PDA

View Full Version : Peters-Dockery-Hangartner-Levitre-Walker

HHURRICANE
08-16-2010, 08:22 AM
I'm sorry but I couldn't help myself!!!!

It wasn't a financial decision:

Walker: Starting at RT in Oakland. Has looked good in camp.

Dockery: Starting RG in Washington. Watch the tape.

Peters: Starting LT in Philly. Bell is almost a clone, it's scary. Sarcasm high.

Just to make sure:

Cornell Green is better than Walker?

Bell and Meredith are better than Peters?

Levitre is better than Dockery?

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
08-16-2010, 08:27 AM
uhhhh....I agree our replacements for those tackles are not up to par, but I did not and will not shed a tear about Dockery. I still think we should have been able to trade him for something, even just to save some money. I don't really think Peters is as great as we thought he was. I would prefer to have Walker on the roster, though.

Mahdi
08-16-2010, 08:32 AM
I'm sorry but I couldn't help myself!!!!

It wasn't a financial decision:

Walker: Starting at RT in Oakland. Has looked good in camp.

Dockery: Starting RG in Washington. Watch the tape.

Peters: Starting LT in Philly. Bell is almost a clone, it's scary. Sarcasm high.

Just to make sure:

Cornell Green is better than Walker?

Bell and Meredith are better than Peters?

Levitre is better than Dockery?
Letting Peters go was a huge mistake. He proved he was worth the cash and now he protects Kolb and gives him 4-5 seconds to throw.

If Bell or Meredith work out it will be a minor victory but there is a reason no NFL teams get rid of top shelf LTs, it just doesn't happen.

Dr. Lecter
08-16-2010, 08:32 AM
Levitre > Dockery.

Yes.

Mahdi
08-16-2010, 08:34 AM
Levitre > Dockery.

Yes.
Agreed. Levitre is very very good. The guy is clever and he can move real well. Not even sure Wood is as good as Levitre.

HHURRICANE
08-16-2010, 08:37 AM
Here is really my point. The team would have been much, much, better with this line and the FO made this decision.

The line was terrible last year and we are going to struggle mightily this year.

Goobylal
08-16-2010, 09:02 AM
Dockery played like a chump in Buffalo. It was clear his heart wasn't into it. Walker shouldn't have been cut, but no one could have predicted that Butler (who looked like he could have become a very good RT) would get injured and then retire. And Walker for Green is a wash. As for Peters, he hasn't proven to be worth close to what he got, and one pre-season game against a team without a pass rush doesn't change that. Meredith held Orakpo without a sack while the guy people were saying the Bills should have drafted (besides Orakpo), Oher, got abused by Tyler Brayton.

Michael82
08-16-2010, 09:15 AM
Can we ban HHURRICANE from saying the word Peters? It's not just getting old, it's dead and decaying. :banghead:

HHURRICANE
08-16-2010, 09:18 AM
Can we ban HHURRICANE from saying the word Peters? It's not just getting old, it's dead and decaying. :banghead:

I'm frustrated that our castoffs seem to be doing just fine in their new homes.

The line was not the problem in 2008 but the Bills FO decided to add another hole to our team.

It's never ending here.

Goobylal
08-16-2010, 09:22 AM

The line was not the problem in 2008 but the Bills FO decided to add another hole to our team.

It's never ending here.
You can't force players to play better.

CoolBreeze
08-16-2010, 09:24 AM

It's never ending here.
How can you say Peters is just fine, when he ranked #32 amongst startiing left tackles?

Jan Reimers
08-16-2010, 09:54 AM
Peters and Dockery are gone. Let's move on.

Saratoga Slim
08-16-2010, 10:23 AM

It's never ending here.

It is indeed frustrating to see our castoffs do well elsewhere. Some of that is scheme - Justin Leonard etc. And some is motivation, I think whoever wrote that Dockery's heart wasn't in it in Buffalo was spot on.

As for Peters....it's exactly what everyone knew would happen: he moved on, and is in the top 1/2 of LTs in the league now, though Philly's paying him like one of the best LTs. The OLD front office didn't want to pay him more than he was worth, in the middle of a contract he was only halfway through, partly for the very crappy example that would set for the rest of the team. Can't say I blame them. Philly had more flexibility to overpay him, because they didn't have to deal with the team dynamics of the hostage situation that Buffalo was in.

In any event, the OLD front office did everything that you're complaining about. Frustrating, yes, but what the hell? The recognition that the OLD front office wasn't getting the job done is why we have Nix/Gailey now.

DraftBoy
08-16-2010, 10:27 AM

It's never ending here.

The line has always been a problem.

Philagape
08-16-2010, 10:39 AM
It certainly was a problem in 08 when that cancerous POS was admittedly dogging it and therefore endangering his QB.
Getting rid of that overpaid tumor was the best thing the Dick administration ever did. Getting Eric Wood for him made it even better.

Michael82
08-16-2010, 04:02 PM
It certainly was a problem in 08 when that cancerous POS was admittedly dogging it and therefore endangering his QB.
Getting rid of that overpaid tumor was the best thing the Dick administration ever did. Getting Eric Wood for him made it even better.

Well said! :bf1:

jmb1099
08-16-2010, 04:06 PM
Peters didn't want to be here. Next...

Philagape
08-16-2010, 04:18 PM
Peters didn't want to be here. Next...

Peters didn't want any shred of integrity.

SquishDaFish
08-16-2010, 05:29 PM
Get OVER it DAMN HH! Get yourself a life and get OFF Peters manparts. Stop stalking him!

SABURZFAN
08-16-2010, 09:46 PM

let's ban the Lickers who whine about Edwards' poor play when they supported Lossman's poor play.

Dr. Lecter
08-16-2010, 09:51 PM
let's ban the Lickers who whine about Edwards' poor play when they supported Lossman's poor play.
Losman is gone too.

Bringing him up all of the time is ****ing annoying as hell. Almost as annoying as trying to re-create the stupid battles that have been over for more than a year.