoy play but I saw 4 of Clausen's series. He made some good throws, and read defenses well. Didn't hit the big pass but made progressions and hit open guys. The INT he threw was brutal though, the WR slips on the play but even if he doesnt the defender was sitting on the out route and would of beaten the WR to the spot even without the slip. Classic rookie type mistake though so I wouldn't read too much into it.

HHURRICANE
08-16-2010, 07:57 AM
I didnt see McCoy play but I saw 4 of Clausen's series. He made some good throws, and read defenses well. Didn't hit the big pass but made progressions and hit open guys. The INT he threw was brutal though, the WR slips on the play but even if he doesnt the defender was sitting on the out route and would of beaten the WR to the spot even without the slip. Classic rookie type mistake though so I wouldn't read too much into it.

Everyone forgets that Kelly came here with 2 years of USFL experience under his belt.

If we do get our magical rookie next year it will be a year of pain watching him make mistakes all over the field. It's depressing that this team is so far behind the eight ball.

mightysimi
08-16-2010, 08:01 AM
I didn't see it either but I read that McCoy looked bad.

BillsWin
08-16-2010, 08:20 AM
McCoy looked awful, Clausen had some great throws then one bad INT, Tebow looked great. Better than I thought he would.

ddaryl
08-16-2010, 08:55 AM
How did they look? Stats are not impressive, but I still think we should have taken one of these guys in the 2nd round.

both would be a waste of a 7th rd pick. Funny that you owuld be ok wasting a 2nd rounder on these clowns though...

Next years QB's is why we didn't waste a high pick on this years class....

Goobylal
08-16-2010, 09:14 AM
They looked no better than Levi Brown did. And Clausen should have been picked on that 3rd down play that hit receiver made a great play on to catch it.

k-oneputt
08-16-2010, 09:19 AM
Clausen showed alot of poise in the pocket. Moved well to keep plays going. Seemed to have confidence in what he was doing. Made some good throws and a couple of bad ones. Had one dropped on a downfield throw. Overall I thought he looked pretty good. Much better then the garbage I saw from the Bills qb's.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
08-16-2010, 09:23 AM
both would be a waste of a 7th rd pick. Funny that you owuld be ok wasting a 2nd rounder on these clowns though...

Next years QB's is why we didn't waste a high pick on this years class....

Oh yeah, that makes a lot of sense. A QB that has a legitimate shot at being an NFL QB in 2-3 seasons is a waste of a draft pick.

I love how some people point to next year's draft class every year and say it's the best draft class ever.

better days
08-16-2010, 09:34 AM
Oh yeah, that makes a lot of sense. A QB that has a legitimate shot at being an NFL QB in 2-3 seasons is a waste of a draft pick.

I love how some people point to next year's draft class every year and say it's the best draft class ever.

Before the last draft, NOBODY was saying the 2010 QB Draft class was the best ever. Bradford was the CLEAR #1 pick & NOBODY was close to him at #2.

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-16-2010, 09:34 AM
I will always be that guy that wished they would have drafted Clausen. Torrell Troupe will always be under the gun if he succeeds.

better days
08-16-2010, 09:43 AM
Everyone forgets that Kelly came here with 2 years of USFL experience under his belt.

If we do get our magical rookie next year it will be a year of pain watching him make mistakes all over the field. It's depressing that this team is so far behind the eight ball.

Well, a few rookie QB's have looked pretty good recently & if we have a year of pain watching a rookie that has potential next year, so be it. It will be less painful than watching Edwards has been.

BertSquirtgum
08-16-2010, 10:06 AM
McCoy looked awful, Clausen had some great throws then one bad INT, Tebow looked great. Better than I thought he would.

tebow looked great? everything i read said he reverted back to his college style and said he stunk it up big time.

DraftBoy
08-16-2010, 10:25 AM
tebow looked great? everything i read said he reverted back to his college style and said he stunk it up big time.

Where did you read that?

BertSquirtgum
08-16-2010, 10:37 AM
Where did you read that?

i am pissed off right now. i know i read it on pft last night and it's not there today.

DraftBoy
08-16-2010, 11:45 AM
i am pissed off right now. i know i read it on pft last night and it's not there today.

Not questioning your credibility, just curious because I watched every play Tebow made in his first game and anybody who called it poor is basically an idiot. He did wow with anything, but he did what he does well and proved he has plenty of arm strength.

His throwing motion is still junk and he has horrible ball security in the pocket, though I will give him credit as the delivery looks sped up.

ddaryl
08-16-2010, 12:01 PM

That's because Clausen or McCoy wil not be great's QB in 2-3 years, or ever in this league

I didn't want either of those QB's because I don't think they will have any chance of being anythign above average.. We got a 2-3 year project in the 7th round, and didn't have ot waste a pick to get that 2-3 year project

next years clas is off the charts better in the QB selection process, and every expert alreayd knew next years QB crop has much more potential then the crap fest in this years.

Your the one who isn't making any sense since you would rather we reach this year for a half ass group of QB's rather then next year where there are multipe 1st rd talents.

Tell you what you save this post and you come back and visit me in a year or 2 with your proclimations...

BertSquirtgum
08-16-2010, 12:01 PM
i was actually asking if he did play good in my post because i did read that he didn't. my friend from florida also commented on f.b. that tebow looked like ****.

wmoz11
08-16-2010, 12:03 PM

I saw it too. They just said that his throwing motion went back to how it was his whole life and all the crap about changing it for the combine and everything was just to get teams to bite on him in the 1st round.

