PDA

View Full Version : Let me get this straight...

elltrain22
08-18-2010, 08:25 PM
I love this team, always have, and always will; no matter what!! This upcoming season, this is the worst level of confidence I've ever had. I feel like this season is already a wash, and the only thing there is to look forward to is if we suck bad enough, we get a shot at drafting a really top-notch qb (assuming this front office would even make the pick). What really do we have to be excited about this season???? Let's look at some of the dynamics for this season...

-we have the worst stable of qb's in the NFL
- we have, by far, the worst O-line in football
- we have 1 legit WR, and the rest are scrubs
- we have a no pass rusher, and we'll have a hard time ever, ever getting to the qb
- we have very mediocre (being nice) LB's, who get hurt way too often
- we're implementing a brand new defensive scheme, that looks scary; and not in a good way!
- we have a very unproven coaching staff
- we have an owner who arguably is the real life version of Rachel Phelps (Major League reference)
- and last, but not least, the worst luck of any team in all of pro sports.

tell me why I shouldn't put on a paper bag right now??

justasportsfan
08-18-2010, 08:28 PM
I wore my bills jersey proudly during our 3-13 season while living in so. Fla. Thats what separates bills fans from most of the NFL fan base .

We love our team no matter how bad it hurts.

hammerbillsfan
08-18-2010, 08:30 PM

plastic, it's quicker

Gibran Chandan
08-18-2010, 08:30 PM
GO BILLS!

G Wolly
08-18-2010, 08:33 PM
Because hopefully one day we can win the big game, and it'll be that much sweeter.

Scumbag College
08-18-2010, 08:41 PM
I'm waiting for the secret weapon that the Bills are going to drop on the NFL starting Week 1.

chubluv
08-18-2010, 10:07 PM
I love this team, always have, and always will; no matter what!! This upcoming season, this is the worst level of confidence I've ever had. I feel like this season is already a wash, and the only thing there is to look forward to is if we suck bad enough, we get a shot at drafting a really top-notch qb (assuming this front office would even make the pick). What really do we have to be excited about this season???? Let's look at some of the dynamics for this season...

- we have a no pass rusher, and we'll have a hard time ever, ever getting to the qb
- we're implementing a brand new defensive scheme, that looks scary; and not in a good way!
- we have an owner who arguably is the real life version of Rachel Phelps (Major League reference)

I agree with a lot of what your saying. Until this year I was a season ticket holder. All of my friends ditched theirs so I didn't get mine this year for the first time since 1983. The only positive I have is that before we had that glorious run in the late 80's early 90's we hit rock bottom with a couple of 2-14 years. So hopefully there will be another re incarnation of Polian and his crew to draft and make some great trades to propel us into another glorious run.
:gobills:

better days
08-18-2010, 10:21 PM
I wore my bills jersey proudly during our 3-13 season while living in so. Fla. Thats what separates bills fans from most of the NFL fan base .

Yeah, I have been wearing my Bills stuff in S.W. Fla since I moved here. It is great to go to a bar or even WalMart & a fellow Bills fan will come up to you & start talking.

TMu11
08-19-2010, 05:16 AM
Because hopefully one day we can win the big game, and it'll be that much sweeter.

Can you imagine the "fans" that will claim to have always been there when we finally do win?

better days
08-19-2010, 07:32 AM
Can you imagine the "fans" that will claim to have always been there when we finally do win?

Most of them will be telling the truth. In spite of how bad the Bills have been the past 10 years the Stadium has been filled with fans. Many fans like myself not living in Buffalo have continued to support them by buying the ticket or going to a Bills bar every week.

Mahdi
08-19-2010, 07:37 AM

Cause we're going 11-5.............. at least.

k-oneputt
08-19-2010, 08:12 AM
That's the problem, we don't have a Polian drafting our players. Just look at our top-12 picks the last 5-6 years and you will see why this team sucks.

Johnny Bugmenot
08-19-2010, 08:37 AM

I don't get that mentality. Maybe it's because I believe in accountability-- that if you're wronged, you should seek remedy or avoid being wronged again. It seems that fandom is an exercise in masochism. What message does a loyal fan who will stick with his team through thick and thin send to the owner of the team? A sucker. If they keep coming when crap gets put onto the field, they'll put crap onto the field.

As for those who are holding on for that elusive championship: come on, folks, if you seriously believe that this team can win an NFL championship, take a look at the past 44 years and tell me what gives you that notion. They had their chance in the 90s and they blew it. No team from Buffalo has ever won a major league championship in the 150 years or so of major league sports (yes, I'm including the MLB Bisons of the 1880s and the All-Americans of the 1920s for you history buffs) and there's nothing I can see that is going to change that. Give up the dream. Your goal should be playoffs at this point; after eleven years without reaching them, that's what the Bills need to do. Dreaming of a championship is like dreaming of winning the Powerball or Mega Millions-- you can dream all you want but unless you beat one in a billion odds, it's not going to happen.

justasportsfan
08-19-2010, 09:52 AM
I don't get that mentality. Maybe it's because I believe in accountability-- that if you're wronged, you should seek remedy or avoid being wronged again. It seems that fandom is an exercise in masochism. What message does a loyal fan who will stick with his team through thick and thin send to the owner of the team? A sucker. If they keep coming when crap gets put onto the field, they'll put crap onto the field.

