PDA

View Full Version : If Edwards continues to flop, do we cut him?

Hogwasher
08-18-2010, 01:44 PM
If it seems that Edwards lacks the mental aspect of the game, including the courage to go out and play as he needs to, do we keep him on the roster, considering he is a symbol of the frustration and ineptitude of this team?

I mean this more as in if by week three he does as poorly as we expect him to, not just as a preseason cut. Do we cut him to remove his negative influence from the team and make room for a player with potential?

PromoTheRobot
08-18-2010, 01:45 PM
Edwards, Fitz, Brohm...someone is getting cut.

PTR

OpIv37
08-18-2010, 01:47 PM
We have to keep him. Unfortunately, he is the least bad QB out of the 4. It's irrevelant anyway. QB is this team's top priority next off-season regardless of who starts.

dasaybz
08-18-2010, 02:08 PM
We have to keep him. Unfortunately, he is the least bad QB out of the 4. It's irrevelant anyway. QB is this team's top priority next off-season regardless of who starts.

How is he the least bad QB out of the 4?

I asked the same question yesterday that I'll ask today. What has he done positive in the past year?

OpIv37
08-18-2010, 02:39 PM

I asked the same question yesterday that I'll ask today. What has he done positive in the past year?
You didn't get an answer because you are asking the wrong question. As bad as Trent is, what have Fitz, Brohm or Brown done to show that they are any better?

The answer is "nothing." by all accounts, Fitz has been brutal in camp. Brohm couldn't crack GB's practice squad and hasn't shown anything in Buffalo yet. Brown hasn't had a chance yet, but he has to show something to warrant giving him one. Edwards wins by default.

I wouldn't be opposed to giving Brohm or Brown a shot if they show something in preseason, but it would be a long shot and so far that hasn't happened.

Philagape
08-18-2010, 02:40 PM

With this group, one can do nothing positive and still be the best one. That's how bad they all are.

dasaybz
08-18-2010, 02:44 PM
Who would you bang? The fat hairy chick over there? The one eating her boogers over there? Or the filthy one with the teeth missing over there?

justasportsfan
08-18-2010, 02:48 PM
If Brohm did anything to earn the starting spot, I think the coaches would have given him the nod to start. He is still fighting for it and Trent is still fighting to keep it . Thurs. game should be another battle.

trapezeus
08-18-2010, 03:35 PM
edwards is the cheapest of the 3 on the roster right now. you have to keep him on that basis alone.

brohm or fitz is getting cut.

JCBills
08-18-2010, 03:54 PM
edwards is the cheapest of the 3 on the roster right now. you have to keep him on that basis alone.

brohm or fitz is getting cut.

How is he the cheapest? He's making 1.65 mil this season, Fitz is obviously the most expensive, but Brohm is only making 470K this season. Even then, Trent is the most likely to run up the medical bill.

Beebe's Kid
08-18-2010, 04:43 PM
How is he the cheapest? He's making 1.65 mil this season, Fitz is obviously the most expensive, but Brohm is only making 470K this season. Even then, Trent is the most likely to run up the medical bill.

Trent throws the whole health insurance plan off. When it comes time to renew, they fill out the questionnaire, and TE has to put down how many times he's been concussed in the past year, raising the rate every time.

Not helping of course is the resumes of the OL, and the 18 of them that ran up the charges last year. They figure that Trent's chances of getting concussed again are fairly good.

In regards to what has Trent done, and the retorts of "nothing, but the least negatives is a positive" replies, I would have to say that Fitzy was 3-4 as a starter last year, technically, and 4-4 if you give him credit for actually being the winner of the Jets game. Trent has never gotten to .500. He also ran for that 31 yd score against the Phish, which was ****ing awesome.

If you read anything else I have ever posted, I love Fitzpatrick. He is a premier NFL QB...he just can't throw a football. Everything else is great...except he can't throw.

I read that Fitzy is the perfect back up, and I am perplexed. I know he is smart, he looks good with a clip board and on and on, but I personally prefer a QB that can throw the ball if we call his number. Call me crazy, but the fact that he is so bad at throwing the ball makes me feel Fitzy is expendable.

