PDA

View Full Version : Predict the Future Thread

Mike
08-17-2010, 12:56 AM
Here we go! Try to Predict the Future. Obviously there are no wrong answers, however time will tell the visionaries apart from everyone else. So try to answer these questions:

1) Predict this years record
2) Who do we Draft Next Year
3) What will our record be? Is the team getting better quickly, slowly, or can not really tell?
4) Will this team get any GOOD FAs?
5) How long will Nix/Gaily Last in Buffalo?
6) Will they make the playoffs? (I think they both have 3yr contracts so within 3yrs will Bills make playoffs)
7) Are Nix/Gaily the long term solution?
8) Do you think they make the Bills into a Contender?
9) Any additional predictions?

Mike
08-17-2010, 01:02 AM
I will go First

1) Predict this years record: 3-13
2) Who do we Draft Next Year: We Go QB in 1st, LT in 2nd
3) What will our record be following year? Is the team getting better quickly, slowly, or can not really tell? 5-11
4) Will this team get any GOOD FAs? Nope, just retreads
5) How long will Nix/Gaily Last in Buffalo? 4years
6) Will they make the playoffs? (I think they both have 3yr contracts so within 3yrs will Bills make playoffs) No
7) Are Nix/Gaily the long term solution? No
8) Do you think they make the Bills into a Contender? No
I think they will last 4years max. If they draft a QB next year, he has 1yr to learn and perform before their contract is up (2013). They may get a 1yr extension. I think the team will improve slightly with the Lines remaining the biggest issues. The QB they draft may pan out, but this regime may not benefit from the pick. At best they might take us to the Playoffs and we might be like Dave Wannstedt's Dolphines. I don't think the Bills will ever be a top 5 Team Under Nix/Gaily.

G Wolly
08-17-2010, 02:03 AM
the future?

we keep watching our team fail year by year until every one of us has died.

Johnny Bugmenot
08-17-2010, 06:23 PM
1) Predict this years record 3-13
2) Who do we Draft Next Year Andrew Luck, and he will suck without an LT.
3) What will our record be? Is the team getting better quickly, slowly, or can not really tell? Won't matter-- I'm guessing season-long lockout.
4) Will this team get any GOOD FAs? Eventually, FA hasn't been a problem with this team. It's getting FAs in the positions they need.
5) How long will Nix/Gaily Last in Buffalo? Four years. They'll stay with the team the rest of its existence in Buffalo (see #9).
6) Will they make the playoffs? (I think they both have 3yr contracts so within 3yrs will Bills make playoffs) No.
7) Are Nix/Gaily the long term solution? Not as long as Modrak and company continue to dominate the FO. They're the common denominator for the consistent failure in the past decade.
8) Do you think they make the Bills into a Contender? No.
9) Any additional predictions? Bills will be in another city by 2013.

Extremebillsfan247
08-18-2010, 08:24 AM
Here we go! Try to Predict the Future. Obviously there are no wrong answers, however time will tell the visionaries apart from everyone else. So try to answer these questions:

3) What will our record be? Is the team getting better quickly, slowly, or can not really tell?
6) Will they make the playoffs? (I think they both have 3yr contracts so within 3yrs will Bills make playoffs)

1. I think this teams record will fall somewhere between 4-12, and 7-9.
2. Next years draft is hard to predict. They went for Spiller when everyone else thought for certain they were either going QB or OT. This pick makes them unpredictable
3. There really isn't an answer for the first part of this, the second part, can't tell at this point. Too much focus is allocated to the QB position at this point.
4. Good free agents? yes, big names? no, not a part of the Nix philosophy.
5. Nix will last 3 seasons max. It wont necessarily be because we will be bad though. I think his age will come to be an issue in that decision and the Bills technically already have his replacement hired and learning under Nix. Gailey will be here for at least 4 seasons and may even get 5.
6. Immediately, they will not make the playoffs, in 2 to 3 years it is possible. The talk among media circles is that Gailey can have this team relevant by as early as next year.
7. It's way too early to determine that. Initially, they look like they do work well together, but only time will tell here.
8. Eventually, they may. I wouldn't expect it this season though. This is primarily a feel out year. Next season this team might look a lot different player wise.
9. My prediction is that 2012 is going to be the Bills year. That will be the year we will see the Gailey system in full swing mode and competitive. Next years lockout is really going to hurt this team.

DraftBoy
08-18-2010, 10:33 AM
1) 4-12
2) QB Andrew Luck in Round 1, and LT Lee Ziemba in Round 2.
3) 6-10
4) Probably not name/marquee guys
5) Nix 5-7 years, Gailey 3-4
6) No
7) No, but I think we have a few people who may be.
8) No
9) No

VeggieMan14
08-18-2010, 10:36 AM
1) 10-6
2) Ryan Mallet
3) 11-5 next year gettin better quick with a QB
4) most likely not
5)Long
6) yes
7) yes
8)yes
9)i will hopefully be making an i told you so thread[/quote]

NorthCarBills
08-18-2010, 12:37 PM

Great game! These are my guesses, not my hopes.

1. 5-11
2. Ponder
3. Again, 5-11, a slowly developing team that does not display a new "finish and win a close game" identity until mid to late in the season.
4. No good FAs will be picked up.
5. Nix and Gailey will be here until Ralph dies.
6. We will not make the playoffs in the next three years.
7. Nix/Gailey being here until Ralph dies means they will last until the team is sold and takes on its own mgmt and staff.
8. They will bring a sense of toughness to the Bills as individual players, but as a team they will not be here long enough to see them turn into a true contender. I dont see Ralph living that long.
9. Our offensive line will give up enough punishment to the QB that by the end of the season, Levi Brown or a FA QB will be playing under center.

NextbillsQB
08-18-2010, 12:39 PM

1) Predict this years record- 8-8
2) Who do we Draft Next Year- Mobile QB, dont know anyone Locker maybe
3) What will our record be? Is the team getting better quickly, slowly, or can not really tell? Slowly
4) Will this team get any GOOD FAs? We will sign a ok OT and a young 3-4 DE
5) How long will Nix/Gaily Last in Buffalo? 4-7 years
6) Will they make the playoffs? (I think they both have 3yr contracts so within 3yrs will Bills make playoffs) 2x, both lost in wildcard
7) Are Nix/Gaily the long term solution? IDK
8) Do you think they make the Bills into a Contender? IDK