PDA

View Full Version : Ellis Turning Heads Among Coaches

BillsWin
08-17-2010, 09:26 PM
LINK... (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article103348.ece)

PITTSFORD -- Chris Ellis was an invisible man during his first two seasons with the Buffalo Bills. He has played in just 10 career games, and his minuscule contributions reflect that lack of time on the field.
Now the 2008 third-round draft pick heads into a new year with a new coaching staff and a new defense that has him playing a new position.
Ellis is trying to make the transition to outside linebacker in the Bills' 3-4 defense. Although some NFL scouts projected him at the position coming out of Virginia Tech, he was strictly a defensive end in college.
Adjusting to playing with his hand off the ground has been a challenge, to say the least.
"I'd be lying to you if I said it wasn't hard at first because I'm doing things I never had to do before," he said. "But it's going pretty well as far as me knowing what to do and picking up the scheme.
"There is a lot more I need to learn. With me being as tall as I am, I have to keep working on getting my pad level down. Play recognition and being in the right spots when you're supposed to be there are important as well."

It would be amazing if we could get solid production out of this guy.

Hogwasher
08-17-2010, 10:08 PM
I sure do hope he can become a solid starter. I don't think we are looking at a diamond in the rough.

BillsWin
08-17-2010, 10:31 PM
I wish they had quoted Edwards about him. You don't write that a D-coordinator is "raving" about a player and then not post what the coach said...

Jan Reimers
08-18-2010, 12:43 PM
After watching Ellis's produce nothing his first 2 seasons, the coaches are probably surprised that he has a pulse.

NextbillsQB
08-18-2010, 12:44 PM
After watching Ellis's produce nothing his first 2 seasons, the coaches are probably surprised that he has a pulse.

I listed him as an A on my ratings for the preseason game

Jan Reimers
08-18-2010, 12:45 PM
He has looked better. I guess 3-4 OLB is a better fit for him.

elltrain22
08-18-2010, 12:52 PM
I'm sorry, but whatever these guys do in camp, thats considered good, we shouldn't get that excited about b/c in Ellis case, he's going up against a really crappy o-line. He should be doing well, b/c our offensive line couldn't protect a cold.

FlyingDutchman
08-18-2010, 01:26 PM
let this be a lesson for maybin haters...i agree maybins not doing much but hes still a kid and raw