PDA

View Full Version : Chan Defends Capt check down.

justasportsfan
08-17-2010, 03:00 PM
Gailey was asked specifically about Trent Edwards and his decision making with respect to throwing downfield. The exact question that was asked was if he’d rather see Trent throwing downfield and make some mistakes in the preseason. Here was Gailey’s answer.

“No, I’d rather him make the right read. And I have to give him enough opportunities. If he checks it down, it’s not him, it’s me. If he throws it under four yards every time, we’re not doing the right things to get people open down the field,” said Gailey. ”So I want him to make the right reads and go to the right place. And if we’re not getting people open, then we either have to get different people or we have to create better schemes to get those guys open.”

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/08/17/chan-says-put-short-passes-on-him/

it was the same thing last night. Trent checks down. Fitz comes in and makes his first throw 10-20 yards. Brohm comes in same thing.

Why is it that the other qb's can find wr's 10 yards out and Trent cant?

SquishDaFish
08-17-2010, 03:01 PM
HH already started this thread. Its labeled HH Mancrush on Trents nutsack.... Well thats what it should be anyway

justasportsfan
08-17-2010, 03:03 PM
HH already started this thread. Its labeled HH Mancrush on Trents nutsack.... Well thats what it should be anyway
I can't read any of HH's posts unless it's quoted. The Mods decided that I am allowed to laugh for so much.

The King
08-17-2010, 03:03 PM
Gailey is trying to rebuild a broken man. Can't blame him for giving it a try.

Obviously he sees something there worth trying to fix.

Worse case scenario we have two other sub par QB;'s to try.

justasportsfan
08-17-2010, 03:09 PM
Gailey is trying to rebuild a broken man. Can't blame him for giving it a try.

Obviously he sees something there worth trying to fix.

Worse case scenario we have two other sub par QB;'s to try.

I agree. Sad part is that we're going to have to go through a trainwreck of a season while sorting this thing out.

The King
08-17-2010, 04:00 PM
I agree. Sad part is that we're going to have to go through a trainwreck of a season while sorting this thing out.

The good news is that it has to end after this season.