PDA

View Full Version : NFL Sunday Ticket

northernbillfan
08-18-2010, 09:13 AM
So I ordered Sunday Ticket from my cable provider, as I do every year, and was sad to hear that my DVR would not support the format the NFL is now broadcasting.

I then received a call from my cable company saying they would switch out my old 160 Gig DVR for one that supports mpeg4 format. They gave me a brand new 500Gig DVR for FREE!!!

I don't know if this is going to be an issue with anyone south of the border, but be aware of this as the NFL has changed to mpeg4 and your existing box may not support the new format. You should check with your cable company before you order Sunday Ticket to see if your box is compatible.

Jan Reimers
08-18-2010, 09:32 AM
I thought NFL Sunday Ticket was available only through DirecTV.

trapezeus
08-18-2010, 09:36 AM
for the US markets, i believe. as per usual the americans get the raw end of the deal.

northernbillfan
08-18-2010, 09:37 AM
I thought NFL Sunday Ticket was available only through DirecTV.I can order the package thropugh my cable provider. It's only $29.99 a month for four months and I get 6 HiDef games a week and every game as well.

Jan Reimers
08-18-2010, 09:43 AM
I can order the package thropugh my cable provider. It's only $29.99 a month for four months and I get 6 HiDef games a week and every game as well.
DirecTV is at least twice that amount.

northernbillfan
08-18-2010, 09:43 AM
DirecTV is at least twice that amount.Ouch!

northernbillfan
08-18-2010, 09:44 AM
DirecTV is at least twice that amount.I did get in on the early bird price which goes up to $44.99 after Sept 5th.

RockStar36
08-18-2010, 09:52 AM
I think Sunday Ticket is one of the biggest scams out there, but the price up in Canada is apparently very well worth it.

madness
08-18-2010, 10:01 AM
WTF, I'm moving to Can... well, somewhere else outside the US.

hammerbillsfan
08-18-2010, 10:12 AM
You guys get ripped off.

Jan Reimers
08-18-2010, 10:37 AM
Do you guys have socialized TV in Canada, too?

VeggieMan14
08-18-2010, 10:39 AM
Do you guys have socialized TV in Canada, too?:lol:

dplus47
08-18-2010, 12:29 PM
for the US markets, i believe. as per usual the americans get the raw end of the deal.

Not only do we get raw deals in many areas, but many of us are extremely proud of the raw deals we get, as if they make us better than the people who are getting good deals.

Jan Reimers
08-18-2010, 12:35 PM
Yeah, I try to pay full retail plus at least 10% for everything I buy. Keeps the economy humming.

superbills
08-18-2010, 12:42 PM
Jan is right. I'm paying $60 a month for 5 months. The plus side is I'm a new DirecTV sub and that's ALL I'm paying for 5 months, while getting everything else thrown in for free. Nice little startup package, but I don't think I'll be renewing NFL ST next year.

Dujek
08-18-2010, 12:44 PM
I re-upped my subscription to NFL Gamepass, which gives me every game in HD, plus all the games are archived so you can watch them when you want during the week, new for this year you can watch 4 games at a time on split-screen, and all the preview and highlight shows from the NFL Network are archived. Also new for this year is the addition of the pre-season games, which are archived as well.

Plus I have all the 2009 games archived, and get the NFL Network streaming 24/7.

All on my laptop, which means I have it anywhere I go.

The last buffalo fan
08-18-2010, 01:21 PM
WTF, I'm moving to Can... well, somewhere else outside the US.

I'm paying only $90 to $95 bucks for the season paying it on 5 montlhy payments. I have SKY as my regular monthly TV Cable provider, and you can have the NFL package with the minimum service/signal that is no more than $25 a month. Not bad for a third world country I guess.

madness
08-18-2010, 01:28 PM
I'm paying only $90 to $95 bucks for the season paying it on 5 montlhy payments. I have SKY as my regular monthly TV Cable provider, and you can have the NFL package with the minimum service/signal that is no more than $25 a month. Not bad for a third world country I guess.

Mexico it is!

DMBcrew36
08-18-2010, 02:29 PM
DirecTV is at least twice that amount.

Yea. I would rather cut myself than pay for Sunday Ticket. It is an unbelievable rip-off compared to NHL Center Ice Pack. All I want is Red Zone channel anyway.

BlackMetalNinja
08-18-2010, 03:13 PM
Yea. I would rather cut myself than pay for Sunday Ticket. It is an unbelievable rip-off compared to NHL Center Ice Pack. All I want is Red Zone channel anyway.Check out the thread I started last week...
Red Zone Channel Free on DirecTV (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=194414)

DMBcrew36
08-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Check out the thread I started last week...
Red Zone Channel Free on DirecTV (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=194414)

Hmmm... nice. I might have to try that, because it is all I want.

Dujek
08-22-2010, 03:01 PM
Been playing about with the 2010 version of Gamepass with the pre-season games.

This is what heaven looks like...

northernbillfan
08-23-2010, 12:03 PM
Been playing about with the 2010 version of Gamepass with the pre-season games.

This is what heaven looks like...I'd like to see that offered up here.

madness
08-24-2010, 10:50 AM
This is what heaven looks like...
I must have been a better person... ;)

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/jPv3aM5CH-8/0.jpg

Marvelous
08-24-2010, 02:45 PM
I pay out the arse for Direct tv and the sunday ticket & up until this year i was paying a extra 100 for HD..
---I no longer have the complaining attitude about this. Instead i am GRATEFUL that i get to watch BILLS games from my couch since i'm not in the area..
---Sunday ticket is only Direct TV. The thread stater gave the impression that he has Sunday Ticket form a cable company instead of Direct TV & that's impossible as far as i know..My bill is 200 during the football season...
---Super glad to watch the game on my couch instead of in my local Jet & Pats infested bar/lounge where a fight would find me every other week..bah!
/toast to division free enviroment!

SquishDaFish
08-24-2010, 06:01 PM
I pay out the arse for Direct tv and the sunday ticket & up until this year i was paying a extra 100 for HD..
---I no longer have the complaining attitude about this. Instead i am GRATEFUL that i get to watch BILLS games from my couch since i'm not in the area..
---Sunday ticket is only Direct TV. The thread stater gave the impression that he has Sunday Ticket form a cable company instead of Direct TV & that's impossible as far as i know..My bill is 200 during the football season...
---Super glad to watch the game on my couch instead of in my local Jet & Pats infested bar/lounge where a fight would find me every other week..bah!
/toast to division free enviroment!

In Canada they can get the Sunday Ticket on cable