I guess thats what being a fan is all about. It doesn rule my everyday life but when it comes to football, the bills are my team.

Ickybaluky
08-19-2010, 09:57 AM
They had their chance in the 90s and they blew it. No team from Buffalo has ever won a major league championship in the 150 years or so of major league sports (yes, I'm including the MLB Bisons of the 1880s and the All-Americans of the 1920s for you history buffs) and there's nothing I can see that is going to change that.

What about the 1964 and 1965 AFL championships?

TacklingDummy
08-19-2010, 09:59 AM

My excitement from this seasons is going to be about the future. The Bills should be bad enough this year to get a pick in the top 3. Hopefully with that pick maybe the Bills will be drafting their future franchise QB.

Hopefully they don't screw up another bad season by winning a meaningless game or 2. Like they have done recently.

k-oneputt
08-19-2010, 10:27 AM
My excitement from this seasons is going to be about the future. The Bills should be bad enough this year to get a pick in the top 3. Hopefully with that pick maybe the Bills will be drafting their future franchise QB.

Hopefully they don't screw up another bad season by winning a meaningless game or 2. Like they have done recently.

And what makes you think they won't screw that pick up too ?
If they don't take a qb with that #1 pick...........especially after passing on Clausen in rd. 2 this year.

justasportsfan
08-19-2010, 10:33 AM
especially after passing on Clausen in rd. 2 this year.

where would Claussen be ranked at in next years qb line up?

Johnny Bugmenot
08-19-2010, 11:11 AM
What about the 1964 and 1965 AFL championships? Unless they were to play the NFL champions that year, they were no greater than co-champions. That, and they could've repeated in '66 and settled this once and for all, but they fell short-- a common trend.

more cowbell
08-19-2010, 11:37 AM
If they don't take a qb with that #1 pick...........especially after passing on Clausen in rd. 2 this year.

We'll pick in the top 3 and instead of taking a "Franchise" QB we'll take a safety to replace Whitner when his contract is up

better days
08-19-2010, 11:41 AM
We'll pick in the top 3 and instead of taking a "Franchise" QB we'll take a safety to replace Whitner when his contract is up

I guess you have not heard.......Dick was fired.

SABURZFAN
08-19-2010, 11:44 AM
in elltrain's defense, i think the brown bag would be more directed towards The Old Fart and his piss poor group of executives than it would be towards Gailey and the players. maybe somebody should organize a brown bag day for the last home game of the season if the Bills look like a top 3 pick for next year's draft.

ServoBillieves
08-19-2010, 12:00 PM
I wear a Bills or Sabres hat every day down here in Pittsburgh, if not accompanied by a jersey or shirt of the same.

I have a standing red buffalo tattooed permanently on my right shoulder.

Some of my friends forget my real name since they only refer to me as 'Buffalo'.

I will watch every game this season, from pregame to postgame, and I will love every minute that I'm a Buffalo Bills fan.

So stop *****ing and hope for the best.

TacklingDummy
08-19-2010, 12:11 PM

Odd's are they will eventually get it right.

Flowers, Williams, McGahee, Whitner, Maybin, Lynch, Losman, etc...

better days
08-19-2010, 12:27 PM

Matt Williamson of ESPN was very critical of the Spiller pick because of the QB & LT needs but he has said he changed his mind about that & he would not be surprised if Spiller is ROY.

Ingtar33
08-19-2010, 12:30 PM

That's how i've always been

Sure this year will blow bad... but this whole last decade has been nausiating to watch. I'll always be a Bills fan.

justasportsfan
08-19-2010, 12:37 PM
nothing fits more about following the bills than the saying "it's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all"

AustinTransplant
08-19-2010, 02:50 PM
Yeah, Not much to get "pumped" about. I like watching nobodies become great players in our system. Thats what I look forward to every year. I loved Jason Peters until he became an A$$! George Wilson is a good example. Lets see who will step up this year. I find it much easier to root for our team if ya approach it from this point of view. We are a natural underdog City.

I moved to Austin Tx 3 years ago and I love wearing my Edwards Jersey (I bought it few year back ok) around town. SOOO many comments. No one can understand how you can love a team that has sucked for so long. Can't explain it to fans of the Cowboys that rarely have a horrible team.

All of us Buffalonian "Transplants" down here gather for the games at this sports bar, We are about 50 strong on a good week. We take over the joint. It is hilarious when some "Cowboys" fans walk in the door into a sea of "Red, White and Blue" The feeling is priceless. They almost do a double take and look so confused. Could you imagine going to a bar for a Bills game and it is filled with nothing but Seahawk fans or something. Not a chance right? Not in Buffalo.

We might F@#$en suck, But I F@#$en LOVE THIS TEAM!! I'll wear my Bag and Edwards Jersey with PRIDE!