PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Bills Fan, do you feel your team has Potential?

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
08-16-2010, 08:20 AM
"Potential? Well now let me see. You know, I don't have any idea what that means.....I know what YOU think it means, sonny. To me it's just a made up word. A PR department's word, so beat reporters like you can wear a shirt and tie, and have a job. What do you really want to know? Am I hopeful they will be good? There's not a day that goes by that I don't wish for a winning season. Not because I live here, or because you think I should. I look back on the way we were back then--a successful NFL franchise that took that terrible turn. I want to talk to Ralph. I want to try to talk some sense into him. Tell him the way things are. But I can't. Ralph's mind is long gone and this old shell of a team is all that's left. I've got to live with that. Potential? It's just a bull**** word. So you just go on and blather on about the fresh start for the franchise, sonny, and stop wasting my time. Because to tell you the truth, I don't give a ****.

-edited by King Bedard

Johnny Bugmenot
08-16-2010, 12:55 PM
As it stands now? No.

northernbillfan
08-16-2010, 01:08 PM
Wit a few key positions filled, WR, QB, OL, et all, I feel the team may be productive in a few years.

Cntrygal
08-16-2010, 01:19 PM
Ms.

Ron Burgundy
08-16-2010, 01:23 PM
Ms.

I think the assumption is that hopefully, you will have access to a male Bills fan who can help you give a valid response.

Beebe's Kid
08-16-2010, 02:12 PM
"Potential? Well now let me see. You know, I don't have any idea what that means.....I know what YOU think it means, sonny. To me it's just a made up word. A PR department's word, so beat reporters like you can wear a shirt and tie, and have a job. What do you really want to know? Am I hopeful they will be good? There's not a day that goes by that I don't wish for a winning season. Not because I live here, or because you think I should. I look back on the way we were back then--a successful NFL franchise that took that terrible turn. I want to talk to Ralph. I want to try to talk some sense into him. Tell him the way things are. But I can't. Ralph's mind is long gone and this old shell of a team is all that's left. I've got to live with that. Potential? It's just a bull**** word. So you just go on and blather on about the fresh start for the franchise, sonny, and stop wasting my time. Because to tell you the truth, I don't give a ****.

-edited by King Bedard

Are you still drinking from last night, or did you start fresh this morning?

This literary masterpiece you have put forth for our consideration, while making some amazing points, and claiming the word potential to be a conspiracy is just the beginning for you "sonny," This may be the beginning of a new philosophical era.

I want to talk to Ralph. I want to try to talk some sense into him. Tell him the way things are. But I can't. Ralph's mind is long gone and this old shell of a team is all that's left. I've got to live with that.

This is a crime...I wonder why Ralph won't talk to you? You constructed a fine argument, and hell, you have many lucid, valuable pieces of insight, that would surely perpetuate this franchise back to the glory days, before the "terrible turn."

Friday night, was apparently the most important preseason game ever, and the Bills are now being forced to forfeit all of their games...

One good thing is that the league is going to start a new policy. They are going to play a few games before they make them count. There is going to be 4 games played prior to the most important game of the year, which is the preaseason opener.

Boomstick
08-16-2010, 02:43 PM
Funniest thing I've seen in a while

Ron Burgundy
08-16-2010, 03:05 PM
Are you still drinking from last night, or did you start fresh this morning?

This literary masterpiece you have put forth for our consideration, while making some amazing points, and claiming the word potential to be a conspiracy is just the beginning for you "sonny," This may be the beginning of a new philosophical era.

Obviously you're not a Shawshank fan.

elltrain22
08-16-2010, 04:10 PM
I love this team, always have, and always will, but I gotta call it like I see it, and not be unrealistic about what is actually going on w/ this team. Do I have hope? Hell no I don't. Certainly not for this year, and probably none for next year as well. If this (this being our new regime) is done right, rebuilding this team is going to take a little while.

Lets look at our roster. We have the worst stable of QB's in the league, the worst O-line in the league, probably the worst unit of WR's in the league, absolutely no pass rusher whatsoever, very mediocre LB's, and a good secondary (but since our front 8 can't won't be able to stop the run or eliminate the short passing game, thats kinda useless, IMO). Yeah, if we suck bad enough this year, we can maybe go out and draft a good franchise qb; assuming our brass is smart enough to do this.... After that though, we have to fill RT & LT to protect our new qb. Then we have to get a compliment to Lee Evans; thats just offense. Defensively, its a mess. Our D-line is question mark city, and our LB's are the same. Who knows if they'll develop, and if they do, how long will it take, and will we wait on them to develop.

Our team has had no, and I mean absolutely luck whatsoever. Injuries continue to desimate this team, and so many things have to happen. We also play in a very tough division, and all 3 teams continually try to upgrade and bolster their roster, which arguably, this team really wants no part of. I love this team, but we're a very long way away from being a relevant franchise.