X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • homeslice5484
    • Jul 2008

Brohm has a Prime Opportunity Ahead of Him

Like him or not, Brian Brohm has the most important game in his short career ahead of him Thursday night. Maybe I am reading too much into it, but the Bills appear to be giving him a much better opportunity than Fitzpatrick, giving him the #2 reps at BOTH practices today, and starting him in the 2nd pre season game in a non hostile environment and in a game where a lot of the young player jitters should be gone.

Then Gailey today said it is still an open competition. If Gailey is being truthful, and who knows if he is, Brian Brohm could seal the #2 spot this Thursday and with a good performance and a average to bad performance by Trent could make the competition more interesting.

I won't get my hopes up since it seems almost every time a player has a crucial game where they can really step up they never do. But for Brohms sake, he better take advantage of this opportunity. It appears they are giving him the best chance to succeed that they can right now and are preparing him much better than Fitzpatrick pre game.

I wish him luck and hope he can do it. I liked a lot of what I saw vs the Falcons in terms of poise, arm strength, and his quick release and tight spiral. I will be watching as will the rest of Bills nation, and hopefully he gives us some hope!

• homeslice5484
    • Jul 2008

Re: Brohm has a Prime Opportunity Ahead of Him

Chan sure talks up Brian Brohm in his press conference.

Comment

• Buffalogic
      Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
      • Feb 2006

Brohm will do what he's done with past opportunities, prove he's a scrub.

Comment

• Hogwasher
        • Aug 2010

Brohm was awesomely bad last preseason. I was surprised.

Comment

• jamesiscool
          suck it fool.
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Hogwasher
          Brohm was awesomely bad last preseason. I was surprised.
          are you referring to his time as a packer? cuz I'm not guna lie i didn't watch one game of him in a packers uniform.
          Sec 241 row 12 seat 23

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

But...if he does well, will it be attributed to playing against scrubs, or if he does poorly will it be blamed on playing with scrubs?
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

"Prime" could also mean "Last" opportunity.

I'm rooting for the guy but then I root for any QB on our roster to show some actual NFL ability.

Fitzpatrick doesn't have it and I will never be fooled into believing Trentative is the answer ever again. It's Brohm, Brown or a late trade/waiver aquisition if the Bills actually expect to compete.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                • Jul 2002

Anyone who watched the Atlanta game & came up with anything positive about Brohm, other than that he wasn't wearing # 5 or #14, is grasping at straws. All I saw in that game was a QB who didn't belong on the field. Fewell thought the same thing & couldn't wait to get Fitzpatrick back for the Indy game. There's nothing positive about putting up 3 friggin' points!

Comment

• JCBills
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Albany,n.y.
                  Anyone who watched the Atlanta game & came up with anything positive about Brohm, other than that he wasn't wearing # 5 or #14, is grasping at straws. All I saw in that game was a QB who didn't belong on the field. Fewell thought the same thing & couldn't wait to get Fitzpatrick back for the Indy game. There's nothing positive about putting up 3 friggin' points!
                  How many QBs will light it up with only 6 weeks invested into a playbook and 1 week throwing to the starters?

Comment

• Gibran Chandan
                    • Aug 2010

Brohm had some nice looking throws at training camp yesterday. During the two minute drill at the end, he had a perfectly placed long ball to Roosevelt along the left sideline. Sure, not every throw was that good - but it's nice to see that he's got it in him.

Comment

• hydro
                      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
                      But...if he does well, will it be attributed to playing against scrubs, or if he does poorly will it be blamed on playing with scrubs?
                      Bias is a funny thing isn't it?
                      BERNIAC!

Comment

• Turf
                        • Jul 2002

I think to simulate the real NFL for any Bills QB and get him ready, they should have a rocket sled from NASA slam into him 2.5 secs after every snap. Once they learn to perform in that environment, we got our guy.
                        Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                          • Jun 2009

Agree this is Brohms Bills career Thurs. If he sucks azz against the backups he is in trouble. Because it seems to me that Gailey wants Trent and is going w' Trent unless Trent makes it impossible for him.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

Originally posted by Albany,n.y.
                            Even the most irrational, ultra-impatient of us on here usually give our QBs more than one game before we crucify him.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Dujek
                              Hall of Fame Zoner
                              • Jan 2008

I don't care which of the 4 QBs on the roster step up and make an impression, but I really hope one of them does.

I watched Brohm some when he was at college, and I thought he looked like a solid QB, something obviously went wrong for him at Green Bay, but it would be the first decent break the Bills have got in years if he works out in Buffalo.

Comment

Working...
                              X