PDA

View Full Version : 2 things need to happen next week imo

NextbillsQB
08-17-2010, 12:22 AM
Trent needs to throw an int and Brohm needs to kick ass. If this happens i guarentee Brohm will start vs Mia

Ingtar33
08-17-2010, 12:32 AM
ok... setting aside the fact we're wishing ill on one man's career...

this is the buffalo bills we're talking about. nothing will ever unfold that easily... a more buffalo bills type of result would be...

trent will go 1 for 8, with 3 picks and 5 yards of offense, while Brohm goes 5 for 11 for 1 pick and 20 yards of offense while brown goes 10 for 21 with 200 yards of offense and 2 tds and 3 picks, vs the 4th string, causing this board to go nuts in Brown worship.

or...

the bills offense will go 3 and out for the first 3 quarters of football with the defense unable to get the opposing offense off the field, resulting in an indecisive result of...

Edwards - 2 for 5, 11 yards
Brohm - 3 for 8, 5 yards
Brown - 5 for 10, 20 yards

while the bills get rolled 30 to 0, with spiller going down for the season on his first touch of the game.

Given the Bills previous decade track record, i think the 2nd possibility the most likely.

YardRat
08-17-2010, 05:47 AM
I would prefer they both look and play like NFL QB's.

Dr. Lecter
08-17-2010, 05:53 AM
Every time I read a Bills fan wishing that a player on this team look bad I want to punch an elderly person and kick a puppy.

Not sure what is dumber - rooting for players to fail or rooting for the Bills to lose late in the season.

don137
08-17-2010, 07:34 AM
Every time I read a Bills fan wishing that a player on this team look bad I want to punch an elderly person and kick a puppy.

Not sure what is dumber - rooting for players to fail or rooting for the Bills to lose late in the season.
I have always rooted for the Bills late in the season because its not where they draft that counts but what that pick does (I even rooted for the Bills to come back against the Panthers in 2001 even though I knew it would cost drafting Julius Peppers) but I have to admit I am so sick of the terrible QB play by the Bills I do not want them to do well enough to lose out on one of the franchise QBs and end up with no hope once again at QB. After watching other teams with decent QBs play I forget what a real NFL QB can do. Its been almost 15 years since the Bills had a great QB.
In the perfect scenerio either Brohm or Edwards will step up (Fitzpatrick I do not think will get any better) but I am not hearing anything great coming out of camp. Edwards is basically the tallest dwarf.

better days
08-17-2010, 08:49 AM

When the Bills are playing for a draft pick at the end of the season as they were last year, it is not stupid to root for the Bills to lose.

Gibran Chandan
08-17-2010, 08:52 AM
I would prefer they both look and play like NFL QB's.

What he said.

HHURRICANE
08-17-2010, 08:54 AM
ok... setting aside the fact we're wishing ill on one man's career...

this is the buffalo bills we're talking about. nothing will ever unfold that easily... a more buffalo bills type of result would be...

trent will go 1 for 8, with 3 picks and 5 yards of offense, while Brohm goes 5 for 11 for 1 pick and 20 yards of offense while brown goes 10 for 21 with 200 yards of offense and 2 tds and 3 picks, vs the 4th string, causing this board to go nuts in Brown worship.

or...

the bills offense will go 3 and out for the first 3 quarters of football with the defense unable to get the opposing offense off the field, resulting in an indecisive result of...

Edwards - 2 for 5, 11 yards
Brohm - 3 for 8, 5 yards
Brown - 5 for 10, 20 yards

while the bills get rolled 30 to 0, with spiller going down for the season on his first touch of the game.

Given the Bills previous decade track record, i think the 2nd possibility the most likely.

What an awesome post!! How true is that!!

Dr. Lecter
08-17-2010, 03:18 PM
When the Bills are playing for a draft pick at the end of the season as they were last year, it is not stupid to root for the Bills to lose.

Yeah, it is.

better days
08-17-2010, 05:07 PM
Yeah, it is.

Why? If the Bills drafted ahead of the 49ers a couple years ago, they could have had Willis instead of Poz.

Johnny Bugmenot
08-17-2010, 05:46 PM
The injuries need to stop, that's what needs to happen.

better days
08-17-2010, 05:54 PM
The injuries need to stop, that's what needs to happen.

Well at least this year the Bills are not alone, Miami & N.E. are suffering injuries as well.

Philagape
08-17-2010, 06:28 PM
Why? If the Bills drafted ahead of the 49ers a couple years ago, they could have had Willis instead of Poz.

They also could have had Mangold and Ngata, Oher or Orapko where they did draft. Doesn't matter where a team drafts if they can't draft for crap. I don't trust the Bills with high draft picks.

NextbillsQB
08-18-2010, 02:57 AM
I really cant stand Edwards and we all know who he is and what he does or doesnt do so I do hope he throws past 5 yards and it does what it always does when he throws those types of "bombs" and gets picked off

Billz_fan
08-18-2010, 03:25 AM
They also could have had Mangold and Ngata, Oher or Orapko where they did draft. Doesn't matter where a team drafts if they can't draft for crap. I don't trust the Bills with high draft picks.

Bingo, they have not drafted worth S....... for several years. If they draft #1 or #32 in the 1st round doesn't matter it's all about getting a player with value in Rd 1 that isn't a year or two away from contributing.

better days
08-18-2010, 07:21 AM

Yeah it sucks how poor the Bills have drafted in the past. They do have a new front office now however & I do trust them with high draft picks.

Beebe's Kid
08-18-2010, 08:23 AM
Yeah, it is.

Amen.

I like how some people think the players would actually consider conceding victory so the team could draft higher. They are professional athletes, and they have been training their whole lives to win...but some **** that eats 5 bowls of Fruit Loops while watching all the Adult Swim he can cram on the DVR in his mother's basement wants them to not try.

As bad as we are, and as much as it looked like we weren't trying at times last year, if there was ever a case where I thought they were tanking for draft position, that might be the straw that broke the camel's back.