X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Bills a bust in Toronto

Whatever was supposed to happen with this deal, hasn't. There is no more connection to the Bills than there is to any other NFL team here. And if Rogers could get out of this expensive arrangement now, it's almost certain it would. Ackles had it wrong: This has been a financial boon for the Bills, but an unmitigated disaster for Rogers and Toronto.

Explore the pulse of the sports world with FanNation, brought to you by Sports Illustrated. Engage with top stories, expert insights, and curated content from all major sports teams and leagues, all in one dynamic platform.
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: Bills a bust in Toronto

well i kinda want to laugh and say F you Toronto, but i still want fans in Toronto to support the Bills...we need that fan base.

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
      well i kinda want to laugh and say F you Toronto, but i still want fans in Toronto to support the Bills...we need that fan base.
      Yeah we need that fanbase....to come to Buffalo! Which is what is happening. The price is too expensive for them in Toronto and the fact that tailgating is banned...so the fans come to Buffalo for the home games instead.

Oh and I will say it...

Rogers

**** You, Toronto! Leave our team alone!
      Last edited by Michael82; 08-17-2010, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

I hate Canadians unless they are in Buffalo.

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

i hope the nfl is paying attention. just because cities are large doesn't mean they are willing to be gouged to death to watch a sport.

The cautionary tales on why not to jump back into LA are staring them in the face.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
            i hope the nfl is paying attention. just because cities are large doesn't mean they are willing to be gouged to death to watch a sport.

The cautionary tales on why not to jump back into LA are staring them in the face.
            Yeah but LA lost the quality of their pro football team when the NCAA hit USC with all those sanctions. As much as I'm relishing in USC's woes, it does make LA more attractive to the NFL.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

It's great! We suck so bad that Toronto has no interest in us.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ddaryl
                Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                • Jan 2005

if we actually had an excitnig team to watch then Toronto would have opened up to us IMO... and they would have intensified there attempt to buy the team out from under us.

This is a blessing for Bills fans as it shows Toronto is not ready for prime time NFL football...

T

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

the nfl will justify a team in LA by saying, "look, the bills situation didn' work because the average fan had a cheaper alternative of traveling to buffalo. So of course they didn't buy the high end ticket."

I agree Op, the USC thing stings. but they lost two teams already. TWO! If the bills lose one after selling out for so long, they might never bring a team back here. Yet these so called wunderkind NFL execs, want to bring football back to a region that let it go so willingly TWICE? Am I on crazy pills?

And another thing, just like with NHL, buffalo's area of ratings for football games it typically higher than the national average. Guess how the rate is set when a major network locks in. It's based on the ratings. the higher the ratings the better the price the NFL gets. If that's where a bulk of their money comes from, they might want to consider very carefully which segment they piss off.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    • May 2003

LA will get a team. It is not just the second(?) biggest TV market in the country, but a glamor spot and a bottomless pit of money. The greedy bastards that run the NFL will HAVE to put a team there.

But it doesn't have to be the Bills. As long as we remain viable, with a full stadium every week and net revenue in the top half of the league, there will be better candidates for relocation in Jacksonville, Minnesota and other places.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mikey82
                      Whatever was supposed to happen with this deal, hasn't. There is no more connection to the Bills than there is to any other NFL team here. And if Rogers could get out of this expensive arrangement now, it's almost certain it would. Ackles had it wrong: This has been a financial boon for the Bills, but an unmitigated disaster for Rogers and Toronto.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...ust-in-toronto
                      An actual winning franchise might help here. It's kind of hard to build a fan base in any market when you can't win. That goes for any pro sports franchise period. What else would you expect after watching this team play over the last decade? Struggling to put butts in the seats in Toronto is hardly surprising with this organization to this point. Only winning can change that.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                        • Mar 2004

Maybe if they didn't charge outrageous prices for tickets, people would go to TO to see them. Why would I pay double what I'd pay in Buffalo, to watch them indoors? It makes no sense. I'd rather go roughly the same distance, and see them in Buffalo, outdoors, how Bills football should be played.

Comment

• more cowbell
                          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                          LA will get a team. It is not just the second(?) biggest TV market in the country, but a glamor spot and a bottomless pit of money. The greedy bastards that run the NFL will HAVE to put a team there.

But it doesn't have to be the Bills. As long as we remain viable, with a full stadium every week and net revenue in the top half of the league, there will be better candidates for relocation in Jacksonville, Minnesota and other places.

If Toronto was in the United States it would be the second-largest TV market. Population wise it's bigger than LA, Chicago, Phoenix etc....but that doesnt make up for their lack of support for NFL football.
                          The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            • May 2003

Originally posted by more cowbell
                            If Toronto was in the United States it would be the second-largest TV market. Population wise it's bigger than LA, Chicago, Phoenix etc....but that doesnt make up for their lack of support for NFL football.
                            This has WHAT to do with my opinion that LA will inevitably get another NFL franchise?

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                              This has WHAT to do with my opinion that LA will inevitably get another NFL franchise?
                              I think he is correctly saying LA Supports the NFL about as well as Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                              X