Stop the INSANITY! Brohm is not winning the imaginary QB competition.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Stop the INSANITY! Brohm is not winning the imaginary QB competition.

I was desperately trying to hold off til Thursday but I just can't. People, please, look at the reality of the situation.

I know many of you hate Edwards and I'll be the first to say that you have some valid points but Edwards is starting and that is the reality of the situation:

1) Gailey can tell you all day that the QB competition is open but Edwards is playing with the first team for a reason. If there was a real battle here than Brohm would be starting the game on Thursday with the starters. If you want a true evaluation of Brohm than wouldn't you have him in with the starters? The second pre-season game would be a logical one.

2) Gailey is implementing a new offense. He needs as much time as possible to put it in place. If there were any questions about Edwards ability it would have been already addressed.

3) Gailey has said that every position on the team is up for grabs. Is POZ and Stroud really in danger of losing their roster spots? It's coach speak people.

I'm reading all of these threads like Brohm has some chance to emerge as the starter. Not happeneing.

I'll take it a step further. Edwards could have a bad game and Brohm could have a great game and it still won't matter.
  • Dr. Pepper
    • Apr 2008

Re: Stop the INSANITY! Brohm is not winning the imaginary QB competition.

i hope edwards starts because I want no more illusions as to how bad he actually is. when all 3 QBs flame out and look like horse**** throughout the season, i want gailey to realize he NEEDS to draft a QB and cant just mold the poop on this roster into gold.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Dr. Pepper
      i hope edwards starts because I want no more illusions as to how bad he actually is. when all 3 QBs flame out and look like horse**** throughout the season, i want gailey to realize he NEEDS to draft a QB and cant just mold the poop on this roster into gold.
      I've seen QBs take a broken play and turn it into a TD. I've seen others throw a pick. I think we have the latter.

Unless Edwards is in the perfect situation where the line is giving him 4 seonds a down he is not the QB for this team. Rothlinsberger, Palmer, and bunch other QBs would struggle here but they would play better and that's a fact.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
        Pinkerton's son
        • Feb 2006

you're probably right that Edwards is starting HH, but that doesnt mean we're happy about it...as it has been said so many times before, choosing our QB out of this group is like choosing between a douche, a turd sandwich, and a diaper filled with indian food.

Comment

• hydro
          • Oct 2005

Not many are claiming that it is a possibility that Brohm starts for us to start the season. I am not an idiot, I see the same things you do. All things point to Edwards as being our starter. I just don't want Fitz coming in half way through the season when all is lost and we are just trying something different (like last season). Fitz needs to be cut and Brohm needs to be the next player after Edwards to see what he's got. Hopefully between the two of them we can figure out we have nothing at QB so we can draft one in 2011.
          BERNIAC!

Comment

• mikemac2001
            is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
            • Mar 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The issue with the whole brohm Atlanta game, is he was playing on the scout team the whole month then actually ran our offense for one week. He wasn't even getting reps with our playbook

****ing idiots give the guy a real chance if he fails he fails. Trent doesn't have it atleast brees looked like a qb

I know bc I followed brees since
            College.

Trent hasn't been the same since that hit in Arizona and I doubt he gets it back.

Brohm has played 1 NFL game

if trent plays like he did in the last game i would like to see brohm with the starters if he fails well **** were screwed

MUCK
            FIAMI

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
              Pinkerton's son
              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by hydrosmak
              Not many are claiming that it is a possibility that Brohm starts for us to start the season. I am not an idiot, I see the same things you do. All things point to Edwards as being our starter. I just don't want Fitz coming in half way through the season when all is lost and we are just trying something different (like last season). Fitz needs to be cut and Brohm needs to be the next player after Edwards to see what he's got. Hopefully between the two of them we can figure out we have nothing at QB so we can draft one in 2011.
              its sad that this is our reality, that we are basically hoping that our QBs suck enough to show our coaches that we need to draft a QB...I know we all want the Bills to do well but our QB situation is bad enough that we reallllly need to move on and try to solidify the position.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

There are a few on here holding out hope that this competition is real.

I used to be in the camp of give me the unknown and take our chances. I hate Fitzpatrick but if Edwards does get hurt (likely) I'd rather have the guy that can help develop the other players around him.

Having Brohm throw incompletions all over the field isn't going to help us. I'd rather have Spiller, Johnson, and others develop for next year.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Im hoping we just let Spiller play QB full time.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                    • Sep 2008

Yeah, I think you have the pulse of the majority of Bills fans summed up right here. But it's like groundhogs day all over again. He does really good in camp, comes out for a couple of games of the season, plays well, then falls of a cliff with his talent in tow. It's the same thing with Edwards every single year.

I can be as optimistic as anyone here, but even I know this season has all the makings of a disaster just lying in wait. He just isn't good enough of a QB to get it done at this level. I actually feel bad for those who hold out hope that some how a light is going to come on in that head of his and all of a sudden he is going to get it. I'm sorry, but I just don't see it.
                    Edwards will never be any better than he is right now. I'd be willing to put money on it. That is how confident I am that Edwards just flat out sucks as a QB. I'm actually contemplating whether or not I even want to watch the games this year with him as the starting QB which is something I have NEVER done before. That's the saddest thing about it all. I can't sit there and watch my Bills get systematically destroyed because the QB doesn't have the heart to throw that ball past 10 yards when the game counts, and can't stay healthy. This season is going to be heartbreaking to watch.

lol There's my rant for the day.. I'm done, carry on. Nothing to see here.. JMO...

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                      short bus extraordinaire
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                      I know many of you hate Edwards

the hypocrites are running rampant in here.
                      Originally posted by yordad
                      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• more cowbell
                        • Apr 2006

All three QB's are below average...and what makes it worse is our offensive line is WELL below average.
                        The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• dasaybz
                          • Apr 2005

The more I see Edwards play, the more it makes me think he's the worst QB on this team. I would almost be willing to bet my lunch money that right now Brown is better than him.

What exactly has Edwards shown us in the past year? Can anyone come up with anything positive at all?

Comment

• dasaybz
                            • Apr 2005

I'll take it a step further. Edwards could have a bad game and Brohm could have a great game and it still won't matter.
                            What makes you so confident in this? I think that you are highly mistaken if you think that the coaching staff wouldn't take notice if Edwards puked again and Brohm lit it up.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                              • Jul 2002

I've seen QBs take a broken play and turn it into a TD. I've seen others throw a pick. I think we have the latter.

Unless Edwards is in the perfect situation where the line is giving him 4 seonds a down he is not the QB for this team. Rothlinsberger, Palmer, and bunch other QBs would struggle here but they would play better and that's a fact.
                              Rothlisberger plays behind an OL that is just as bad as the Bills. Eventually, you have to realize that the QB helps make the OL look better or worse...this seems to be lost on some fans.

Comment

Working...
                              X