solid question about Brian Brohm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pintonick96
    You guys are all nerds. Just give me team updates and STFU.
    • Aug 2005

solid question about Brian Brohm

Okay, why the **** are people thinking Brian Brohm should be the starter on this team? When was the last time he had a productive season?

His Jr year of college. He was garbage his senior year with a new coach. He's a college system QB. Why don't we just pick up Colt Brennan? He atleast could win a few games his senior year of college. Or What about Graham Harrell? He threw for a ****load of yards in college and he's doing nothing. His last productive year was atleast 2008.

The only reason ppl want Brohm is because he's not Trent or Fitzy. Fitzy atleast won a few games last year for us.

So like I say every year you ****ing nerds, go back to finding information out about the Bills so I don't have to dig for it and leave your god damn opinions to your ****ing self.
  • buffalobillsfan95
    • Jan 2010

Re: solid question about Brian Brohm

Well it can't hurt to put any qb in as starter were most likely will be choosing a quarterback in the first round anyways
    “The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Comment

• JCBills
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by pintonick96
      Okay, why the **** are people thinking Brian Brohm should be the starter on this team? When was the last time he had a productive season?

His Jr year of college. He was garbage his senior year with a new coach. He's a college system QB. Why don't we just pick up Colt Brennan? He atleast could win a few games his senior year of college. Or What about Graham Harrell? He threw for a ****load of yards in college and he's doing nothing. His last productive year was atleast 2008.

The only reason ppl want Brohm is because he's not Trent or Fitzy. Fitzy atleast won a few games last year for us.

So like I say every year you ****ing nerds, go back to finding information out about the Bills so I don't have to dig for it and leave your god damn opinions to your ****ing self.
      This is one of the most recycled lines on here. Brohm improved in almost every statistical category on a personal level. The team's record was worse, yeah, but the defense wasn't helping the cause much. The D lost Okoye and others. The only time Brohm failed to put up a good amount of points was against USF, where he faced Mike Jenkins and Trae Williams, which was a very, very good college CB tandem. The defense allowed 377 points that year.

Also appears you don't understand the difference between a spread and a pro system with your references, good job.

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

I don't know if Brohm should be the starter, but I can't wait to see what he has this Thursday.

His senior year he had a new HC, new system & lost players to graduation from the year before.

In his "****y" year 2007, Brohm passed for over 4000 Yds, Threw 30 TD's vs 12 INT's for a QB rating of 152. Those are FAR BETTER stats than Trent has. Trent has passed for over 2000 yds only once in 2008 for the Bills.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Because he's not Edwards or Fitzpatrick.

That was easy enough.

Next?
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days
            His senior year he had a new HC, new system & lost players to graduation from the year before.
            Just like now!
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Philagape
              Just like now!
              Well Brohm has said that unlike Green Bay, this system is very similar to the one he ran in Louisville & he is very comfortable in it.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by JCBills
                This is one of the most recycled lines on here. Brohm improved in almost every statistical category on a personal level. The team's record was worse, yeah, but the defense wasn't helping the cause much. The D lost Okoye and others. The only time Brohm failed to put up a good amount of points was against USF, where he faced Mike Jenkins and Trae Williams, which was a very, very good college CB tandem. The defense allowed 377 points that year.

Also appears you don't understand the difference between a spread and a pro system with your references, good job.
                The stats that got worse:

Yards per attempt went down
                Sacks went up
                TD to Int ratio went down
                QB Rating down
                Ints per attempt went up

the improved ones:

Completion % went up
                TDs per attempt went up

Most of his stats got worse as was originally stated.

View the profile of Buffalo Bills Quarterback Brian Brohm on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.
                Last edited by Dr. Lecter; 08-17-2010, 07:40 PM.
                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                  Dances With Buffaloes
                  • Sep 2002

so... you don't watch college football i guess. His senior year was mostly superior to his jr year

2006 199 313 3049 63.6 9.74 75 16 5 17 159.08
                  2007 308 473 4024 65.1 8.51 81 29 12 25 151.73
                  Last edited by Ingtar33; 08-17-2010, 07:45 PM.
                  My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                    Zero for Zero!
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                    so... you don't watch college football i guess. His senior year was mostly superior to his jr year

2006 199 313 3049 63.6 9.74 75 16 5 17 159.08
                    2007 308 473 4024 65.1 8.51 81 29 12 25 151.73
                    Really?

His senior year was way worse.

take a closer look at the numbers.

I broke then down already.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter

Sacks went up
                      QB Rating down
                      Ints per attempt went up

the improved ones:

Completion % went up
                      TDs per attempt went up

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player...layerId=164609
                      30 TD's vs 12 INT's

152 QB rating

Over 4000 Yds passing

In his "down" year. I will take a starting QB on the Bills with those numbers GLADLY.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                        • Jul 2002

Sacks went up
                        QB Rating down
                        Ints per attempt went up

the improved ones:

Completion % went up
                        TDs per attempt went up

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player...layerId=164609
                        Man, you seriously have it in for Brohm. You really have nothing to say to people who continue to post their support for him...you do exactly the same thing, but on the negative side of things.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                          Man, you seriously have it in for Brohm. You really have nothing to say to people who continue to post their support for him...you do exactly the same thing, but on the negative side of things.

That is because he has done nothing and has not earned any positive praise.

I hope he works out. I really do. I would love to be wrong.

But history suggests I am not.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Really?

His senior year was way worse.

take a closer look at the numbers.

I broke then down already.
                            Yeah, because throwing for over 4000 YDs, 30TD's vs 12INT's, 152 QB rating sucks. I wish we had a guy like that on the Bills..........oh wait, we do, Brian Brohm!!!!

Comment

• Nighthawk
                              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                              • Jul 2002

That is because he has done nothing and has not earned any positive praise.

I hope he works out. I really do. I would love to be wrong.

But history suggests I am not.
                              You know that I'm not pushing for any of these QB's, but I can seriously state that I have no idea how Brohm would do...he hasn't been give a chance. Those who state he has are incorrect. Did he get beat by a 7th rounder? Yes, but there are other players who have failed at their first shot in this league and then had solid careers. I'm not suggesting he will be one them, but you cannot say definitively that he won't...that kind of talk is a little ignorant. On the other hand, it's also ignorant to believe he is the answer to our problems. Without seeing him given an opportunity, nobody can really be sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X