PDA

View Full Version : Is game SOLD OUT tomorrow? or will it be Blacked out Locally?

bigbub2352
08-18-2010, 12:58 PM
I may be mistaken but if the game is not sold out tomorrow in Toronto...isn't it blacked out locally in B-LO?

I havent heard a peep about this...anyone know anything?

Dr. Lecter
08-18-2010, 12:59 PM
I think Rogers bought all of the tickets ahead of time so it is technically a sell-out.

CuseJetsFan83
08-18-2010, 01:02 PM
with it being at a "neutral" location you should be fine, however, i don't have the foggiest idea on a ruling from the NFL regarding that

bigbub2352
08-18-2010, 01:03 PM
I think Rogers bought all of the tickets ahead of time so it is technically a sell-out.

well i figured that was the case the argo fans could care less about the bills up there from what i hear it is a big joke...anyways thanks for info is this confirmed?

PromoTheRobot
08-18-2010, 01:44 PM
Hopefully it will be blacked out so you don't have to watch it.

PTR

ddaryl
08-18-2010, 01:47 PM
whens the replay on NFL nbetwork, as I assume I won't be able to see it live.

Bufftp
08-18-2010, 01:53 PM
It is listed in Channel 7 programming here locally (Buffalo), so I assume locals can see it live.

OpIv37
08-18-2010, 01:54 PM
I believe the NFLN replay is 11 pm on the same night.

The last buffalo fan
08-18-2010, 01:54 PM
10pm local time tomorrow! :beers:

Johnny Bugmenot
08-18-2010, 02:59 PM
If the game does not sell out in Toronto, it will indeed be blacked out in Toronto, Buffalo, Rochester, and Erie, but not in Syracuse, since no part of the Syracuse market is within 75 miles of the Rogers Centre.

As far as I know, though, the deadline for that was Monday night, so we would've heard about whether or not it was by now. However, the Rogers Centre has somehow gotten away with refusing to divulge its ticket sales.

I'm going to assume it's going to be on TV.

Gibran Chandan
08-18-2010, 06:10 PM
It's listed on Yahoo! TV for tomorrow at 7:30, and I'm 99% sure that I saw a promo during the news on 13WHAM the other day for the live broadcast. Sounds to me like it'll be on the networks live.

BillsWin
08-18-2010, 07:59 PM
I think I'm going to listen to it online. Then watch it at 10 PM my time when it comes on NFLN. For anyone who wants to listen you can use radiotime.com just search for wgr or whatever radio station the broadcast is on. It's clear, it doesn't skip, and the delay isn't TOO bad.

I for one enjoy radio play by play better than TV anyway. While I like to watch TV, I'll often times pause it, put it on mute and then match the radio audio with the visual. So that I can watch the game with the radio broadcast. It's much more enjoyable for me.

justasportsfan
08-18-2010, 08:23 PM
it's scheduled on wham 13 on direct tv guide

hammerbillsfan
08-18-2010, 08:23 PM
If the game does not sell out in Toronto, it will indeed be blacked out in Toronto, Buffalo, Rochester, and Erie, but not in Syracuse, since no part of the Syracuse market is within 75 miles of the Rogers Centre.

As far as I know, though, the deadline for that was Monday night, so we would've heard about whether or not it was by now. However, the Rogers Centre has somehow gotten away with refusing to divulge its ticket sales.

I'm going to assume it's going to be on TV.

Erie isn't either

Yasgur's Farm
08-18-2010, 08:32 PM

I'm going to assume it's going to be on TV.Back in the day, Syracuse could broadcast the game... But for the last few years anyway, the rule is, if the broadcast signal extends within the 75 mile (Or is it 90 mile?) radius, they can't broadcast.

CuseJetsFan83
08-18-2010, 09:14 PM
its 75 miles of the stadium.... and the western most signal for WTVH is in the vicinity of cananadaigua

Tiburon1724
08-18-2010, 10:12 PM
Wasn't there a game there I think last year that wasn't sold out but was shown here?

serth
08-19-2010, 04:49 AM
I think that the 75 miles from Buffalo, not Toronto still applies...

BillyT92679
08-19-2010, 07:43 AM
ALL BILLS IN TORONTO GAMES are sellouts. Rogers paid 78 million and within that, he officially bought all the tickets to every single game from 2008-2012. Even if nobody shows up tonight, the game will broadcast live in Toronto, Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse-Utica, and Binghamton (Erie is no longer a part of the Bills Television Network)

Now the Bengals game has not officially sold out yet, if it doesn't by Thursday it will not be broadcast live.

stuckincincy
08-19-2010, 08:12 AM
ALL BILLS IN TORONTO GAMES are sellouts. Rogers paid 78 million and within that, he officially bought all the tickets to every single game from 2008-2012. Even if nobody shows up tonight, the game will broadcast live in Toronto, Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse-Utica, and Binghamton (Erie is no longer a part of the Bills Television Network)

Now the Bengals game has not officially sold out yet, if it doesn't by Thursday it will not be broadcast live.

It didn't sell out - the media here in Cincy says it is blacked out in the Cincinnati tv market, and because it's a Fox nat'l broadcast, no local affiliates here can show it on tape delay (the DEN@CIN game was shown on tape delay here).

So - I assume that it will be shown for everyone else.

BTW - Tebow played a fair amount. He got a bunch of yards in a who-cares drive in the last minute and a half of the 4th. Ran it in from the 7, and evidently is ailing with some sort of rib damage.

Quinn looked poor - high passes.

Johnny Bugmenot
08-19-2010, 08:24 AM
If they're advertising it, then it's going to be on TV.

BillyT92679
08-19-2010, 08:45 AM
It didn't sell out - the media here in Cincy says it is blacked out in the Cincinnati tv market, and because it's a Fox nat'l broadcast, no local affiliates here can show it on tape delay (the DEN@CIN game was shown on tape delay here).

So - I assume that it will be shown for everyone else.

BTW - Tebow played a fair amount. He got a bunch of yards in a who-cares drive in the last minute and a half of the 4th. Ran it in from the 7, and evidently is ailing with some sort of rib damage.

Quinn looked poor - high passes.
I heard about that... Bengals might have some blackouts this year too, along with Jags and Bucs

I was talking about the Kids Day game at the Ralph next week... Turkey Hill or Time Warner needs to gobble up some tix.

stuckincincy
08-19-2010, 08:59 AM
I heard about that... Bengals might have some blackouts this year too, along with Jags and Bucs

I was talking about the Kids Day game at the Ralph next week... Turkey Hill or Time Warner needs to gobble up some tix.

Ah...

Yep - CIN might have some regular season black-outs. They have a rough schedule as BUF also has, and a low # of wins will hurt the local gate here.

I can't blame folks - The b'gals under Mike Brown aren't exactly distinguished...

I do wish that BUF turns an eye to the CIN wrs, and cuts or a low-pick trade. Matt Jones, Quan Cosby, recent 2nd rounder Jerome Simpson, perhaps. With Nelson, Easely, Huggins out, I'd like to see them make a move in time to work out wr-qb timing in camp.

HHURRICANE
08-19-2010, 11:04 AM
Can you get the game on Satellite??