X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dasaybz
    • Apr 2005

No fire from Trent

I remember a few years back, Manning got into it big time with his center Jeff Saturday. He was in his face and pissed off about something. I really don't remember what he was pissed off about, but a couple series later, him and Saturday were smiling on the sidelines and being buddies.

I have never seen any emotion like that out of Trent. It gets me thinking that maybe he just doesn't give a crap about football. Pay attention to him this next game, see if he ever gets mad, or gets in anyone's face, or if he yells at anybody. Nope, you'll just see him slap his hands together like aww shucks.

Now, I'm not saying you need to be a loud mouth to be successful, but a little bit of passion out of your leader would be nice.

Go look at the list of Super Bowl QBs, and tell me who out of this bunch is as laid back as Trent.

• Mr. Pink
    Peterman Sucks!
    • Mar 2006

Re: No fire from Trent

So all we need is a guy like Jim McMahon who goes around head butting teammates and wearing unapproved attire on the field to get fined!

Theismann, Plunkett, Rypien, Warner, Dilfer - just to name a quick handful never got in the face of teammates.

And Joe Montana was extremely laid back.

You don't need to shout and rip someones head off to be successful.

Comment

• Hogwasher
      • Aug 2010

Trent seems to lack the confidence to play with abandon. Call it passion, courage, ect.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Trent has enough problems on his own to worry about before going around and getting in peoples faces.
        Last edited by justasportsfan; 08-18-2010, 02:35 PM.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• dasaybz
          • Apr 2005

I thought I made it pretty clear in my post that you don't need to shout and rip someone's head off to be successful.

Now, I'm not saying you need to be a loud mouth to be successful, but a little bit of passion out of your leader would be nice.
          But all those guys you just mentioned had fire. Trent doesn't even come close to Warner.

Comment

• dasaybz
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
            Trent has enough problems on his own before going around and getting in peoples faces.
            I agree, but maybe that's part of the problem. Maybe he just doesn't have the passion to be an NFL QB.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

I don't think passion was his problem. Confidence is.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                I don't think passion was his problem. Confidence is.

His confidence has been shot ever since he took that hit from Adrian Wilson.

Unfortunately, it is very apparent he's never getting it back.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                  • Feb 2005

Who the hell is Trent to get in anyone's face - the guy hasn't earned the right to say **** to anyone.

Peyton Manning on the other hand...
                  Last edited by DMBcrew36; 08-18-2010, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• AustinTransplant
                    • Aug 2010

Yeah, Trent is a sissy. What I noticed out of that list is how many times a QB from the state of Washington made it to the super bowl. hmmmm..... 2 words
                    "Jake Locker"

Hopefully Trent is our starting Qb and he will help us get inline to get Locker!!!

Action Jackson in the House!

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

I'll worry about him completing an accurate pass longer than 10 yards before I worry about his "fire."

One step at a time.
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

yelling at another player suggests that you have enough faith that he'll get it right. our qb's spend so much time on their backs, i don't think it really matters what is said.

just breathe easily and take this 3-13 season as easily as you can.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by dasaybz
                          I remember a few years back, Manning got into it big time with his center Jeff Saturday. He was in his face and pissed off about something. I really don't remember what he was pissed off about, but a couple series later, him and Saturday were smiling on the sidelines and being buddies.

I have never seen any emotion like that out of Trent. It gets me thinking that maybe he just doesn't give a crap about football. Pay attention to him this next game, see if he ever gets mad, or gets in anyone's face, or if he yells at anybody. Nope, you'll just see him slap his hands together like aww shucks.

Go look at the list of Super Bowl QBs, and tell me who out of this bunch is as laid back as Trent.

http://football.about.com/cs/superbo...arterbacks.htm
                          I get what you are saying. I have heard Trent in enough interviews. When he talks about golf he seems to have a passion that is missing when he talks about football.

Comment

• VeggieMan14
                            • Jan 2008

maybe he is a psychopath and is unable of showing emotions
                            I feel a win streak coming and a Bills Playoff Run!!!

VeggieMan- To many Concussions as a kid

Comment

• BillsWin
                              man amongst boys
                              • Oct 2008

The only time I've ever seen him play with heart was that win against San Diego.

Maybe Denver. You can argue Oakland and KC in 2008, but we should have never had to come back against Oakland.

KC was interesting because it seemed like he was just having a good time.

Not anymore. The guy is a schmuck. I'm sick of watching, "pat the ball, pat the ball, check down. pat the ball, pat the ball, check down."

At least Losman made sucking exciting. Every once in a while that blind squirrel found a nut.

Edwards has been more of a ******ed squirrel since that hit by Adrian Wilson.
                              Last edited by BillsWin; 08-18-2010, 07:40 PM.
                              I am The Batman.

Comment

Working...
                              X