Ebenezer
08-18-2010, 05:17 PM
We?? How many of US is a member of the FO??

I don't think salary means a thing this time. There is no cap.

Johnny Bugmenot
08-19-2010, 11:17 AM
We?? How many of US is a member of the FO??

I don't think salary means a thing this time. There is no cap. So, as some of you in the Spin Zone think of the U.S. government, they can just spend to oblivion without regard to revenue? This team is profitable, but it's not rich.

better days
08-19-2010, 11:32 AM
So, as some of you in the Spin Zone think of the U.S. government, they can just spend to oblivion without regard to revenue? This team is profitable, but it's not rich.

You could take the combined pay of all the Bills QB's & it is far less than one GOOD QB makes.

SABURZFAN
08-19-2010, 11:35 AM
I don't think salary means a thing this time. There is no cap.

i disagree. if they all equally stink, you get rid of the highest paid. that's how businesses work. the cap has nothing to do with this.

Italian Stallion
08-19-2010, 11:43 AM
So, as some of you in the Spin Zone think of the U.S. government, they can just spend to oblivion without regard to revenue? This team is profitable, but it's not rich.

My thoughts exactly....thank you sir! :pimped:

SABURZFAN
08-19-2010, 11:47 AM
Who would you bang? The fat hairy chick over there? The one eating her boogers over there? Or the filthy one with the teeth missing over there?

the booger eater. you're not going to kiss any of them.

ServoBillieves
08-19-2010, 11:53 AM
Our quarterbacks suck and Trent won't ever be the same as before he was hit by Wilson. Was another thread necessary to this idea?

SABURZFAN
08-19-2010, 12:14 PM
Our quarterbacks suck and Trent won't ever be the same as before he was hit by Wilson. Was another thread necessary to this idea?

yes....

Nighthawk
08-19-2010, 12:15 PM
I am starting to believe that Ralph is behind Trent being on this team and being in the #1 spot right now. There is absolutely nothing that Trent has done to deserve to start over any of the other garbage QB's we have. Nobody can argue this fact. It's starting to smell like Gailey was given an order to make it look like he is having an open competition, but in reality, the decision was made a long time ago. This entire "competition" wreaks of Ralphy's handprints...

justasportsfan
08-19-2010, 12:20 PM
I am starting to believe that Ralph is behind Trent being on this team and being in the #1 spot right now. There is absolutely nothing that Trent has done to deserve to start over any of the other garbage QB's we have. Nobody can argue this fact. It's starting to smell like Gailey was given an order to make it look like he is having an open competition, but in reality, the decision was made a long time ago. This entire "competition" wreaks of Ralphy's handprints...

One of the guys from wgr said that he spoke to Ralph in the past and Ralph said that he told Trent he was going to be a "great one" but not to print it or say anything about it because Trent was still in a qb competition with JP at that time.

Nighthawk
08-19-2010, 12:21 PM
One of the guys from wgr said that he spoke to Ralph in the past and Ralph said that he told Trent he was going to be a "great one" but not to print it or say anything about it because Trent was still in a qb competition with JP at that time.

This just adds to my belief that this is what is going on.

SABURZFAN
08-19-2010, 12:28 PM

i bet it's the obnoxious one who hates Edwards.

justasportsfan
08-19-2010, 12:41 PM

not the one that sounds like OP on the radio around 5 pm. :idunno:

Nighthawk
08-19-2010, 12:42 PM

That would be the entire staff of WGR! :;

SABURZFAN
08-19-2010, 12:57 PM
not the one that sounds like OP on the radio around 5 pm. :idunno:

he was the big Tebow lover who wanted the Bills to draft him with their 1st round pick.

Thief
08-19-2010, 04:42 PM
Who would you bang? The fat hairy chick over there? The one eating her boogers over there? Or the filthy one with the teeth missing over there?Tell me more about the booger eater.

JCBills
08-19-2010, 04:53 PM
Tell me more about the booger eater.

Considering she isn't fat, hairy, toothless, or filthy, I'd say she's the winner of the group. Maybe she's a freak in the sack.

better days
08-19-2010, 05:56 PM
Tell me more about the booger eater.

So you like the kinky girl. Me too.