PDA

View Full Version : Tim Graham Bills camp most elementary and most physical....

sauce
08-17-2010, 03:25 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/16350/howd-they-look-afc-east-camp-musings

How'd they look? AFC East camp musings

By Tim Graham

As I made my rounds to the AFC East training camps over the past two and a half weeks, the most common questions are "Where else have you been?" and "How do the [insert name of team here] look compared to other teams?"

Since folks have been curious, I decided to break out some superlatives of what I saw.

My tour, which began with the Buffalo Bills at St. John Fisher College, ended after a few days with the New York Jets at SUNY Cortland. In between, I spent time with the Miami Dolphins and watched the New England Patriots practice against the New Orleans Saints.

Please don't post full articles. -King Bedard

Night Train
08-17-2010, 03:28 PM
It shows that so far with what he has to work with, Gailey is doing the right thing to the letter.

Now find him some talent.

justasportsfan
08-17-2010, 03:30 PM
I always liked the business like approach. It's more focused. There's nothing to celebrate until you win a sb.

Throne Logic
08-17-2010, 03:39 PM
It's good to know Chan is bringing it down to the fundamentals, because this team certainly needs a refresher.

But it's really sad that an NFL team has sunk so low that they have to spend the majority of training camp working on fundamentals.

Philagape
08-17-2010, 04:06 PM
The Bills are the :shortbus: of the NFL

Buddo
08-17-2010, 07:23 PM
It's good to know Chan is bringing it down to the fundamentals, because this team certainly needs a refresher.

But it's really sad that an NFL team has sunk so low that they have to spend the majority of training camp working on fundamentals.

Relatively young team = concentrate on getting the basics right first.

Do all the basics right, and you then have a genuine foundation upon which to build.

It's actually a pretty standard format for success in just about any sports. Be able to do all the regular stuff whenever you need to, and you can then start to add on the fancy things. No cake = nothing to add the icing to. ;)

Throne Logic
08-17-2010, 10:03 PM
Relatively young team = concentrate on getting the basics right first.

Do all the basics right, and you then have a genuine foundation upon which to build.

It's actually a pretty standard format for success in just about any sports. Be able to do all the regular stuff whenever you need to, and you can then start to add on the fancy things. No cake = nothing to add the icing to. ;)

Oh, I get it. This team definitely needs to start with the preamble in the book of football fundamentals. No argument with that at all.

It's just that at the NFL level players are getting annual salaries that exceed my ultimate retirement goals. Couple that with the article's sited examples of the "advanced" subjects other teams are addressing at their camps, I find the Buffalo situation sad. Don't forget, they've been bringing in "teachers" now for a decade to educate this team.

Hogwasher
08-17-2010, 10:10 PM
Thanks, man. It makes sense that our camp would focus the most on fundamentals.