It did mention that he made some nice plays. I was pretty impressed with him last night, actually.

EDIT: Here's the PFT article you mentioned:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/15/in-first-nfl-game-tebow-reverts-to-college-form/

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-16-2010, 01:25 PM
I think it is a little premature to judge anything in the first week of preseason. Spiller didn't look very impressive in game one.

tampabay25690
08-16-2010, 03:03 PM

What were you reading??
I watched everys eries that TEBOW was in.
Tebow made mistakes like every other rookie QB does.
He looked pretty good to me....

Needs to read blit packages better but QB's that have been in the league 4-5 years still don't see blitz's coming...

His arm looks pretty damn good and the guy just to get a TD ran threw 2 guys to get his 1st TD....

He is learning and the good thing about him being in DENVER he will not be PUSHED to start......

tampabay25690
08-16-2010, 03:04 PM
Clausen looked most ready under center from what I have watched.
John Skelton looked pretty good as well...

McCoy IMO will be a BACKUP QB his whole NFL career...

X-Era
08-16-2010, 04:18 PM

Unfortunately, I agree. Its a two year minimum until we know if our new rook QB is the guy or not. Just the way it almost always works.

X-Era
08-16-2010, 04:20 PM
What were you reading??
I watched everys eries that TEBOW was in.
Tebow made mistakes like every other rookie QB does.
He looked pretty good to me....

Needs to read blit packages better but QB's that have been in the league 4-5 years still don't see blitz's coming...

His arm looks pretty damn good and the guy just to get a TD ran threw 2 guys to get his 1st TD....

He is learning and the good thing about him being in DENVER he will not be PUSHED to start......

I watched him and he again had the slow windup that caused a fumble that was determined to be an incomplete pass. Another fumble. He's a rook, its OK. But, the mechanics questions arent completely fixed so far.

Mr. Pink
08-16-2010, 04:37 PM
McCoy did not play well...threw two INTs...completed half of his passes and then banged his throwing hand on an offensive linemans helmet on his last pass, an int.

Gibran Chandan
08-16-2010, 04:41 PM
I saw about half of Clausen's game. Even before our game, I spent the entire time wishing that we'd drafted him, and hoping that Trent would ease that feeling come game time.

We all know how that went...

DraftBoy
08-16-2010, 07:13 PM
I watched him and he again had the slow windup that caused a fumble that was determined to be an incomplete pass. Another fumble. He's a rook, its OK. But, the mechanics questions arent completely fixed so far.

His throwing motion did not lead to that sack or fumble (and I call it a fumble because I think the rule gives far too much leeway). He showed a faster release than he ever did at Florida.

X-Era
08-16-2010, 07:16 PM
His throwing motion did not lead to that sack or fumble (and I call it a fumble because I think the rule gives far too much leeway). He showed a faster release than he ever did at Florida.

I didn't see it that way at all man. I saw him swing that arm back and low several times. What he did do was throw over the top. His windup looked slow to me.

DraftBoy
08-16-2010, 07:27 PM
I didn't see it that way at all man. I saw him swing that arm back and low several times. What he did do was throw over the top. His windup looked slow to me.

I never said it wasn't slow I said it was faster than at Florida. He still swings back low, but he does not pump the ball at his waist first like he used to.

He used to get it at his waist pump it, then bring it back, **** and fire. The pump is now gone, which albeit is a baby step but its a step in the right direction.

X-Era
08-16-2010, 07:35 PM
I never said it wasn't slow I said it was faster than at Florida. He still swings back low, but he does not pump the ball at his waist first like he used to.

He used to get it at his waist pump it, then bring it back, **** and fire. The pump is now gone, which albeit is a baby step but its a step in the right direction.

He did look better, thats why I said it wasn't completely fixed yet.

k-oneputt
08-16-2010, 07:51 PM
The one we could of picked and should of picked was Clausen in the 2nd rd. I really think they could of just thrown him in there the whole season to see what would happen.
I'm convinced Edwards and Fitz both totally suck. Might as well sink or swim with Brohm. Clausen would have at least given us some hope.

YardRat
08-16-2010, 08:07 PM
Water under the bridge, boys. They are all the enemy now.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
08-16-2010, 08:21 PM
That's because Clausen or McCoy wil not be great's QB in 2-3 years, or ever in this league

I didn't want either of those QB's because I don't think they will have any chance of being anythign above average.. We got a 2-3 year project in the 7th round, and didn't have ot waste a pick to get that 2-3 year project

next years clas is off the charts better in the QB selection process, and every expert alreayd knew next years QB crop has much more potential then the crap fest in this years.

Your the one who isn't making any sense since you would rather we reach this year for a half ass group of QB's rather then next year where there are multipe 1st rd talents.

Tell you what you save this post and you come back and visit me in a year or 2 with your proclimations...

I don't have any reason to think Clausen or McCoy will be great. I just think that they will be NFL QBs in 2-3 years, and Levi Brown will be out of the league. I'll be very surprised if he ever plays any meaningful football in the NFL.
I don't have any problem drafting a QB next year; but why waste a pick on Brown this year, and why not draft an OT this year (don't give me Ed Wang...he's not top tier talent.) if you are planning on the second coming next year?

I will caution you saying that next years class is "off the charts better" and relying on "every expert". Those kinds of guys thought Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Daunte Culpepper and Cade McNown were great. They bragged that class as being one of the best QB classes ever. Only Donovan McNabb ended up being a great QB, and Culpepper is a very distant second.....