Tim Graham Bills camp most elementary and most physical....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sauce
    • Dec 2008

Tim Graham Bills camp most elementary and most physical....

As I made my rounds to the AFC East training camps over the past two and a half weeks, the most common questions are "Where else have you been?" and "How do the [insert name of team here] look compared to other teams?

How'd they look? AFC East camp musings

By Tim Graham

As I made my rounds to the AFC East training camps over the past two and a half weeks, the most common questions are "Where else have you been?" and "How do the [insert name of team here] look compared to other teams?"

Since folks have been curious, I decided to break out some superlatives of what I saw.

My tour, which began with the Buffalo Bills at St. John Fisher College, ended after a few days with the New York Jets at SUNY Cortland. In between, I spent time with the Miami Dolphins and watched the New England Patriots practice against the New Orleans Saints.

Please don't post full articles. -King Bedard
    Last edited by The King; 08-17-2010, 03:45 PM.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Tim Graham Bills camp most elementary and most physical....

It shows that so far with what he has to work with, Gailey is doing the right thing to the letter.

Now find him some talent.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

I always liked the business like approach. It's more focused. There's nothing to celebrate until you win a sb.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Throne Logic
        Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
        • Aug 2002

It's good to know Chan is bringing it down to the fundamentals, because this team certainly needs a refresher.

But it's really sad that an NFL team has sunk so low that they have to spend the majority of training camp working on fundamentals.
        Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

The Bills are the of the NFL
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Buddo
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Throne Logic
            It's good to know Chan is bringing it down to the fundamentals, because this team certainly needs a refresher.

But it's really sad that an NFL team has sunk so low that they have to spend the majority of training camp working on fundamentals.
            Relatively young team = concentrate on getting the basics right first.

Do all the basics right, and you then have a genuine foundation upon which to build.

It's actually a pretty standard format for success in just about any sports. Be able to do all the regular stuff whenever you need to, and you can then start to add on the fancy things. No cake = nothing to add the icing to.

Comment

• Throne Logic
              Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
              • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Buddo
              Relatively young team = concentrate on getting the basics right first.

Do all the basics right, and you then have a genuine foundation upon which to build.

It's actually a pretty standard format for success in just about any sports. Be able to do all the regular stuff whenever you need to, and you can then start to add on the fancy things. No cake = nothing to add the icing to.
              Oh, I get it. This team definitely needs to start with the preamble in the book of football fundamentals. No argument with that at all.

It's just that at the NFL level players are getting annual salaries that exceed my ultimate retirement goals. Couple that with the article's sited examples of the "advanced" subjects other teams are addressing at their camps, I find the Buffalo situation sad. Don't forget, they've been bringing in "teachers" now for a decade to educate this team.
              Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• Hogwasher
                • Aug 2010

Thanks, man. It makes sense that our camp would focus the most on fundamentals.
                Last edited by Hogwasher; 08-17-2010, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X