NextbillsQB
08-17-2010, 12:17 AM
And McCargo kicked ass at his new position

mikemac2001
08-17-2010, 12:37 AM
Corner looked off he is usually a lot better

Buffalogic
08-17-2010, 02:11 AM
Yeah Corner is a good player. Relax some guys are rusty it's to be excepted.

YardRat
08-17-2010, 05:38 AM
Moats is a rookie, getting his first action, but he's probably been destined to be cut from the beginning.

McCargo was playing against insurance and real estate salesmen.

Corner has no excuse. If he doesn't step up, he's gone.

Night Train
08-17-2010, 05:50 AM
I couldn't give a **** about Moats or any late pick. They're always longshots to make a roster for a good reason.

McCargo should get moved up to the first unit for a few snaps, just to see what he could do. He was destroying the scrub double teams and needs a further look.

Corner is one of seemingly 23 DB's. I'm supposed to care ? Why ? Depth concerns ? :rolleyes:

DBrown77
08-17-2010, 06:09 AM
I agree, but do we really need another thread about this?

Mahdi
08-17-2010, 07:06 AM
Corner is fine and Moats is learning how to cover and play an interior position. No big deal there.

Reggie Corner is a good CB and improving. He is valuable when we defend 4 WR sets.

DraftBoy
08-17-2010, 07:33 AM
Moats is transitioning from college DE to ILB in a 3-4 which has completely different responsibilities. I highly doubt he gets cut, but its going to be a year or 2 till he is ready to contribute full time.

tampabay25690
08-17-2010, 07:48 AM
That is all

I think you suck............
It was teh 1st game of the preseason everyone is up for a bad game.
That was MOATS 1st ever NFL game, give the guy a break.
Let's see how he fairs in the next game.....

k-oneputt
08-17-2010, 07:51 AM
I'm not concerned about Corner.

Moats is a different story. He showed nothing. I was disapppointed. I expect something and I didn't see anything to build on. First game so I'll give him a flier but nothing stood out.

Why is it that the Bills draft philosphy seems to be to take players from small schools who always have to come to the NFL and change positions ? I really think they go overboard with the small school route/ position change/ we know more then you/ we will develop this diamond in the rough mentality.

Beebe's Kid
08-17-2010, 08:20 AM
I'm not concerned about Corner.

Moats is a different story. He showed nothing. I was disapppointed. I expect something and I didn't see anything to build on. First game so I'll give him a flier but nothing stood out.

Why is it that the Bills draft philosphy seems to be to take players from small schools who always have to come to the NFL and change positions ? I really think they go overboard with the small school route/ position change/ we know more then you/ we will develop this diamond in the rough mentality.

Wow... You obviously have a shrewd eye for NFL talent. If a handful of snaps in the preseason opener is enough to base an opinion on, and decide that this guy has nothing to do, you are in the wrong profession.

Head down to OBD, and tell them what you know. I am sure that they will be able differentiate your talent from the 1000's of other douche-bags that completely over-react about every minor detail.

There were some issues on Friday, of which Moats' performance is about last on the list, in terms of importance.

Your intentions are good, you want to see a better team... I think we all do, but constant threads about who we need to cut just a touch of an over-reaction.

k-oneputt
08-17-2010, 08:24 AM
It's called opinion d-bag. It's a message board.
I didn't see anything redeeming; speed. explosiveness, power, hitting ability

I guess you missed the part about getting a flier because it was his first game.

Go F yourself.

ddaryl
08-17-2010, 08:36 AM
Moats = practice squad

Corner is learning a whole new D scheme.. We're going to look crappy here for awhile, in fact the entire secondary I thought was ugly .... amnd that was supposed to be our strength.

mrbojanglezs
08-17-2010, 09:15 AM
moats is converting from DE to ILB its not gonna happen over night.....lmfao

DesertFox24
08-17-2010, 09:17 AM
Yeah Moats and Batten will make this team this year and will not play any defensive snaps they will be special team players.

Moats and Batten are young guys that played in the FCS and will need a full year to learn their positions and the speed of the game. I personally think Moats could be a heck of a player for us. I know he got beat by the running back on one play, but he caught the running back on another play from behind and forced a fumble, which shows me he is an athlete he just needs to play and learn the position.

Oh and I am not worried about Corner he has proven in regular season games to be a darn good 4th corner back.

k-oneputt
08-17-2010, 09:56 AM
Fully aware they are both changing positions and from small schools. { seems to be a theme with Bills draft picks the last decade}. Was looking for something in his game that stuck out and reason scouts loved him so much. I didn't see it but as noted it was his first game.

DraftBoy
08-17-2010, 10:47 AM
Fully aware they are both changing positions and from small schools. { seems to be a theme with Bills draft picks the last decade}. Was looking for something in his game that stuck out and reason scouts loved him so much. I didn't see it but as noted it was his first game.

He did force a fumble, showed good pursuit, and decent play recognition. His tackling technique needs work, he struggles in traffic and his best assest (his ability to blitz) was not heavily utilized in the first game from what I saw.

k-oneputt
08-17-2010, 11:38 AM
He did force a fumble, showed good pursuit, and decent play recognition. His tackling technique needs work, he struggles in traffic and his best assest (his ability to blitz) was not heavily utilized in the first game from what I saw.

Pretty accurate, although you are a little higher on play recognition and pursuit then I am.
He's supposed to be a pass rusher, wouldn't his skill fit more to an olb ?

DraftBoy
08-17-2010, 11:51 AM
Pretty accurate, although you are a little higher on play recognition and pursuit then I am.
He's supposed to be a pass rusher, wouldn't his skill fit more to an olb ?

I projected him as a 3-4 OLB and thought he was a better fit there but Gailey and Nix see him more in the role that Lawrence Timmons plays in PIT where he will blitz plenty but is more effective further off the LOS.

streetkings01
08-17-2010, 11:55 AM
Corner looked off he is usually a lot betterNo he isnt......he always gives up completions!

k-oneputt
08-17-2010, 11:55 AM
He looks to be getting lost and engulfed inside. I would like to see what he could do coming off the edge to.

Oaf
08-17-2010, 01:40 PM
How did Lankster/Youboty fare? I'd take either over Corner, Lankster twice.

Billz_fan
08-17-2010, 01:43 PM
Can I get a list of the guys who are ready to contribute now ? lol it seems everyone on this team is a year or 2 away form ready :laughter:

HHURRICANE
08-17-2010, 01:44 PM
Can I get a list of the guys who are ready to contribute now ? lol it seems everyone on this team is a year or 2 away form ready :laughter:

I am not holding out much hope but Thursday better be a 360 from this past Friday.

NextbillsQB
08-17-2010, 04:01 PM
Corner has been horrible last year and this year. He has 0 ball skills and is consistantly out of position