PDA

View Full Version : David Nelson's injury not that bad. Should be back next week.

BillsWin
08-17-2010, 09:46 PM
Via his twitter account.

Thanks for the prayers. Results are much better than expected. Takin it day to day but should be back on the field as soon as next week!
http://twitter.com/DNelson83

:D :up: :dance2:

psubills62
08-17-2010, 09:51 PM
The kid's had two injuries in TC already and came back from the first one quicker than expected. If he comes back from this one in a week, he'd better make the roster. With how many injuries crop up, we need people who can recover fast.

Even if he missed all of preseason, I still think he'd make the final roster.

Dr. Pepper
08-17-2010, 09:55 PM
the way chan was talking, it sounded like he was a lock either way.

JCBills
08-17-2010, 10:34 PM
the way chan was talking, it sounded like he was a lock either way.

I thought it sounded that way too, talking about getting him back for the opener.

more cowbell
08-18-2010, 12:43 AM
I think it's between nelson and chad jackson...as far as last game went nelson out performed jackson in limited time. i saw gailey yelling at jackson after one missed third down conversion on what looked like a missed pre-snap read.

It's still early though, I like both guys...just waiting for someone to step it up big time

Buffalogic
08-18-2010, 02:41 AM
I think it's between nelson and chad jackson...as far as last game went nelson out performed jackson in limited time. i saw gailey yelling at jackson after one missed third down conversion on what looked like a missed pre-snap read.

It's still early though, I like both guys...just waiting for someone to step it up big timeI don't see how they can cut either of those two.

I think they definitely have to keep all of the following...

Evans
St. Johnson
Parrish
Nelson
C. Jackson
Easely (Possible IR)

Cut everyone else. Yes Hardy too.

BillyT92679
08-18-2010, 06:44 AM
I agree
it's between Nelson and Hardy, and Hardy is definitely on the outside looking in.
I think David is a lock

Mahdi
08-18-2010, 07:25 AM
I don't see how they can cut either of those two.

I think they definitely have to keep all of the following...

Evans
St. Johnson
Parrish
Nelson
C. Jackson
Easely (Possible IR)

Cut everyone else. Yes Hardy too.
I don't think Hardy should get cut. From what I am seeing, he makes great catches and uses his body well in practice.

In the game, he has the same problem everyone else on the team has, Trent Edwards.

Think about it, how many times was he thrown to his rookie year? Maybe 6-7 times? He caught two nice TDs and a tight ball over the middle against the Cardinals, the very play that Adrian Wilson took out Trent.

This guy just needs a chance and maybe to see the football in a game. He is what he is, a big receiver, doesn't run great routes but uses his body and length well and has strong hands.

Good Qbs know how to take advantage of those qualities.

k-oneputt
08-18-2010, 07:31 AM
The problems on this team are the same one's for the last ten years, QB and o-line.

DraftBoy
08-18-2010, 07:42 AM
Don't count out Donald Jones just yet. He'll get more time tomorrow with Nelson out and he was clearly one of our better WR's yesterday.

Jan Reimers
08-18-2010, 09:33 AM
We can't seem to keep our WRs healthy.

HHURRICANE
08-18-2010, 09:41 AM
Hardy is a terrible route runner so whether he catches the ball is irrelevant. If he can't get open he's useless to us. This is the same problem with Parrish. Parrish is super fast but he gets knocked off the line on every play.

I hear "why" on this board alot and the answer is watching the games closer.

For all of the abuse that Edwards gets nobody ever understands that we have limited WR talent and a line that can't pass protect. The quick fix is QB but unless you want Michael Vick no QB is coming in here and taking us to the promised land.

The Bills had their best start in 2008 because the line was pass protecting and we had Josh Reed making alot of catches. Everyone wants to point out that the concussion changed Edwards. But people forget the line had injuries after that and he lost his best weapon in Josh Reed.

better days
08-18-2010, 10:01 AM
Hardy is a terrible route runner so whether he catches the ball is irrelevant. If he can't get open he's useless to us. This is the same problem with Parrish. Parrish is super fast but he gets knocked off the line on every play.

For all of the abuse that Edwards gets nobody ever understands that we have limited WR talent and a line that can't pass protect. The quick fix is QB but unless you want Michael Vick no QB is coming in here and taking us to the promised land.

The Bills had their best start in 2008 because the line was pass protecting and we had Josh Reed making alot of catches. Everyone wants to point out that the concussion changed Edwards. But people forget the line had injuries after that and he lost his best weapon in Josh Reed.

So you think Reed is better than TO?

k-oneputt
08-18-2010, 10:12 AM
Reed was his best weapon, in your opinion, because he couldn't get downfield had fit right into Trents dumpoff mindset.

Mahdi
08-18-2010, 10:43 AM

Reed was a weapon?

Your evaluation of Hardy is interesting. I don't think anyone on this board is in position to properly evaluate Hardy as a route runner considering his limited time on the field. For a guy that tall getting in and out of breaks is naturally difficult. Plaxico Burress was never a great route runner but he was effective because he learned to use his size to create a target area for his QB. Hardy is learning the same thing at the NFL level, although he already had that skill at the college level.

Hardy will never be Desean Jackson or Reggie Wayne in terms or routes. He can however be a Plax or Sidney Rice type receiver.

Notice how Sidney Rice suddenly emerged as a receiver when Favre got to Minnesota?

Pinkerton Security
08-18-2010, 11:13 AM
Reed was a weapon?

Your evaluation of Hardy is interesting. I don't think anyone on this board is in position to properly evaluate Hardy as a route runner considering his limited time on the field. For a guy that tall getting in and out of breaks is naturally difficult. Plaxico Burress was never a great route runner but he was effective because he learned to use his size to create a target area for his QB. Hardy is learning the same thing at the NFL level, although he already had that skill at the college level.

Hardy will never be Desean Jackson or Reggie Wayne in terms or routes. He can however be a Plax or Sidney Rice type receiver.

Notice how Sidney Rice suddenly emerged as a receiver when Favre got to Minnesota?

As was already stated kinda, Reed was a weapon for Trent because he was a short to intermediate receiver, which is the only kind Trent ever looks for...plus Reed's RAC ability is way underrated.

Mahdi
08-18-2010, 11:25 AM
As was already stated kinda, Reed was a weapon for Trent because he was a short to intermediate receiver, which is the only kind Trent ever looks for...plus Reed's RAC ability is way underrated.
Owens is also a short to intermediate receiver also and Trent couldn't get him the football.

You're right though, Reed is a little underrated, if he ever had a QB he could have done more with his career.

Nighthawk
08-18-2010, 12:41 PM
Sounds like it is nothing serious...this is finally some good news on the injury front.

http://twitter.com/DNelson83/statuses/21453486661

NextbillsQB
08-18-2010, 12:43 PM
already thread made bout dis

Nighthawk
08-18-2010, 12:43 PM
already thread made bout dis

Damn...my bad...MODS PLEASE MERGE!